For those who eat cottage cheese: what's your favorite brand?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Love hearing everyone's different preferences! My personal favorites are Good Culture and Kalona
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Daisy 4%
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Cabot 4%
  • johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    LOL, wait until he finds out there's DHMO in all cottage cheese, too...

DHMO is no laughing matter. Did you know that it has a higher pH than any other acid?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

DHMO is no laughing matter. Did you know that it has a higher pH than any other acid?

I did know that. Did you know it's also used as an industrial solvent and that inhaling it can kill you?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Hiland or Daisy
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2018

Carbon dioxide, DHMO, and sodium bicarbonate....

So many toxins.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I much prefer cottage cheese over greek yogurt, and I'm just curious to hear your favorite brands!

Usually prefer Lucerne. I have found some brands the curds are harder, and others are softer. The dry curd cottage cheese is passable when used in omelets, but I usually add salsa to it, to reduce the dry texture.
  • AT0M1CR00ST3R
    AT0M1CR00ST3R Posts: 17 Member
    Knudsen tastes the best.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    MrLimuzin wrote: »
    I like Daisy (regular, not the low fat).
    Daisy 4%

I like Daisy because it only has four or five ingredients and all of those ingredients are easy to pronounce, so I know it's natural. I've read ingredient lists on other brands that list crap like carbon dioxide and such. What the hell is carbon dioxide doing in cottage cheese??

It's a preservative...not sure what your logic is in considering carbon dioxide as unnatural...(><). What the hell are you doing expiring carbon dioxide? "Scary" chemical names/the "natural" argument just highlights society's general ignorance in chemistry
    glassyo wrote: »
    Daisy 4%

I like Daisy because it only has four or five ingredients and all of those ingredients are easy to pronounce, so I know it's natural. I've read ingredient lists on other brands that list crap like carbon dioxide and such. What the hell is carbon dioxide doing in cottage cheese??

I keep reading this but those reasons don't get any less stu...ill informed.

Sorry guys (not sorry) but I think it's silly that the stuff that comes out the exhaust pipe of my automobile be in my food. Eat natural food, not preservative-laden crap.

Are you maybe mixing up carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide?

Carbon dioxide is what we exhale.

I've not seen either listed on cottage cheese, personally.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Bulla - Onion and chive. Plus I add salt.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Daisy 4%

It's a preservative...not sure what your logic is in considering carbon dioxide as unnatural...(><). What the hell are you doing expiring carbon dioxide? "Scary" chemical names/the "natural" argument just highlights society's general ignorance in chemistry
    glassyo wrote: »
    Daisy 4%

I keep reading this but those reasons don't get any less stu...ill informed.

Sorry guys (not sorry) but I think it's silly that the stuff that comes out the exhaust pipe of my automobile be in my food. Eat natural food, not preservative-laden crap.

Um, that would be carbon monoxide ;) Carbon dioxide is what we breath out, and plants breath in...