Intermittent Feasting

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    So I see my clever title was too good at fooling people; someone started a thread on food worth the calories and it almost immediately got as many or more posts than this one.

Awww ((hug)) :tongue: Well I think it's clever and will keep bumping whenever I think of it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to find a picture, but 100%, old-fashioned style maple glazed donuts. I would rather eat nothing all day than turn one away. It's a real problem.

Twins. I adore a good maple bar. I know I've mentioned it in the "if it didn't have calories thread" a couple times.

icjiyz3mcngp.jpg

• whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to find a picture, but 100%, old-fashioned style maple glazed donuts. I would rather eat nothing all day than turn one away. It's a real problem.

Twins. I adore a good maple bar. I know I've mentioned it in the "if it didn't have calories thread" a couple times.

icjiyz3mcngp.jpg

I would seriously live off them if I could.
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2018
    Options

icjiyz3mcngp.jpg

But do you like them with bacon on top?!? Cuz, ya know, protein!

gdwjkbvvc8dd.jpg
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I just had half a maple donut yesterday. No bacon; don't eat it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I've never had a maple donut :-o
  • CarvedTones
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    So I see my clever title was too good at fooling people; someone started a thread on food worth the calories and it almost immediately got as many or more posts than this one.

Awww ((hug)) :tongue: Well I think it's clever and will keep bumping whenever I think of it.

No big deal; in fact it's an ironic twist in that one of my pet peeves is poorly named threads that you have to open to see what the question or topic is ("can't believe this", "why is it", "is this correct?" or whatever).
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options

icjiyz3mcngp.jpg

But do you like them with bacon on top?!? Cuz, ya know, protein!

gdwjkbvvc8dd.jpg

Sure if I can take the bacon off :P
  • CarvedTones
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg
    Sticky toffee pudding.. with custard, ice cream and blueberries.
    (Sorry abt the bad photography)

That sounds interesting. I am not sure I have ever had both custard and ice cream together. It does seem like they would complement each other.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Cadbury's Chocolate Christmas cake... unresistable !!!
  • ElC_76
    edited December 2018
    Options
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg

That sounds interesting. I am not sure I have ever had both custard and ice cream together. It does seem like they would complement each other.

They do very much especially with toffee sauce... mmm it, ' glides down'.. ;)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg

Oh, so delicious! Substitute cherries for the blueberries and I don't think I could stop eating this!
  • ElC_76
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg

Oh, so delicious! Substitute cherries for the blueberries and I don't think I could stop eating this!

Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions, but one of all time favorite ways to top something with fruit is canned cherry pie filling. In fact, on target with this thread another thing I am unlikely to turn down is cherry pie that is still warm from being baked (reheating is just not the same) with vanilla ice cream melting on top of it.

Mmm,.. that does sound delicious. I can see u have good taste there. ..
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,094 Member
    Options
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg

Probably belongs in the unpopular opinions, but one of all time favorite ways to top something with fruit is canned cherry pie filling. In fact, on target with this thread another thing I am unlikely to turn down is cherry pie that is still warm from being baked (reheating is just not the same) with vanilla ice cream melting on top of it.

I think it's pretty good, but most brands need more cherries vs. red goo, IMO. Is there a brand that you favor? (I know how to make my own with frozen cherries, cornstarch and sweetener of choice, if suitably inspired, which is easy, so that's always an option.)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg

I LOVE canned cherry pie filling! I use it to top cheese cakes and ice cream and waffles and chocolate cake and...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    7y2uv94cbxwl.jpg

I think it's pretty good, but most brands need more cherries vs. red goo, IMO. Is there a brand that you favor? (I know how to make my own with frozen cherries, cornstarch and sweetener of choice, if suitably inspired, which is easy, so that's always an option.)

Comstock is good but you have to make sure you are getting the right one; they have lite and no sugar in addition to the regular. Musselman's is good. Like most things, store brands are hit and miss. You have to keep in mind I started on the topic of cherry pie filling with my unpopular opinion of liking canned cherry pie filling; I am not as crazy about some of the higher end ones, especially not the sour cherry ones. I like red goo, but I do like a lot of cherries in it. One of my favorite things to have it on is Jello No Bake Cheesecake, so you may find my tastes questionable...

Samesies! I'll be low-brow down here with you.