What are your 2019 exercise goals?

Options

Replies

• Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I want to start running. I usually do workouts at home mainly beachbody workouts. My work had a fitness walk and I quite enjoyed it so I want to fit this into my schedule maybe twice a week.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Inspiring goals, everyone!

Mine is: Do more than I did in 2018 :grimace: Not exactly a high bar :wink:

It's not a high bar but it's a reachable bar. I'm well acquainted with situations where the only the only logical goal is, "do something more/less." I know for me, it's often easier to achieve success when there isn't a set number to what that thing is. Not because the bar is so low, but because there's less pressure.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Is that a newly acquired medal @Chieflrg? h.
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Now:
    Lose ~1lb/week through May. (18# total, 20 weeks, ~155 target)

Jan:
    Hit 30+ hours of cycling.

Feb:
    Hit 35+ hours of cycling.
    Black belt in TKD.

March:
    Hit 45+ hours of cycling.

April:
    Get in some nice long weekend rides.
    Hit 50+ hours of cycling per month now through August.

May:
    Be ~155#
    12hrs @ Mesa Verde - keep my head in the race, solid/even effort throughout. Better than +50 percentile finish.

June:
    Lose ~1lb/month through September. (~150 target)
    PB Chequamegon 100 mtb race. (Sub 12hr)

July:
    TBD - Not sure. Lots of riding, having fun, mostly mountain bikes.

By August:
    Raise my threshold power by approx 10% when comparing Aug ’18 to Aug ’19.
    Raise extended duration power (8+ hrs) from ~58% to ~60% capacity.

September:
    ~400 training hours.
    Be 150# or less w/o compromising power to weight.
    Finish Marji Gesick 100, (3rd and final attempt)

Throughout the year:
    Improve mental toughness.
    Be less dumb.
    Practice self-control.
    Maximize training plan/adherance.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    To get back to lifting. I have struggled this year so much with joint pain.
    To walk up Snowdon in wales in the summer.

Not much by some standards but I am so unfit after nearly two years living with arthritis.
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Finally start lifting and build some muscle!
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    just started yoga so do want to continue & maybe try other types of yoga besides hatha & yin yoga , maybe vinyasa .
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I’d like to train to run a 10k sometime in 2019 and start working on my swimming so I can eventually do a triathlon. I don’t care about being fast. I just want to be able to finish!
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Do the Rachel Carson homestead challenge (17 mile hike in one day), train for the full Rachel Carson challenge in 2020, get my century (bike 100 miles in one day), backpack/hike/camp more, as long as the testing lines up I am hoping to test and get my orange belt in krav maga. I may hike the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail but it will depend on if my husband and I can plan it so it doesn't eat all of his PTO. Or I might just do it on my own.

@MikePTY meant to tell you that I recently passed the yellow belt test. You got this!!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    Do the Rachel Carson homestead challenge (17 mile hike in one day), train for the full Rachel Carson challenge in 2020, get my century (bike 100 miles in one day), backpack/hike/camp more, as long as the testing lines up I am hoping to test and get my orange belt in krav maga. I may hike the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail but it will depend on if my husband and I can plan it so it doesn't eat all of his PTO. Or I might just do it on my own.

@MikePTY meant to tell you that I recently passed the yellow belt test. You got this!!

@skram01 Wooohoo! Congrats! The next tests are in January at my school, but I'm not scheduled, because I was new when they did the scheduling. My hope is I can test up for Yellow Belt during the next round of testing. I suppose there is an outside chance I could go for Orange by the end of 2019 but I would have to improve a lot between now and then. I'd be plenty happy with my Yellow.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing: Get lead certified. Move up a full grade in both sport and bouldering.
    Running: Do my first 19k in February and my first half marathon in November with no walking!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Happy nights in the Paysayten Wilderness. Stands on more challenging summits. Ski as much as possible. Bike in new places. Swim in alpine lakes.

I'd really like to start climbing again but I don't know how reasonable that is, so it's not a goal so much as a hope.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Two marathons two weeks apart (Brighton and london)
    Run 1000miles (or if I manage that early enough in the year 2019km)
    Continue to improve my speed and strength