What is your go-to fast food?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Subway usually...sometimes the Med salad from Wendy's or a baked potato and chilli.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Well I usually go places like bk and chick-fil-a because of the play places and I don't have to worry about keeping my toddler "contained" lol. But I don't eat at McDonalds because, other than their cookies, I think their food is just plain horrid. Burger King is slightly better. Chick-Fil-A is pretty good but I find that it's not very filling for some reason. I can eat 12 nuggets and a thing of fries and still be hungry. I guess it's better to get a sandwich because the bread probably fills you up more but I really love those nuggets
  • RScowgirl
    RScowgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you eat out it has lots of sodium I started meal prep for the week so much easier
  • RScowgirl
    RScowgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you eat out it has lots of sodium I started meal prep for the week so much easier
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    RScowgirl wrote: »

This is for tonight, so I'm guessing meal prep isn't in the cards for right now. A meal that is high in sodium isn't that big of a deal for people without a medical reason to limit it. Just have an extra glass of water if you get thirsty.

And besides that sometimes it's nice to go out to eat and have someone else make your food for you lol.

Good point. I meal prep and I love cooking, but I still enjoy having a night where someone else does all the work (and washing up). :)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My choice is Panera. I get the Pick Two Mediterranean veggie sandwich and broccoli cheese soup. Sometimes I get the apple as my side. Sometimes I get the chips and save them for a snack another day. Their kettle chips are so good and perfectly portioned.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I often pick kids' meals if I have limited options and have to do fast food, like while travelling, and I'm trying to keep my calories fairly low. Most are between 400-600 calories since they're a little smaller but it's usually a reasonable portion for me.
  • no1racefan1
    no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Looks like you already found tonight's meal, but here's my go to fast food:

Arbys--double roast beef sandwich (no condiments, just the plain roast beef) and no sides, unless I have extra calories to use. Which I usually don't. The sandwich by itself has enough protein to satisfy me for a long time.

Dairy Queen--4 piece chicken strips. Just the chicken, again no sides. Maybe some buffalo sauce to dip in. Or sometimes a double hamburger w/ just veggies and no condiments.

Qdoba--taco salad w/ chicken (double chicken if I'm really hungry), bacon, Caesar dressing, and pico de gallo. Sometimes add some tortilla strips on top for some crunch.

• CoffeeAndWanderlust
    Options
    I don’t know if you have a Wawa wherever you are, but they’re usually my go to because they have a very user friendly nutrition calculator online.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If you have to get fast food out, I think an Egg McM at 300 calories is a top contender. Skip the potatoes.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    My choice is Panera. I get the Pick Two Mediterranean veggie sandwich and broccoli cheese soup. Sometimes I get the apple as my side. Sometimes I get the chips and save them for a snack another day. Their kettle chips are so good and perfectly portioned.

I love Panera. Partly because they deliver and that regularly saves me at work. Partly because I can get variety of combinations for under 500 calories. I always pick "no side". I know I'm paying for that bread/chips/apple, but I'm better off not having it available.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I really like Pei Wei. They have "small" size entrees that are a perfect size for me, pick your own protein and you have the option of lettuce cups if you don't have room for 250 calories of rice (which is still reasonable imo).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I find Taco Bell is great both price wise and calorie wise. I can get a pretty filling and cheap 500 cal meal. The beef or chicken tacos, bean burrito, one of the chicken burritos (I forget which one).

Generally, if you skip the fries most fast food sandwiches are a good bet. I mean you can get a loaded burger or chicken sandwich for reasonable calories, it's usually the fries and soda that put you over the top. I'm rather fond of Wendy's cheeseburgers and chicken sammies :drinker:
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I find Taco Bell is great both price wise and calorie wise. I can get a pretty filling and cheap 500 cal meal. The beef or chicken tacos, bean burrito, one of the chicken burritos (I forget which one).

Generally, if you skip the fries most fast food sandwiches are a good bet. I mean you can get a loaded burger or chicken sandwich for reasonable calories, it's usually the fries and soda that put you over the top. I'm rather fond of Wendy's cheeseburgers and chicken sammies :drinker:

I know, but I always want the fries lol. Unfortunately, even small fries are sometimes just as much as the freaking burger or chicken sandwich. How rude.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell power bowls; Chick fil a grilled chicken sandwich or their grilled chicken market salad; Boston Market rotisserie chicken.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I know, but I always want the fries lol. Unfortunately, even small fries are sometimes just as much as the freaking burger or chicken sandwich. How rude.

:lol: I know, that's another reason why Taco Bell works well for me on days I didn't save calories - I can effortlessly get out without fries!

I always go to the drive thru (to avoid standing surrounded by the smell of what I always imagine is the fries) and I actually write down what I'm going to order rather than winging it. It doesn't always work, but it does sometimes! I actually save calories for a once a month trip to Wendys to get a spicy chicken sandwich meal or a Dave's single with cheese meal. Knowing I can have it "soon" helps me make better choices when I end up there unprepared.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

:lol: I know, that's another reason why Taco Bell works well for me on days I didn't save calories - I can effortlessly get out without fries!

I always go to the drive thru (to avoid standing surrounded by the smell of what I always imagine is the fries) and I actually write down what I'm going to order rather than winging it. It doesn't always work, but it does sometimes! I actually save calories for a once a month trip to Wendys to get a spicy chicken sandwich meal or a Dave's single with cheese meal. Knowing I can have it "soon" helps me make better choices when I end up there unprepared.

They have fries now (at least at some locations), but they're TERRIBLE.

I mean, I am one of those people who says there is no such thing as a bad french fry . . . but the Taco Bell fries are bad.