What is your go-to fast food?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I find Taco Bell is great both price wise and calorie wise. I can get a pretty filling and cheap 500 cal meal. The beef or chicken tacos, bean burrito, one of the chicken burritos (I forget which one).

Generally, if you skip the fries most fast food sandwiches are a good bet. I mean you can get a loaded burger or chicken sandwich for reasonable calories, it's usually the fries and soda that put you over the top. I'm rather fond of Wendy's cheeseburgers and chicken sammies :drinker:

I know, but I always want the fries lol. Unfortunately, even small fries are sometimes just as much as the freaking burger or chicken sandwich. How rude.

:lol: I know, that's another reason why Taco Bell works well for me on days I didn't save calories - I can effortlessly get out without fries!

I always go to the drive thru (to avoid standing surrounded by the smell of what I always imagine is the fries) and I actually write down what I'm going to order rather than winging it. It doesn't always work, but it does sometimes! I actually save calories for a once a month trip to Wendys to get a spicy chicken sandwich meal or a Dave's single with cheese meal. Knowing I can have it "soon" helps me make better choices when I end up there unprepared.

They have fries now (at least at some locations), but they're TERRIBLE.

I mean, I am one of those people who says there is no such thing as a bad french fry . . . but the Taco Bell fries are bad.

Yeah, I mean once you dip them in the nacho cheese sauce they're fine, but I'll just get nachos if that's what I'm after. But I was glad when I tried the nacho fries and they weren't good enough to be worth the calories. My obstacle course is already tough enough. Though it does make me giggle to say "Nach-yo fries!" when I see a Taco Bell :blush:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    Leftovers :wink:

Me too :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I find Taco Bell is great both price wise and calorie wise. I can get a pretty filling and cheap 500 cal meal. The beef or chicken tacos, bean burrito, one of the chicken burritos (I forget which one).

Generally, if you skip the fries most fast food sandwiches are a good bet. I mean you can get a loaded burger or chicken sandwich for reasonable calories, it's usually the fries and soda that put you over the top. I'm rather fond of Wendy's cheeseburgers and chicken sammies :drinker:

I know, but I always want the fries lol. Unfortunately, even small fries are sometimes just as much as the freaking burger or chicken sandwich. How rude.

:lol: I know, that's another reason why Taco Bell works well for me on days I didn't save calories - I can effortlessly get out without fries!

I always go to the drive thru (to avoid standing surrounded by the smell of what I always imagine is the fries) and I actually write down what I'm going to order rather than winging it. It doesn't always work, but it does sometimes! I actually save calories for a once a month trip to Wendys to get a spicy chicken sandwich meal or a Dave's single with cheese meal. Knowing I can have it "soon" helps me make better choices when I end up there unprepared.

I mean, I am one of those people who says there is no such thing as a bad french fry . . . but the Taco Bell fries are bad.

I used to have to fry the taco salad shells and Mexican pizza shells for the day when I drew the opening shift there (once upon a time long long ago). I still remember that smell. If they use the same oil for the fries... :sick:
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

I used to have to fry the taco salad shells and Mexican pizza shells for the day when I drew the opening shift there (once upon a time long long ago). I still remember that smell. If they use the same oil for the fries... :sick:

Omg Taco Bell was my first job. It is so weird when you walk into one, and you're like.. holy crap, it smells like 20 years ago. I still eat it though, even though I know how everything is made lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

Omg Taco Bell was my first job. It is so weird when you walk into one, and you're like.. holy crap, it smells like 20 years ago. I still eat it though, even though I know how everything is made lol

Same. Actually, I don't really even mind knowing how everything was made. Except the rice. The amount of fat that went into that stuff was shocking! :lol: I'm sure a lot has changed, though.
  • kaosvarkas
    kaosvarkas Posts: 46 Member
    Bean burrito and ice water at taco Bell. Cheap. Decent calories.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I also love Tokyo Joe's. You can basically build your own meal and the calorie contents are very clear. Not to mention the food is really good.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    kaosvarkas wrote: »
    Bean burrito and ice water at taco Bell. Cheap. Decent calories.

that just sounds sad to me
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I like to get the Taco Bell Chicken Power Bowl for 500 calories.

I don't really go to the other fast food places on your list. Subway, Moes, Zoup, or Panera Bread have some healthy & filling options. Those are the places I stop at usually if I'm grabbing fast food.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member

Yeah, I also find Taco Bell a good deal price and calorie wise. Plus, they pretty much let you modify everything on the menu however you want, and the up-charges for things like more beans or swapping chicken for beef are extremely reasonable, and that makes it easy for me to boost protein and fiber, which are the only things other than calories that I worry about. I can leave off cheese on things where I don't find it makes much of a taste impression; swap out a fat-based sauce for salsa, etc. And there are a lot of things on the menu under 500 calories, even things under 200 calories, so you can have a couple different things. No fries on the menu means I don't feel deprived if I don't have fries.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2018
    A large Wendy’s chili is only 270 cals and it’s really good and satisfying. They give you some saltine crackers with it and I like to crumble them up into it.

Burger King value menu. I usually get a value double cheese burger with onion rings for 540 cals.

Whole Foods pizza. You can get a HUGE slice for about 450 cals. Sometimes less. It depends on which topping you choose. You could get a small side salad with it. I’m not a big snack person, so when I plan to go to Whole Foods I have a small breakfast and save the rest of my cals for their pizza and cookies 😂🤗 I can’t do that cauliflower crust s**** I need the real deal 😩😂

Wanton soup from Chinese takeout.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Tim Horton's breakfasts! Especially when I am coming off of overnights and starving, I get them. Trying to cut down on them now though.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    If I need to get a quick meal out, a formerly local chain called Potbelly's (now all over) is easy and has low cal options -- turkey sandwich on thin-cut bread. I'll spend extra calories for the hot peppers, though.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Brooklyn Fare sashimi counter! They have lil boxes ready to go at lunch time! Hey it’s fast. ☺️
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Farmer boys
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I need to be gluten free due to celiac. I get burgers at Red Robbin and Zinburger and both of those offer gluten free fries at my local locations.
  • staciw
    staciw Posts: 58 Member
    Grilled chicken sandwich at Wendy’s with no sauce is my go to for fast food. Or grilled nuggets at cfa with buffalo sauce, fruit cup and unsweet tea.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    My favorite fast food is El Pollo Loco and my favorite item on the menu is the double chicken avocado salad.
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Doritos locos taco without cheese is 140 calories. If a chick fil a is accessible, 12 grilled nuggets are 210. Even the breaded nuggets aren't bad at 390 for 12.
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Unwich from jimmy johns