Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh and tuna lettuce wraps but instead of normal cheese and mayo I add a couple finely chopped chunks of blue cheese, half a serving of light mayo, and all the sriracha my heart desires. If it was OK to have for lunch and dinner every day you better believe I would!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Dipping french fries in ice cream- it's not just me!!! Before my weight loss, I used to dip my french fries in mayonnaise.

The whole of Holland and Belgium dip their french fries in mayo.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Well, when I still ate sandwiches, I MUST eat the crust off first and must eat the sandwich in to a rectangle or square. I usually do it with hamburgers too. Eat the outside part and shape it in to a square/rectangle.

I usually save what I love the most for last. Like for crispy chicken.. I take the skin off and save it for last. Fatty piece of meat... save it for last. Beef stew? Save the meat for last.

Cooked fruit (other than berries) grosses me out to no end. It always sounds good, like apple pie, or peach cobbler or something, but I can not stomach the texture or the flavor of cooked fruit. BLEH!

Absolutely no fruit is allowed in my salads. That also grosses me out. Especially if the person also adds a regular salad dressing to it. Yuck

Celery & carrots raw= ok. Celery & carrots cooked to where they're still crunchy= NOT OK. Celery & carrots cooked to mushy= yum

Other than fried chicken... left over chicken weirds me out and I usually don't eat it. Hubs gets mad at me for wasting food.

And finally (I have more weird food things but can't think of more atm)... melons kind of gross me out after they've been cut. When they're freshly cut.. YUM! But leftover melon... I always have this feeling that it has spoiled and is rotten, so I don't usually end up eating any leftovers.
  • teddyindy
    teddyindy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dijon mustard with everything, excluding sweets.
    I tend not to make dishes just all ala carte items (fish, asparagus, potatoes)

I tend not cook with oil because I like tho eat my fats (nut butter, coconut oil chocolate)

• zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs dipped in A-1 sauce-got this one from my brother-in-law, so good
    Fried Bologna on a warm corn tortilla
    I put my bowl of ice cream in the microwave to make soft serve.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    squeaker87 wrote: »

Oreos dipped in peanut butter is AMAZING, as are fresh-out-of-the-oven, still-warm brownies with butter and salt on top.

omg. must. try.
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I broil a head (or two) of Artisan Romaine lettuce, then sprinkle with Pink Himalayn Salt.😎
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Tabasco on anything and everything!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    squeaker87 wrote: »

Oreos dipped in peanut butter is AMAZING, as are fresh-out-of-the-oven, still-warm brownies with butter and salt on top.

omg. must. try.

OMG! How have I not thought to do this?!? ( I better not, otherwise, I may not stop!)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »

Ewww noooooo it’s just vinegar and spices blehhh lol it’s all about Cholula and tapatio 😎👌🏻
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Well maybe not technically with the food cause the list would go on for days but I guess my family finds it pretty weird I know the macronutrient content of almost every single protein and vegetable source off the top of my head and pretty exact at guessing/ estimating portions just from tracking so long and doing contest preps😂 it’s a curse and a blessing....
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    geiznekcm wrote: »
    I broil a head (or two) of Artisan Romaine lettuce, then sprinkle with Pink Himalayn Salt.😎

🤔???
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chester's hot fries with cream cheese and pickle juice.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »

🤔???

Cut in half, spray with olive oil, under broiler until just charred. It will blow your mind. Top with salsa as a side dish.

I do this too, but I drizzle with olive oil and grill cut side down on a cast iron griddle pan until charred. Dot with ranch or blue cheese dip or balsamic.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Store cottage cheese tubs upside down, forming a nice textured creamy top layer (similar to top layer pudding)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »

🤔???

Cut in half, spray with olive oil, under broiler until just charred. It will blow your mind. Top with salsa as a side dish.

You are a hero bro!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Tonight i topped a slice of toasted ciabatta pugliese with a smidge of salted bitter, truffle zest, sugar free raspberry jam,pb2 and American cheese..if that aint weird i dont know what is...but it was freaking delicious 😘
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »

Ewww noooooo it’s just vinegar and spices blehhh lol it’s all about Cholula and tapatio 😎👌🏻

No way, franks red hot for the win!

I like to burn my zucchini and veggies when I cook them in a pan so they have a nice and crisp charcoal flavor. Then I scrap the burnt stuff caked on the pan and top it on the veggies, lol. I like to add hot sauce, TONS of onion powder (so it forms a nice thick layer), nosalt salt, and stevia to pretty much everything. At cook outs I always burn my hot dogs so they are black.

I sometimes like to cook my chicken in the oven for like an hour so it ends up super dry and hard. (I am weird and like dry chicken)

I think I already mentioned maple syrup on salad.

• nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Our neighborhood Vietnamese restaurant doesn’t have salads on the menu but they do have lettuce that they serve with egg rolls. So I always order a side of lettuce, roll it up, and eat it straight. My husband tells me I’m part rabbit.

And nobody seems to appreciate my Wickles spicy pickles with almond butter on sprouted wheat toast.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I have been known to put cauliflower in my oats with strawberries... not that strange I guess.