Fit For Future Families - August 2011

Options

Replies

• meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh and Sandy, the only time my cycle was screwed up when I took anitbiotics was when I was on BC...but I'm sort of a believer that anything is possible.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    was working in the field all day yesterday so I'm trying to catch up with you all. WHEW! I ended up working a 15 hour day which meant no trying last night :( but if this is not the month then I can blaim work! On the way home I almost stopped at McDonald's then i remembered my goal was no fast food so I waited and ate when I got home. Now I need to decide what to eat for lunch since I woke up too late to pack one.

Pam- no i'm not temping at all yet. I'm first just trying to get aquainted with my body and my cycle without the pill, as well as having fun with my man. I have kinda been paying attention to "mucus" but I'm not totally certain of that either. I THOUGHT that I had passed the "egg white" stage, but today it seems to be back to who knows. My goodness, who thought I would be talking about discharge with strangers 2 months ago lol

GBOH: It's good to have you back with us, and I'm glad AF finally came so that you can try again in October. I was praying fot you and will continue. Let's hope that October is the month!

Everyone else I would love to comment on everything but it's a busy day again, so I wanted to make sure I popped in to say hey! I saw a few people talking about waiting for the "right" time and finances. I am a firm believer that there is no "right" time and if God brings a kid into the world the He will take care of that child as well.

Have a great day everyone!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OMG! So, I have completely slipped up again! Start-over # whatever, here I come. How many times can I start over!? This summer has been extremely busy and full of a lake of motivation. So, I am back again...
    It's so nice to have you ladies (old and new) to turn to! Here is a little about me (love this idea!)

Name: Kim
    Where you live: Michigan (metro-Detroit area)
    Job: Dance Admin. Assistant at the Detroit Opera House
    Length of time on the board: A long time! a yearish or so...
    Marital Status: Married! (2nd Anniversary is on Monday!)
    Length of time you've been with SO: 5 years
    Do you have kids: no :(
    Length of time TTC: 1 year 8 months... but whos counting?
    Diagnosis: not ovulating
    Do you chart your BBT: Yes! and I just got my first cover line!!!!
    Do you use OPKs: Clear Blue Easy Monitor
    Are you on any meds for TTC: 2nd cycle with clomid...still crossing our fingers to see if it worked. And multi-Vitamins plus extra folic acid.
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 150
    Goal Weight:139
    and finally......
    Weird Fact About Yourself: I can do the splits
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Pam- Oh my that is quite the "bomb" to be dropped on you. I totally understand about not wanting to quit what your trying atm but wow. I'm not sure in that instance I would have had the rational to say think about it first before gobbling up the idea.

AFM- Good day all around on the food end. BBQ'd myself a steak for supper and smothered it with mushrooms and onions 2 of my favourites. Had more drama at work but sent a WTF e-mail to one of my co-workers who has been assigned acting chief while the real chief is away and he is taking the increased authority poorly. Ah well such is life. He didn't come unglued at me though after standing up for myself and many others he was trying to walk over. I need to hurry up and get preggo so I can go on a much desired maternity leave haha. I love my job if it was the job alone and not the politics because they are exhausting. Was down 2.2 more pounds on my weigh in for me which I am ecstatic about and made me feel much better about skipping out on the amazing Crepe at Cora's yesterday. Also went for my pre-baptism meeting which brightened my day. Can't wait for Sunday :D:D:D. Hope everyone else had a good day!
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    Pantera, we are really considering it. The biggest reason that I don't want to is the health thing. I'm 4'9 and 178 lbs.... which apparently puts me in some horrific BMI category that makes me want to hide, roughly forever. Plus, I have been off hormonal BC for a year and my cycles have been ridiculously irregular (I'll go three months without a visit from AF and then have one every two weeks for 2 months, and other fun stuff like that). My doc insists that it has everything to do with my weight and refuses to even run tests until I'm in at a healthier BMI. There are no fertility problems in my family, or my husbands (in fact, quite the opposite), so I'm inclined to agree with her. I mean, considering our current method of BC is uhhh... withdrawal? - when we feel like it - and have been for a year, it's not like we are really working to hard to prevent anything. I think my body is doing that all on my own. Thankfully, I know that we could adjust our lifestyle at this point to pay for baby, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm mostly worried that if I got pregnant before I'm healthy that I would end up passing these issues on to my child and I really don't want to do that. :-/

Of course, my doc blames anything and everything on my weight. It drives me up a wall.
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Sorry, I'm one of the newbies and I realized I've only posted a couple times! I must admit that I don't have Facebook, twitter or myspace so you'll have to excuse me for lacking a tad on social networking skills! LoL I have been reading through the posts though, and I wish I could respond to everyone (I should jot down notes like y'all do!)--but I just wanted to say how impressed I am by all of you strong amazing women. I know that sounds cheesy but it really is so touching to hear all of your stories--and it especially amazes me the bond between everyone on this board no matter what stage of TTC they may be at. My husband and I have moved quite a bit the past couple years and now I'm in a new state where I don't know anyone...and it's weird because I never pictured myself going through this whole starting a family thing without close friends around. So just wanted to say I'm thankful for this board, even if I haven't quite made a peep yet :0)
    Tonight the hubs and I actually had our first little tiff over ttc, and this is only our second month! We have looked forward to this time for years and have talked to great lengths about our excitement about having a baby. But now that the time is actually here it's been a tad trickier. I used opk's last month and this month I started charting, but he's Really not into that stuff(which I understand). He keeps saying let's just "let it happen"---which makes me weepy because I can't help thinking of my age, weight and the previous miscarriage. I am a tad stressed but I do want to have fun with this too--and I'm not a "let it happen" kind of girl! LoL It's nothing too serious but it is frustrating and I thought I'd put it out there and see if you had any advice? I'm trying to ease up, and he has a Really exhausting work schedule.... but I also think I have legitimate worries. Have any of you dealt with issues like this with the hubs while TTC? Or am I just wacko :p
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So, trying something new to help me remember y'all's real names. Sorry the post is so long. I've been reading all week, just haven't really made the time to respond. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Nancy (PanteraGirl), wow, you have some big possible life crossroads ahead. Ultimately, I think you will just feel what the best option is for you, but I agree with everyone else, if having a family is most important to you, don't stop TTC. You will both make it work, whatever choice you have to make. I think that's the thing about being a parent, you just learn to adapt. Life will change completely anyway when a baby arrives. Good luck & know you have a lot of ears here if you need to talk.

MadBabysMama, fingers crossed through your 2ww.

Meggan (meggamix), glad you got your OPKs. Sorry your cycle is all out of whack. I hate the feeling of waiting for AF. Hoping things start to get more normal for you.

Kimberly (KHaverstick), Great job on the exercise and eating last week, especially with company.

Luki (lukimakamai), Welcome back!

Tara (taldie01), Fingers crossed for you!!

Alisa (AlisaToth), Congrats on a good day of classes & hooray for sushi! That's definitely one of the foods I will hate to give up when pregnant. Maybe I can go and just eat the non fish rolls -- nah, it's just not the same.

Beth (newleafbeth11), Good goals this week. I gave up soda a few months ago and it's still hard. I saw I guy with a fountain Coke today while I was standing in line to pick up some lunch and just stared at for much too long. I resisted, because I was headed back to the office (where I have water), but still...

Fiona (pixieofdoom), glad you're feeling better!

EmilyRanae22, totally unrelated to any of your posts, but I just wanted to say that I love your current profile pic!

Karen (kah78), I'm so proud of how vulnerable and strong you can be at the same time! And your hammer therapy is just perfect!

Amanda (batgirlrox), I'm so sorry your nausea symptoms returned. Especially in the midst of starting to feel stressed about the process. There's really no easy advice to not get worried about it, but having been on this journey for awhile, I can say that embracing the process has worked the best for me. Not that I don't still get bummed, but I'm learning to enjoy learning more about my body and look for the positives amidst it all. The OPKs I use have a digital reader that displays a smiley face when the lutenizing hormone appears. Instead of saying, "Hey, I'm ovulating" to hubby, I say, "My pee stick smiled at me this morning, so guess that means we're having sex today!"

Jalara, can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back!

Destiny (thedestar), fingers crossed on your 2ww!

Lisa (lmr9), We've been on this journey for almost 4 years, but here's the general timeline. I consulted my obgyn about 9 mos after we started TTC, but it just happened to coincide with my regular annual exam. We waited another 3 months or so after that before we tested hubby & did a few rounds of Clomid. That didn't work, so I had an HSG to check out my fallopian tubes (open, but a little slow on one side, probably because my uterus is tilted - this is not abnormal, apparently) and then tried on our own again. I didn't feel right on the Clomid, so when I went back to the doctor, she put me on Femara for a few cycles. Honestly I probably didn't give that enough of a chance, but was frustrated and stopped. Now, we're focused on natural trying while I work on losing weight. I want to be a healthy weight before we shell out a lot of cash for an IUI or IVF. Interspersed through all of this I've temped and used OPKs.

Pam (fitterpam), wishing you strength as you work through your friend's life changing situation. It can't be easy for either of you. *HUGS*

Dawn (godblessourhome), boo for unwelcome vacation visitors!

Kim (kcurtis05), good luck with the re-motivation. We're here for ya, girl!

Jane (9Honey16), It takes guys a little longer to come around to the process. I think the pride thing is harder for them. I suspect that it's been so driven into them to be careful not to get a girl pregnant that they take it for granted that it might not be as easy as just undoing her bra in the back of a car (hey, maybe we should try that!). If you both really want a family, he'll come around.

Welcome to Amanda (e_amanda), Neka (datxdiva), Simone (mom2pne), Kristi (klmh614), marissa0717

AFM,

Thanks all for the shoutouts on my health screening test results. I realized I am getting a lot more satisfaction out of the NSVs along this journey. Healthier, less stressed, stronger, etc. I notice it in small things, like how I stand up straighter now because of the yoga or how I can carry so much more weight with my arms.

The week has been rather uneventful (thankfully). The good news is my pee stick really did smile at me today (right after hubby returned from a work trip, perfect timing!), so today was and tomorrow will be fun! :love:

Baby dust to you all,
    Stephanie
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good work with the names Stephanie, I have such trouble keeping them all staright, I'll be referring back to your post *g* Love your smiley face peestick!

Pam, wow, what a thing to happen. I'm so impressed with your calm and rational way of thinking about it. Lucky baby to have so much love waiting for him/her whatever happens.

Jane, I've had the same thing with my other half. He just wants to see what happens whereas I like to feel more in control of things. For me, I'm going to take my prenatals and keep an eye on temps etc. but try really hard not to let it control me and still keep things as spontaneous as possible. I don't want to get to a point where he thinks I expect him to perform on demand on certain days (I think I could come across that way in my control freak mode). I'm sure there's a balance there somewhere.

Beth, trust your instincts I guess. You know your body better than your GP does.

Panteragirl (love the name and pic) we're kind of in the same boat in terms of finances and there never being a right time. Like you, we've just decided to go for it. There are people in far worse situations that manage just fine. It scares me a little (see control freak comments :smile: but I know that the perfect time will never happen and i'll regret it if I wait forever.

Glad you're feeling a bit better Jalara and Karen. I'm awed by your strength

Apologies to anyone I've missed and baby dust all round

Fiona x
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! i hope you are all having fantastic days! I finally had a chance to read all of your posts so hopefully i'm not missing anyone.

Pam- that is nuts! One of my friends was pregnant and really didn't want it and i almost offered to take the kid, she ended up having a miscarriage which is sad. Good luck with everything! Do you already have an adopted child?

Taldie- i completely understand with not wanting to hype yourself up. I keep going back and forth from "i think this is the month" and this is NOT the month. My sister said she didn't have any clue until she missed her periods. I don't know if I would have the same type of pregnancy as her, but I figure that she's the closest I have to tell what it will be like. My sister also even THINKS about having a kid and she is pregnant by the end of the month...b**** hehe Hang in there!

Megan- I get totally understand your confusion about the OPK's. that's part of why I haven't tried them, I already obcessively pee on sticks when I KNOW that even if I was pregnant it wouldn't tell me so I figure that another pee stick is a bad idea.

Kim (kcurtis)-welcom...back?

Batgirl- are you in the military? I meant to check your profile but forgot. I am in the Coast Guard and i'm having the same problem! i wanted to push the the guy overboard yesterday. I had been mostly stressfree until this week so I'm hoping it doesn't screw things up.

Beth- Don't hide. you are taking healthy steps to a better life style and that is something to be proud of!

9honey-I totally understand about feeling weird about TTC away from the support of friends and family. We are all here for you, and that's what the telephone is for. :)

Stephanie (Sdavisneill)- thanks for the compliments about the photo, i felt like I needed something new

AFM: I will be away at church camp with 80 children next week so, #1 I will not be on-line all week, #2 that should keep me from obcessing in my last week before AF, #3 I may come back not wanting kids! (j/k I'll just come back knowing some things I do and do not want to with my children) Work has been crazy and it's making me NUTS I had been relatively stress free, but this week i have worked 2 very long days and with mine and my hubbies scheduels being opposing it made it really hard to stay up until he gets off work at 11 (esp when I need to be up at 0530 the next day). So i #1 have not seen my man, #2 have not been able to "try", and #3 feel like a totally crappy wife because he gets up an has breakfast with me in the mornings but I can't even stay up long enough to give him a kiss when he gets home. I know that wanting to sleep after a 16hour work day doesn't make me a bad wife but I still feel bad. I am SO glad that it's friday! Weather permitting hubs and I will be going on a nice long bike ride tomorrw and I will DEFINITLY be sleeping in tomorrow! whew!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Im about ready to take a test 6 days away from expected period though, probably a BFN. I dont really have any symptoms that are concrete, other then the ones I have fabricated in my mind. I am afraid I have built this up all in my head again. Youd think Id learn. Just gotta focus on my health and family.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts ladies, happy friday! Never giving up
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Pam- that is nuts! One of my friends was pregnant and really didn't want it and i almost offered to take the kid, she ended up having a miscarriage which is sad. Good luck with everything! Do you already have an adopted child?

Nope - we were approved adoptive parents a few years ago, but had a couple of failed attempts at adoption so we`re back on this journey with fertilty meds again...........
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Heather- Bump is looking great.
    Jalara- I’m glad you were able to cry uninhibited. Have a wonderful time in Vegas.
    Pam- the exchange student with us now is AWESOME! We wish he wasn’t leaving to go back to Taiwan in a week. He has only been with us since the beginning of July and after he leaves our other student will be returning from China. An SA testing the DNA rather than a count would be able to tell us more of the affects diabetes is having, but at this point I have agreed with my DH to put our financial means toward adoption. Since at this point neither of us are truly interested in major intervention it doesn’t make sense to continue to pay to find this illusive reason for infertility. Also this adoption development is very exciting. I agree that your friend needs more time to think about this. Either way it was very sweet of her and shows how much she trusts you and your SO.
    GBOH- Sorry! Hugs to you. I agree with Pixie, enjoy the holiday.
    Megan- Sorry your cycle is taking forever. How FRUSTRATING!!!
    Kim- Welcome back! I have been off my game too, so I’m glad I wasn’t the only one :o) Whoo hoo for the upcoming anniversary.
    Stephanie- WOW so impressed that you used everyone’s RL names!
    Tadie- I hope you are right!
    AFM- Actually made it to the gym today and had a great workout. Hopefully I can make this a normal occurrence. I was doing so well before I went home to Hawaii. So after reading Pam’s post I realized I need to do an update since being out of touch. So before I left for Hawaii we had sent in my husbands citizenship paperwork (Immigration said it wouldn’t be a problem and to apply my DH through his adoption paperwork and mom’s citizenship), we met with the bugger lawyer and he said we were all set to get the “Dear Birthmom Letter” out and schedule our homestudy. So when I was in Hawaii I started to tell everyone of our plans and get the word out. My DH and I were on top of the world feeling everything was moving along great. Then the BREAKS were slammed. We received a letter of Immigration denying my husband’s citizenship!!! What the hell! So basically the letter said my husband needed to apply with his court paperwork before 2001 and essentially he is too much of a citizen to apply with the form the immigration office had told us to use. So now we have to reapply with our marriage paperwork. To us, this makes NO SENSE so we are talking to some senators to see if they can help us out. It is just so frustrating that immigration doesn’t let us to give ALL the paperwork at the same time and each time we have to pay again. So we have a stack of “Dear Birthmom” letters sitting in our house waiting to get mailed out and the homestudy is on hold. We don’t want to get the homestudy until his papers are done or we will waste part of the two years the homestudy is good…So anyway that is where we are. We are hoping that there is a good reason for the pause- like maybe I’ll get pregnant and we will go back to our original plan for having a biological baby and then adopting our second baby, but it is in God’s hands so we are just riding along and trying not to get too frustrated…
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Luki - totally get that being passed around feeling. That was the most frustrating part of the adoption. Just keep telling yourself that the result (a child) is completely worth it!!!! I know the issues are more immigration than adoption, but it`s all pieces of the bigger whole....our social worker kept telling us that it`s a good way to learn how to advocate and navigate the new territory....in our case, we were looking at adopting a little girl that we woul dhave been doing that a lot with (severe medical issues) and it was all of those things, but that didn`t stop the frustrations.....
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Morning all - I can`t get over how regular my cycle has become - it`s still on the long side, but really.....36 days for 8 out of the last 9 months is pretty good. And this was the cycle I had those VERY clear ovulatory signs and VERY clear PMS signs too :D Tomorrow will be my day 1. Today is day 35 and I had the dip in my temp this morning. Most people would think I`m very strange for getting excited about knowing how all this works, but I have never in my life been regular - when I was a teen, I was told that it was normal for women starting to menstruate to have irregular cycles so it wasn`t until I was 23 that I realized something was wrong with my PCOS diagnosis. NOW 9 years later, I finally have a grasp on what I need to do to regulate my cycles. I can`t wait until the IVF is done and my pregnancy is complete to try and regulate myself without medication (right now Metformin 1500mg a day). I don`t want to mess with my mojo before the IVF - but that also means that I`ll be doing an ultrasound and bloodwork on Monday......

Tomorrow is not only the day I`m set to start AF, but it`s also the start for my IVF!!!! So in 31 days from tday, I`ll be starting another cycle and then 45 days from now, I`ll be going for an egg retrieval and then 3 days later I`ll be going for an embryo transfer (which is coincidentally my 10th wedding anniversary). I`ll be able to get a BFP in around 60 days!!!!! I`ll be announcing it officially on December 17. If we go for a single embryo - we`ll be due end of June. If we go for double embyro, we`ll be due beginning of June.....Can you tell I`m excited to start my day 1 - it starts the cycle before MY cycle!!!!

Today, I`m planning on spending some time ripping up my bathroom (and then after DH gets home from work, we`re going for a hike in the woods - it should be fairly cool - it`s pretty cool right now here (19C or 67F) and I`ll hopefully be able to keep the asthma in check.....I also start my acupuncture this week!!!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I found the article interesting......goes through how embryo development is negatively impacted by maternal fat: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/232941.php

I know this isn't something we haven't know before (common sense) and the study was done with bovine eggs vs. humans, but it will be interesting to see what the results are. After all, isn't that why we're all on this site and in this thread? To reduce the impact on our future families? Definitely put things back into perspective for me....
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Pam- HUGE smiles for you! I'm so excited!!!! :happy:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Pam - That is so exciting!!! I know exactly what you mean about getting excited about day one of your cycle! I felt the same way when I started the provera last week. Like, this could be the last time I have to do this....I could have a BFP in 30-45 days. I am SO happy I'll have so much going on during my 2WW w having all my family in and out if town hopefully I won't even notice it!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Interesting article, Pam--thanks for sharing! And that's very exciting to think about the chain of events you described! Best of luck to you!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    LOL - I have to change my earlier statement.....TODAY was day 1....kind of a shocker, but all good, except now the clinic is closed for the day and they aren't open tomorrow, so hopefully they're still willing to start this cycle.....(since it's not an active cycle, it should all be good)
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Pam- oh well :laugh: Hopefully everything will still work out!

AFM- Getting ready to head to the gym. 1 hour on the eliptical will do me good