30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11

Options

Replies

• Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to start as well. I had planned on purchasing the DVD this upcoming weekend after reading so many posts about it. I think it will work perfectly for me because I can always fit in 20 min. to exercised during the day. I am excited!! So you need weights with this right? Better pick some of those up when I pick up the DVD. This is probably available at like Target right?

It's also online on youtube with a playlist so it keeps going and you don't need to continually hit the play button every 10 minutes. All parts are there I believe. At least level 1 for sure though! :)
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to start as well. I had planned on purchasing the DVD this upcoming weekend after reading so many posts about it. I think it will work perfectly for me because I can always fit in 20 min. to exercised during the day. I am excited!! So you need weights with this right? Better pick some of those up when I pick up the DVD. This is probably available at like Target right?

I saw it at our target yesterday for less than $10. I think she recommends 2 - 5 pound weights and a mat if you don't have padded carpet to do the dvd on. I've heard of people using 20oz coke bottles, jars, etc filled with water if you don't want to buy weights.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting 30 Day Shred on Monday, so I would love to be part of the group! I have tried this program before but was not able to finish and took many breaks. I am looking forward to starting over and hoping to complete the entire program this time. I am not sure I can do this for 30 days in a row but I am willing to give it my best shot! :happy:
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hi guys! Well, I am READY to rock this challenge!

It sounds like we are all motivated and ready so I look forward to sharing our ups and downs together and being an inspiration! :)

I was talking to my best friend and my husband about this and they are going to do it with me! I told them to sign up on the forums, but they get nervous for some reason. Just happy to have a community to do this with! :)

P.S. What are your weight loss goals for this 30 days? Do you guys do measurements? I do measurements every 1st of the month, but will do them again on monday so I have a good starting point. I am hoping to lose 10 pounds this month. I. can. Do. It! :)
  • adsandve
    adsandve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo!

I need some accountability too. If I know I have to "report" to someone(s), I'm more likely to do it.

Looking forward to it!
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    Would love to join you guys! I did the Shred back in June and lost 7lbs! Hope to see the same results again. =))
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Count me in! I'm excited. :)
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I'm actually going to start one day early, but I have to take Tuesdays and Thursdays off.
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey

I'm in if that's ok? I completed the Shred earlier this year and loved it. Just need the motivation of a group to keep me going.
    I'll be on nightshift so will do my best to squeeze it in before work :)
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well, I bought it today at Target, I didnt get any workouts in today, so I want to start today if possible?
  • jnrgreene
    jnrgreene Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I will go to walmart tonight or tomorrow to get the dvd! Great idea!:
  • tn92
    tn92 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in!
  • chichio
    chichio Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey, have you guys started? I want to join
  • kkhospice
    kkhospice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you! Have been on a break and need this kick in the rear to get busy again - See you Monday!
  • kiwibandit
    kiwibandit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll do it too! i actually started on August 15th though....
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Whoohoo!

I need some accountability too. If I know I have to "report" to someone(s), I'm more likely to do it.

Looking forward to it!

TOOOOOOOOOTALLY! Accountability makes a huge difference!
    I'm super excited you guys, we will rock this! We are all eager beavers! :) Here's to a great great start on Monday! :) I have done it before, so I already know I will be sore! LOL
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'll join ya! I actually already have the DVD that a friend gave me but I need to go buy some weights. If I can get to the store early enough today I am just going to start today. It is so exciting seeing other people's success from this workout! I can't wait to get started!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Im in! I was going to start 30DS tomorrow anyways but having a group with motivation and support makes its SO much easier!

I saw doing weigh ins and measurements before you start I also strongly suggest a before picture. I have seen some amazing results from the 30 DS!!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I started it last week and did days one and two (level 1, I'm a beginner)...then I needed a rest day (rather, two). I was SOOOO sore in my quads/hammies/adductors/glutes for two days straight. Does everyone go 30 days STRAIGHT through, doing it every day? Or do you take rest days, and if so, how often? I don't think I can handle this 30 days straight...being a novice strength exerciser and all.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I started it last week and did days one and two (level 1, I'm a beginner)...then I needed a rest day (rather, two). I was SOOOO sore in my quads/hammies/adductors/glutes for two days straight. Does everyone go 30 days STRAIGHT through, doing it every day? Or do you take rest days, and if so, how often? I don't think I can handle this 30 days straight...being a novice strength exerciser and all.

The program is designed to be done 30 days in a row. If you are going from no exercise to this, do the modified until the first couple of days. But keep going!! The soreness does ease up. Drinking a protein shake after helps with energy levels and muscle recovery, so does chocolate milk. Its the mix of protein and carbs that helps. In the end, the results are sooo worth it.