What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Both mozzerella sticks and chocolate-covered strawberries are a complete disappointment.

I agree

• tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hate pork. All forms of pork. It tastes like sweaty burps.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I hate pork. All forms of pork. It tastes like sweaty burps.

SAME!!! I HATE PORK!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Both mozzerella sticks and chocolate-covered strawberries are a complete disappointment.

I agree

Mozzarella sticks, yes. But I have an enormous weakness for chocolate plus nuts or chocolate plus berries (well, red berries or cherries). Not those chocolate fountain ones, though, as that chocolate is ick.
  • lemurcat2
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I love pork. I especially love Berkshire pork from a local farm, way better than super lean supermarket chops or loin IMO. I have purchased half pigs from local farms, and that was great, and filled up my freezer for ages.

Granted, my great uncle raised hogs (for food), so maybe it's a family thing!

I still think bacon is overrated. It's fine, but the excitement it inspires is odd; I'd rather have a good chop.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I agree

Mozzarella sticks, yes. But I have an enormous weakness for chocolate plus nuts or chocolate plus berries (well, red berries or cherries). Not those chocolate fountain ones, though, as that chocolate is ick.

I'm the opposite lol. I love mozzarella sticks, but couldn't care less about chocolate-covered strawberries. I would take one or the other alone though.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options

If you've not been to the Southeast, do specify, if you order iced tea, whether you want sweet or unsweet . . . or you will get sweet, unless they're insightful enough to ask. True many places, not just talking about McD. [/quote]

Agree. Unsweetened tea or lemonade, often sweetened with simple syrup, is the default in the Southeast. There's even enough sugar added to Kool Aid to choke an elephant.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    admaarie wrote: »
    Maybe I’m biased because I’m Canadian, but dunkin donuts is gross. I’ve tried it twice while in the states and it’s been a no from me both times. Tim Horton’s is 10x better IMO.

Also, chocolate chip cookies are overrated and would much rather have a white macadamia nut, ginger, or oatmeal cookie any day over a chocolate chip.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are good. With high quality chocolate discs or chunks, not Toll House morsels with the weird waxy coating.

Raisins, however, do not belong in cookies. Or carrot cake or cinnamon rolls or bread pudding. Just NO!

I always hated eating an oatmeal cookie when I was younger & realizing raisins were in it.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Yes! Raisins are gross and I don’t understand why people enjoy putting them in perfectly good desserts 😂

I was so pissed one time I thought I was buying chocolate covered almond and it was raisins -_-
    I threw the whole thing out lmao

Also, I don’t buy Tim Horton’s coffee - I was talking about food/donut wise. I need to try McDonald’s coffee though. A lot of people seem to like it.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

If you've not been to the Southeast, do specify, if you order iced tea, whether you want sweet or unsweet . . . or you will get sweet, unless they're insightful enough to ask. True many places, not just talking about McD.

Agree. Unsweetened tea or lemonade, often sweetened with simple syrup, is the default in the Southeast. There's even enough sugar added to Kool Aid to choke an elephant.
    [/quote]

In the "classic" southern sweet tea I grew up with, it is sweetened with cane sugar that is added while the water is boiling and has an almost caramelized taste to it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I agree

I'm the opposite lol. I love mozzarella sticks, but couldn't care less about chocolate-covered strawberries. I would take one or the other alone though.

When I could still have gluten? Jalapeno poppers > mozzarella sticks.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

I agree

When I could still have gluten? Jalapeno poppers > mozzarella sticks.

I can have gluten and I agree with this.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm expressing this clearly unpopular opinion in response to page 2.

Through a straw, I'm sucking a delicious smoothie consisting of ice, banana, blackberries, kale, peanut powder, kefir, hemp seeds, powdered vegetables and creatine.

What's not to love about that? Protein, fiber, fat, probiotics, micronutrients, and vitamins.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Only thing I see on page 2 that would relate to that smoothie is kale hate. Several of us have already said we like kale, however.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I really dislike eggnog unless there is dark rum in it.

I just dislike eggnog. It's cloying and the texture is gross. Plus I cannot convince myself to use that many calories on a drink, no matter how 'festive' it may be.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    admaarie wrote: »
    Maybe I’m biased because I’m Canadian, but dunkin donuts is gross. I’ve tried it twice while in the states and it’s been a no from me both times. Tim Horton’s is 10x better IMO.

Also, chocolate chip cookies are overrated and would much rather have a white macadamia nut, ginger, or oatmeal cookie any day over a chocolate chip.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are good. With high quality chocolate discs or chunks, not Toll House morsels with the weird waxy coating.

Raisins, however, do not belong in cookies. Or carrot cake or cinnamon rolls or bread pudding. Just NO!

Ahhh, something I can disagree with! LOL Raisins are awesome. Oatmeal raisin cookies are superior to chocolate chip. Fight me.

Also, raisins are always included in my stuffing and chicken salad recipes.

I won't fight you over them - you can just have my share and leave more chocolate for me! :smiley:
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    cilantro is disgusting
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    cilantro is disgusting

Ah yeah, the "cilantro tastes like soap" gene. My dad has it too.