Weird things you do with food

Replies

• GerimsWils0114
    GerimsWils0114 Posts: 4 Member
    Making a sandwich for breakfast from Saturday night’s leftover beans.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Making a sandwich for breakfast from Saturday night’s leftover beans.

Sunday morning breakfast made with leftover baked beans, fried eggs and possibly bacon, was common in my house. Makes a great meal

( ex Bostonian ) ;)

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    My favorite thing recently has been - tortilla, a pat of butter (5g) spread on top, and then about 4tsp (10g) of grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top (the kraft kind, haha). Cook it in the microwave about 45 seconds.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Tabasco on anything and everything!

Ewww noooooo it’s just vinegar and spices blehhh lol it’s all about Cholula and tapatio 😎👌🏻

No way, franks red hot for the win!

I like to burn my zucchini and veggies when I cook them in a pan so they have a nice and crisp charcoal flavor. Then I scrap the burnt stuff caked on the pan and top it on the veggies, lol. I like to add hot sauce, TONS of onion powder (so it forms a nice thick layer), nosalt salt, and stevia to pretty much everything. At cook outs I always burn my hot dogs so they are black.

I sometimes like to cook my chicken in the oven for like an hour so it ends up super dry and hard. (I am weird and like dry chicken)

I think I already mentioned maple syrup on salad.

I am so with you on the chicken thing...i cant explain it, but i love it
  • saranoor2012
    saranoor2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Grapes with chedar cheese. Hot chocolate with cheese in it coffee with cheese in it. Pinaple with cheese. I am a mouse
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    My bottle of Red Boat fish sauce that I ordered online arrived, so I did a fish sauce taste test. Tasting was done on plain rice. I expected to like Red Boat best based on this article.
    https://ourdailybrine.com/fish-sauce-taste-test/

However I actually prefer the two brands I physically purchased on Phu Quoc island while on vacation. They were Hung Thanh (previous trip) and Hong Duc (this trip). I understand the appeal of Red Boat, being very mellow with no fishiness. I prefer my fish sauce to be a little more funky. The fourth bottle I have in the house is Tiparos (from Thailand, not Phu Quoc) which is apparently the best of the cheap brands. Still mellow but fisher than the other three brands.

Red Boat and Hung Thanh only contain anchovies and salt. Hong Duc also contains a flavour enhancer E627. Tiparos contains water, anchovies, salt and sugar.
  • acpgee
    Red Boat fish sauce on popcorn.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    If I eat a cupcake, I must pull the bottom off, put it on top of the frosting and eat it like a little cupcake sandwich. That's as strange as I get.
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    sauerkraut and fried eggs is all I got :D
  • acpgee
    crazyravr wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Red Boat fish sauce on popcorn.

Doesnt this make the popcorn soggy?

No, because you don't need much to add a lot of flavor. Just a few drops goes a long way.
  • antsosbo
    antsosbo Posts: 40 Member
    When I eat hamburgers/sandwiches, i start from the outside and bite in spiraling circle pattern until it becomes a smaller and smaller circle and then just pop the smallest bite in my mouth.

I eat all the breading off chicken nuggets first and then eat the meat.

At Krystals, I remove the bottom bun and eat it alone, and then i fold the top bun and burger into a taco shell shape and place a few fries in there and eat it like that.
  • acpgee
    My bottle of Red Boat fish sauce that I ordered online arrived, so I did a fish sauce taste test. Tasting was done on plain rice. I expected to like Red Boat best based on this article.

However I actually prefer the two brands I physically purchased on Phu Quoc island while on vacation. They were Hung Thanh (previous trip) and Hong Duc (this trip). I understand the appeal of Red Boat, being very mellow with no fishiness. I prefer my fish sauce to be a little more funky. The fourth bottle I have in the house is Tiparos (from Thailand, not Phu Quoc) which is apparently the best of the cheap brands. Still mellow but fisher than the other three brands.

Red Boat and Hung Thanh only contain anchovies and salt. Hong Duc also contains a flavour enhancer E627. Tiparos contains water, anchovies, salt and sugar.

I have tried many and Red Boat is well worth the cost for me when simply adding to meals.
    For marinating, I dont want to use the good stuff so I use the Squid brand.

I threw out my bottle of Squid brand after trying Tiparos. Also cheap and widely available. Squid is too funky for me.
  • Kristielaine84
    Kristielaine84 Posts: 1 Member
    I like peanut butter and tomato sandeiches!!! So hear me out!
    Toast the bread, so the peanut butter melts! Add lots of pepper and then tomato slices. It's amazeballs! Same with peanut butter and onion on toasted bread...omg yes. Thank satay 😉
  • acpgee

I have tried many and Red Boat is well worth the cost for me when simply adding to meals.
    For marinating, I dont want to use the good stuff so I use the Squid brand.

I threw out my bottle of Squid brand after trying Tiparos. Also cheap and widely available. Squid is too funky for me.

Since I really like the pungent smell and strong taste of fish sauce, I tried your idea of adding a splash to popcorn. I have to say, THANK YOU for this. Absolutely love it. And you are right, the popcorn does not go soggy at all but the taste and flavour, wow :)

Glad you like it. I was surprised myself as I originally thought it might be overpowering but I really liked the combination. I suspect it is key to use a high quality fish sauce such as Red Boat which is relatively mellow (smells of the sea, not the harbour).
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Has anyone else contemplated turning coffee mate into "milk" cause youve got a cereal hankering but out of the real stuff?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    I cut off the ends of my hotdogs or sausages so i can give it to my dogs.

I also use ketchup on potatoes and among other things
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Ketchup on over easy eggs. (some times.. not necessarily all the time)
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Beets and cottage cheese
    Cream cheese on rye bread
    I put dots (the candy) in a glass of wine and then eat them after I finish the glass
    Mustard and cottage cheese mixed together with over-easy eggs
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    My new "thing" is putting Crystal Light Powder into vanilla greek yogurt. Reminds me of Trix yogurt.
  • acpgee
    I like instant coffee in yoghurt.