Couch To 10K... I'm loving it!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    By the way this is a photo of me earlier this year after I completed the Grous Grind in Canada... A very steep climb up a mountain... I nearly threw up but I did it!

Congrats on the Grouse Grind. Have not done it (I don't live there) but know how tough it is.

On the weight thing, yeah it gets easier to run as you lose weight but TT is right as I know one guy who has about 40 lbs on me and can kick my *kitten* any time.

You'll be doing halfs in no time :)
  • PaigeAnderson1793
    PaigeAnderson1793 Posts: 21 Member
    You are so inspiring! Great job crushing your goals. I know you'll make it to your 10k goal soon.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    mgk45ijdzlzg.jpg

So today was boxing day but I got up early put in my new Bose wireless headphones and complete run number 2 in Week 7 of the Couch to 10K....

I thought I was going to collapse after 5 minutes but I did not let myself stop! I powered on through with a minor hangover and little sleep!

I did it... I'm doing it... I'm loving it!

Roll on next week when the runs go to 28 Minutes!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    You are so inspiring! Great job crushing your goals. I know you'll make it to your 10k goal soon.

THANKS SO MUCH 10K is gonna be amazing! 2 weeks left till I run 5K!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Today I do first run of Week 8 of the Couch to 10K... week 8 already! Only 2 weeks left till I run 5K!!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    Great job! Like @TavistockToad said, you are definitely a runner!!
    I did most of that program too! It worked really well for me until about 3/4 of the way through. By then, I could run for quite a while and found the walk intervals disruptive. Like, it was harder to restart running than just keep going. I found a 5 to 10K trainer by Active that I really like and have finished now. It mixes in shorter runs, longer runs, intervals and no walk breaks. For me, it got me past the barrier I hit with C210K. Obviously, do what works for you. I know a ton of people that used and loved the C210K app but for anyone else out there who got stuck like me, I wanted to throw out another option that I ended up really liking.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    @KellyLouiseGibson - Nice headphones! I got my dad some for Christmas and now I’m kind of wishing I’d bought myself a pair!

Also great job on the runs!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Great job! Like @TavistockToad said, you are definitely a runner!!
    I did most of that program too! It worked really well for me until about 3/4 of the way through. By then, I could run for quite a while and found the walk intervals disruptive. Like, it was harder to restart running than just keep going. I found a 5 to 10K trainer by Active that I really like and have finished now. It mixes in shorter runs, longer runs, intervals and no walk breaks. For me, it got me past the barrier I hit with C210K. Obviously, do what works for you. I know a ton of people that used and loved the C210K app but for anyone else out there who got stuck like me, I wanted to throw out another option that I ended up really liking.

Hey :-) I'm gonna be changing over to the 10K app in 2 weeks when I have run 5K. The app I have downloaded is an American one so not sure what it's gonna be like. I'm currently running for 28 Minutes straight no walking breaks and I think I should keep it like that just keep adding extra minutes on each week, if I start walking between now doubt I will get going :-/. I need to check the new app soon so it's ready for me to change over. Xx
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    @KellyLouiseGibson - Nice headphones! I got my dad some for Christmas and now I’m kind of wishing I’d bought myself a pair!

Also great job on the runs!

Yeh the headphones are fantastic! Go treat yourself on payday xx
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    So today I did week 8 run number 2! Only 4 more runs left till I run 5K... cannot believe I am doing this!

Was so hard but I powered through!

• KellyLouiseGibson
    1 week left only 3 more runs till I run 5K... 8 weeks ago I'd of never thought it was possible!
    But I'm really doing this!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    5a681cjxo784.jpg

Off out this morning for Week 9... final week!!!
    Run 1 of 3!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Run 1 of 3!

this may be a stupid question, but how is it the last week if you're not up to 10k?
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great job!!!!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member

Run 1 of 3!

this may be a stupid question, but how is it the last week if you're not up to 10k?

I think she’s doing C25K first then moving on to the 10K one so it’s the last week before moving on to the 10K plan.

• KellyLouiseGibson

Run 1 of 3!

The I've just completed the 5K app today and now changing to the 10K app :-) l5jce6o386rt.jpg
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    akw4z8tryhl0.jpg

So today I completed the Couch to 5K app which means I have to now change to the 10K app... now *kitten* gets serious.

To anyone thinking of doing it seriously do it... running is changing my life for the best!

9 weeks ago I couldn't run for 90 seconds now I run for 30 minutes!!!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    gwmg8iqaq9l2.jpg

Today I ran my first proper 5K away from the C25K app :-) exciting times half way to 10K!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    y8y2p2jsydjz.jpg

Only 3 more 5ks till I move onto 10K training app yay!
  • Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    I downloaded the C25K app a few weeks ago but done nothing with it yet - just been working with weights and dieting. Read through the whole thread and it’s really motivated me to get started today - thank you and well done on your achievement!