What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I really dislike eggnog unless there is dark rum in it.

I just dislike eggnog. It's cloying and the texture is gross. Plus I cannot convince myself to use that many calories on a drink, no matter how 'festive' it may be.

I drink one a year because it is a family tradition. By itself eggnog is too thick and sweet. I think mine ends up being mostly dark rum with a splash of eggnog for appearance sake.

I like egg nog. After I've cut it in half with milk. Bonus points if I added rum and nutmeg. But by itself it is very gloppy feeling.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    admaarie wrote: »
    Maybe I’m biased because I’m Canadian, but dunkin donuts is gross. I’ve tried it twice while in the states and it’s been a no from me both times. Tim Horton’s is 10x better IMO.

Also, chocolate chip cookies are overrated and would much rather have a white macadamia nut, ginger, or oatmeal cookie any day over a chocolate chip.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are good. With high quality chocolate discs or chunks, not Toll House morsels with the weird waxy coating.

Raisins, however, do not belong in cookies. Or carrot cake or cinnamon rolls or bread pudding. Just NO!

Ahhh, something I can disagree with! LOL Raisins are awesome. Oatmeal raisin cookies are superior to chocolate chip. Fight me.

Also, raisins are always included in my stuffing and chicken salad recipes.

My people!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    admaarie wrote: »
    Maybe I’m biased because I’m Canadian, but dunkin donuts is gross. I’ve tried it twice while in the states and it’s been a no from me both times. Tim Horton’s is 10x better IMO.

Also, chocolate chip cookies are overrated and would much rather have a white macadamia nut, ginger, or oatmeal cookie any day over a chocolate chip.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are good. With high quality chocolate discs or chunks, not Toll House morsels with the weird waxy coating.

Raisins, however, do not belong in cookies. Or carrot cake or cinnamon rolls or bread pudding. Just NO!

Ahhh, something I can disagree with! LOL Raisins are awesome. Oatmeal raisin cookies are superior to chocolate chip. Fight me.

Also, raisins are always included in my stuffing and chicken salad recipes.

I agree. I rarely eat sweets but I do enjoy a good oatmeal raisin cookie.

As much as I love raisins I've found that dried cranberries are better in stuffing and chicken salad.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Coffee, even sweetened, is bitter and unappetizing to me. I've had coffee drinks in the past that were mostly sugar and ice cream, and I'd still rather just not have any coffee flavor.

Beer is also not that tasty to me. I like cider well enough, but my town is big into the whole craft beer thing and it drives me up the wall when I go out with people because they'll want to go places where the only alcoholic drink is $8 for a glass of fancy-beer.
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Oreo thins are better than the original.

GTFO of here with that nonsense.

MEGA stuffed is the only way to go.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    lustymads wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Oreo thins are better than the original.

GTFO of here with that nonsense.

MEGA stuffed is the only way to go.

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

I just dislike eggnog. It's cloying and the texture is gross. Plus I cannot convince myself to use that many calories on a drink, no matter how 'festive' it may be.

Which reminds me that I loved that supermarket carton eggnog as a kid, it was a fun thing to look forward to at Christmas. It's sad to me that I now find it disgusting.
  • MarshmallowMuffinTop
    Options
    I hate ketchup and it is a freaking abomination that should not exist. 🤮
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I drink one a year because it is a family tradition. By itself eggnog is too thick and sweet. I think mine ends up being mostly dark rum with a splash of eggnog for appearance sake.

I like egg nog. After I've cut it in half with milk. Bonus points if I added rum and nutmeg. But by itself it is very gloppy feeling.

:open_mouth:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

All that's missing are the Oreos!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Eggnog with nutmeg and oreos? almost makes me wish I still drank alcohol to try it out :tongue:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I'm willing to take one for the team on adding rum, but there ain't no way in the land of Beelzebub am I getting involved with eggnog.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I'm willing to take one for the team on adding rum, but there ain't no way in the land of Beelzebub am I getting involved with eggnog.

So none of these?

6qjkbx7c14e2.jpg

(They're fake, BTW, before all you eggnog and Oreo lovers get too excited :tongue: )
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

So none of these?

6qjkbx7c14e2.jpg

(They're fake, BTW, before all you eggnog and Oreo lovers get too excited :tongue: )

giphy.gif
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I woo'd you. For the record, in this case it means both ick and whoo-hoo!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

So none of these?

6qjkbx7c14e2.jpg

There is a recipe running around on Pinterest to make eggnog cookie truffles... It did occur to me to try and make some actually, but regular oreo truffles, and ones made out of the salted caramel oreos sounded better. If those were real I would totally try them. :lol:

Might look something like this?? Hmmm.. a cocktail to try and make.. wait- what thread are we in?!?! :lol:

aa_oreococktail3.jpg
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

My mom will be serving eggnog on Christmas, I am for sure bringing an Oreo to dip and see if that works.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Agree. Eggnog is SLIMY and gross. I even hate the smell. My parents always buy some the minute it is available. It disgusts me to see the milky film left in their glasses after drinking it.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Packaged eggnog is not that great, even the better quality ones.

Homemade (the dangerous kind ;) ), using the Fannie Farmer cookbook recipe (I think it is; I have it copied out) with a dozen eggs, a couple of pints of heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, crazy amounts of bourbon and rum, fresh-grated nutmeg, eggs separated/beaten, cream beaten, more, all folded carefully together: silly big amount of work?

Whole different story. You can't really drink it; it mostly needs to be eaten with a spoon. Haven't made it in years, but I'm utterly certain I'd still wallow happily in the stuff, and emerge just as sated and stupified as I ever did.

QFT! I really dislike the texture of commercial eggnog, but I make it for Christmas pretty much as described above and it's not even in the same ballpark!