Drop It 'Cause We're Hot - Week 3 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    mkaluzny - 100
    sass30 - 100
    spurradic - 100
    zukekitty-100
    Moooseee3 - 100
    seballard09 - 100
    fitwatch-50
    sunniebeehealthy-200
    sass30 - 200
    spurradic - 100
    zukekitty-100
    mkaluzny - 200
    seballard - 200
    themommie-100
    zukekitty-200
    mkaluzny - 100
    sunniebeehealthy-200
    sass30 - 300
    zukekitty-100
    mooseee3 - 200
    mkaluzny - 50
    seballard09 - 100
    mkaluzny - 50
    spurradic - 100
    sass30 - 400

TOTAL - 3550

We are 450 away from our goal...come on team!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Sass thanks for the advice, but if I drink a "boatload of wwater" won't my boat sink. I prefer the floating kind, especially with a handsome skipper. (Sarcasm) We need a shorter way to type this word.
  • RickyBobby07
    Options
    Challenges for week three completed, water intake completed, under calories completed, Go team !!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    sass30- I didn't like sushi when I first tried it. I remember spitting into my napkin it was so gross. I later realized it was the seaweed that was used to wrap the roll I didn't like. What got me starting to like it was eating sashimi, which is just the raw fish by itself. It has to be really fresh though. Salmon is probably the easiest to start with. Dunk it in soy sauce mixed with wasabi. Ahi (tuna) was the second I ever tried and is still my favorite to this day. I will sometimes splurge and get some sashimi grade and have it at home. Also try a roll that does not have seaweed around the outside of it.

mkkaluzny- Instead of using (sarcasm) you can just use a winking smiley. ;)

Been having a good week with the weight. Catching up from my slow beginning. Lost 2 lbs :) I usually don't update my weight numbers until Monday morning, but think I will cheat a bit and enter them today. Another 1/2 inch off the waist and abs too.

I will donate a bunch more crunches. I also need to do something to make up for the woodchops I missed. I've never used the "thighmaster" type machine at the gym. Maybe I will try that.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Are we doing anything with the before pictures? I don't think mine will show much change.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Now only 250 left to go to the finish line!

mkaluzny - 100
    sass30 - 100
    spurradic - 100
    zukekitty-100
    Moooseee3 - 100
    seballard09 - 100
    fitwatch-50
    sunniebeehealthy-200
    sass30 - 200
    spurradic - 100
    zukekitty-100
    mkaluzny - 200
    seballard - 200
    themommie-100
    zukekitty-200
    mkaluzny - 100
    sunniebeehealthy-200
    sass30 - 300
    zukekitty-100
    mooseee3 - 200
    mkaluzny - 50
    seballard09 - 100
    mkaluzny - 50
    spurradic - 100
    sass30 - 400
    zukekitty- 200

TOTAL - 3750
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Thanks for the extra ab crunches - I try to add some tomorrow.
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    mkaluzny - 100
    sass30 - 100
    spurradic - 100
    zukekitty-100
    Moooseee3 - 100
    seballard09 - 100
    fitwatch-50
    sunniebeehealthy-200
    sass30 - 200
    spurradic - 100
    zukekitty-100
    mkaluzny - 200
    seballard - 200
    themommie-100
    zukekitty-200
    mkaluzny - 100
    sunniebeehealthy-200
    sass30 - 300
    zukekitty-100
    mooseee3 - 200
    mkaluzny - 50
    seballard09 - 100
    mkaluzny - 50
    spurradic - 100
    sass30 - 400
    zukekitty - 200
    aybee77 - 250

TOTAL - 4000
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Met all challenges (with a couple of substitutions due to injury), under calories every day, met or exceeded water every day. Looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Met all challenges (with a couple of substitutions due to injury), under calories every day, met or exceeded water every day. Looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Met all exercises, water, and calorie challenges as reported earlier. Tried a new food and exercise and did additional ab crunches for team. NEW WEIGHT as of this morning 123.8. Sara you were right. Lost of water (a lot of water) did help. Thanks
  • sass30
    Options
    Sorry I was so MIA yesterday. I lost my internet and electricity for the majority of yesterday, someone must have took out a power line or something.
    I was able to complete all of my challenges and to my surprise yesterday (and today) I weighed in at 135!!!! Didn't think I would see that this month, or next!

You are all doing so great and this week is showing a lot of losses because you have all been so dedicated!

As far as the before pics, I think Gary had something planned for them but I do not know if he is still doing it. I will see if I can find out.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Congratulation on the surprise weight loss! My metabolism must have finally kicked in because I seem to be dropping almost too fast all of a sudden.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was under calories & over water yesterday & I managed to get in my last two daily exercise challenges today - up downs & woodchops. Oh, and I did my last 100 pledged team crunches today even though we hit the 4000 mark already. I don't see any problems coming in under calories for today or getting in enough water :)

I haven't weighed myself this weekend, but will do that bright & early tomorrow morning :) good job on your losses this week y'all! hopefully I can join in the celebration with you tomorrow :)
  • sass30
    Options
    So I threw some videos in here for you all to reference if you need to.

AUGUST CHALLENGE #4: INSPIRE AND RETIRE!
    Week 4 and FINAL Daily Challenges

Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk

Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axPVRWwTf84

Day 3: 20 Split Squat Jumps, 3 sets of 20 Wood Chops
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MhElJ779AU

Day 4: 40 ZigZag Hops, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmaY_9-1EW4

Day 5: 2 sets of 20 Burpees, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc

Day 6: 20 Mountain Climbers, 3 Sets of 20 Wood Chops, 3 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps
    Rest on Sunday (or day of choice)

Monday 8/29 - Final Days make them count! 200 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 10 burpees, 10 mountain
    climbers, 10 globe jumps, 10 Squat Kicks, 10 ZigZag Hops! These are a little different. IF YOU ARE ABLE
    AND YOU ARE! Do these consecutively. No stopping to rest, don’t break these into sets! I’ve designed
    this so you can see just how far you’ve come. Many of you would never be able to do all of these in one
    setting on August 1st. BUT YOU’VE Found the inner Beast, You’ve Unleashed you ROCKSTAR and you’ve
    become an EXERCISE MACHINE. I’m proud of you and you should be VERY proud of yourself!

Tuesday 8/30- Final Days make them count! Walk, Run, Jog a 5K that is 3.2 miles straight no stopping! As
    fast or as slow as you need to! YOU CAN DO IT I PROMISE! At 447lbs I did it in one hour and 15minutes
    with 3 hills. You can do this I promise! PUSH YOURSELF AND PROVE TO YOURSELF YOU ARE A WARRIOR!
    Wednesday - REST BECAUSE THURSDAY ITS GOING TaaaaaRIBALLLLL!!!!!!!!

Weekly Team Challenge
    4000 team crunches, 4000 Jumping Jacks and 100 extra miles! This equals about 200 per team for
    crunches and jumping jacks for the week along with an extra 5 miles for each team member! The Last
    part of the team weekly challenge is solicit a friend or family member to join MFP and begin the next
    month’s journey with you. Inspire others that’s easy. The retire portion of the week is about looking
    back at the past 30 days. You have had to retire many old habits, many excuses and reasons why not to
    exercise. It’s time to retire those and move forward to the new you! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATIONS! Keep
    it up as we INSPIRE our circle of influence and RETIRE the old ways! Go Inspirations Go!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    my weight was 178.1 this week. Not much but I am surprised I lost any this week with my husband being off work all week and us celebrating all week. I made good choices and got in quite a bit of exercise but I ate out a lot this week. You ladies rock, you are doing great.

CONGRATS to everyone that lost weight and contributed to the ab crunchs.........
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I am assuming the swimmers presses are 2 sets of 25. Sara do you know if that is what Gary meant.
  • sass30
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people! Here is today's challenge:

Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk

I am going to assume that the swimmer's press is 2 sets of 15 as listed in day 4. If you can do more then do more! YOu will only be benefiting yourself.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    swimmer press: 2 sets of 15 sounds very doable.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I am determined to send this challenge out with a bang! I think today's challenges are doable for me (mostly upper body so that's fine). I'm not sure what Windshield Wipers are but I'll take a look, if I can't do Gary posted that we could to crunches instead. :bigsmile: