Lose 5lbs + in December 2018

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in December•

Nov. 30- 178.2 - A .6 lb gain for November.

Original starting wgt: 253
    December starting weight: 178.8
    December goal: 175

•Monday Updates•📌
    12/1 - 178.8 - carbs
    12/2 - 177.6 - carbs
    📌12/3 - 180.6 - CARBS!
    12/4 - 178.8 - fluid starting to come off
    12/5 - 176.8
    12/6 - 176.2
    12/7 - 176.4 - up slightly
    •Update on my carby snack weight swings😆
    12/8 - 176.4 - sort of an OMAD day on the 7th. Dealing with sore throat. Pretzels and homemade onion dip.
    12/9 - 177.4 - Ate the heck out of some pretzels.
    📌12/10 - 178.8 - Temporary. My pretzel frenzy really wasn't. I only had 2ozs of them, but I do Keto, so there's fluid to reckon with.
    12/11 - 176.6 - Lucky ducky today, because I ate 700 calories worth of gourmet potato chips yesterday. No regrets. They were delicious and I'll take the hit tomorrow if it comes.
    12/12 - 178.4 - Chip eating showed up!😅
    12/13 - 177.2
    12/14: - 175.4
    12/15: 174.6 - I had problems with MFP app and forgot to come back with the update. Hit my goal. Now to surpass it even more. This weight is too close. Lol
    12/16: 176.6 - Fluid retention
    📌12/17 - 174.6
    12/18 - 176.2
    12/19 - 174.4
    12/20 - 174
    12/21 - 175.8 - Hungry, needed more protein. Ate peanut butter during fasting hours.
    12/22 - 175.8
    12/23 - 174.4
    12/24 - 175.4 - Carb weight
    12/25 - 174.8
    12/26 - 175.2 - Lots of delicious carbs yesterday. BUT! I need to hit this number, 173.8, in 5 days for a five pound loss. Skirted just above it a few times this month. I think I can do it, but a fluid gain could be possible on the 30th, a game night party with lots of scrumptious offerings.
    12/27 - 175.2 - No change from yesterday, a good thing. Carbs were lower, under 50g, but I need to get them lower for the big push to 173.
    12/28 - 174 - Out all day yesterday visiting family. Ate nothing but a couple ounces of sunflower seeds and hot tea. Hungry when I returned home (past my eating window) and really struggled to get calories above 1000. I had to choose higher calorie foods and do a lot of adjusting of food amounts.

12/29 - 174.2 - Tiny bit of fluid retention. Another one meal day yesterday. Always unintentional, but it comes to that when I'm out all day. Went over calories trying to get my protein up. Both were low on Thursday.

December 31 😃😑😕❓

You are .4 from your 5 pound for December goal! Woohoo! You have 2 days. You can do it : - )
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    You are .4 from your 5 pound for December goal! Woohoo! You have 2 days. You can do it : - )

@dawnbgethealthy, Oh it would be nice to reach 173.8 tomorrow morning before this party. If not, maybe the end of next week. But you, look at YOU! .7 lb from a 5lb loss! It CAN happen! Rooting for you!

@SamanthaLouiseMence, I'm glad you allowed yourself to enjoy the holiday with your family. But have no regrets, you will get back on track. I love this challenge and I'm happy that you are willing to continue it into 2019. I'll be here!

@deepwoodslady, {{{hugs}}} Donna. Your gain will probably be gone faster than you think.
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Well I’ve well and truly slipped up this past month :o
    I gained 7lbs because I decided not to stress myself out with calorie counting over Xmas
    I don’t regret it because I was able to just enjoy myself, and that’s mostly from alcohol consumption - but also from food too lol
    However I do kinda regret it at the same time, because it just sort of undone some hard work - but I suppose if I’ve lost it once I can lose it again

I was going to wait to get back at it until after my birthday, but something was telling me that would be a bad idea - so I weighed up this morning and I’m glad I did

I’m on best behaviour now lol
    New Years doesn’t appeal to me anymore so I don’t have to worry about drinking my body weight in alcohol - but I am going to listen up on my bday, so I can enjoy it with my son, close family and close friends

It was so worth it though lol

I’m going to get the January 2019 thread up tomorrow for those who would like to continue this into next year

So I hope you all had a magical Christmas and I hope you all have a wonderful new year :) xx

Thank you Samantha for all that you do! You're a real champ! Happy New Year!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    December 1 - 193 - up one pound from yesterday : - ( (186 would have been the reading on the new scale)
    December 2 -193 - glad that I didn't gain, I was pretty over-indulgent over the weekend.
    December 3 -194 - kind of discouraged with the fluctuation. I had a good day, expected a loss.
    December 4 -194 - I really expected to be less this morning. On track to lose.
    December 5 -192 - back to where I was at the end of last month's challenge.
    December 6 -191 - Wow! Lots of days left to get down to that next decade. Seeing the scale move is motivating!
    December 7 -191 - Getting excited to get out of the 90s, hopefully by next week
    December 8 -192 - Dang. Oh well, I will stick with it. I over-ate yesterday and expected this. Very easy to put on, hard to take off.
    December 9 - 192
    December 10 -191- Good. Monday morning. Easier for me to be diligent during the week, so hope to see another drop this week. 2 steps forward 1 step back still equals going forward : - )
    December 11 -193 - Geez do I fluctuate!
    December 12 -191 - Skated yesterday. It seems like no matter what I consume, that I lose weight after I skate.
    December 13 - Skated again, I think that I have messed up my calendar here, because the 191 should have been the 13th.
    December 14 -193. Unbelievable, 2 days of skating and up 2 pounds? Really expected a loss today. I don't measure my inches until the 27th. Glad that I am not weighing once per week, seeing as how this fluctuation is going. I actually like seeing it, I didn't realize that it could be like that. 2 pounds is a lot!
    December 15 -193
    December 16 -193. Funny, I feel lighter but the scale isn't budging. Went out to Zumba class yesterday and really expected to see it on the scale. Maybe tomorrow.
    December 17 -192
    December 18 -192
    December 19 -190.5
    December 20 -190 - I am thinking of getting a digital scale like y'all seem to have. I just have an old school one.
    December 21 -190 - Looks even slightly less than that, but I am on a "regular" scale. I did buy a digital scale yesterday, but after setting it up I stepped on it 5 times and each time it was different so I will return it today and try to get a better one. Skated yesterday - 600 calorie burn, I have been at good input levels all week.
    December 22 -182.2 - New scale. 189.2-ish on my old scale
    December 23 -181.5 - Unbelievable since I had a steak with all of the trimmings, alcohol drinks. Maybe it will catch up with me, maybe it is because of the Zumba yesterday.
    December 24 -184.8 - 3 pound gain?? That is just crazy. Already learning from weighing every day about fluctuations, but this is the biggest so far. I upped my water from 2 glasses per day to 8 yesterday. 184.1 after the bathroom lol.
    December 25 -185.0
    December 26 -183.7 - It is an indulgent week, I have had to up my exercise.
    December 27 -183.9 - I am not trying awfully hard. I am enjoying the holiday foods and drinks.
    December 28 -183.3 - Skating negated those extra calories yesterday : - )
    December 29 -181.7 - Wow, .7 shy of a 5 pound loss for the month. Crazy that I was 3.3 pounds more on Dec 25th 4 days ago. Weighing every day has been an eye opener. I haven't been very "good" this week, so it might catch up with me. I did skate yesterday (which might drain fluid/water).
    December 30 -182.2 - That is a bit deflating. I had such a good day output and input-wise. Again though, I did drink more than my usual 2 glasses of water, and the last time that I did that I gained 3 pounds in one day. Could be still catching up from some of the "bad" days too. No matter what, my new scale automatically "lost" me 7 pounds just over a week ago, which could have taken me 2 months to do by carefully cutting calories and working out. I'll take it : - )
    December 31 -

December loss so far: 3.8lbs
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,810 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady, {{{hugs}}} Donna. Your gain will probably be gone faster than you think.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will get where I am going. Sometimes I get sidetracked, but I never get lost!