The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• cherylhammani70
    cherylhammani70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Cheryl. I'm 48 and with God's strength I will become healthy after 30 years of being unhealthy. If anyone has advice, or wants to add me your welcome too.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was in great shape when I was 39 and then stopped running. I used to run for 1 hour every 3 to 4 days plus strength training. Then I stopped completely and now at age 51 I am 72lbs over weight. I started mfp app 2 weeks ago and have been crushing it. Lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks doing cardio and strength training. I feel like Im coming alive again. Thanks
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome to 2019 mfp friends.
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning M'agers! 2019!!! Make this a great year.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy New Year!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Does anyone have suggestions or feedback about the premium feature that adds calories to use if you excercise?
    I have been logging with this feature on and it allows me to eat more but I don’t know if that’s the most efficient way to lose the weight I’m trying to lose. I’m less than a week in so I’m new to counting calories.

You don't need premium to track your calories. I think it gives you more options for counting macros. I lost like 40lb just using the basic membership, working out, counting calories and I'd rarely eat the calories back. I have this issue with efficiency so to me not eating calories back was the most efficient way to do this haha. I also work out a lot because my hobbies are sports
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Spent the day with my wife and younger daughter taking our dog for a 2.5 mile walk around a beautiful lake. Great weather for a walk. Wish my oldest wasn’t working. I missed her being with the family.
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    43 and focusing on me now!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Time to get back in line for the New Year. Good luck all you M agers
    😎
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    First workout of 2019 in the books! Make your goals a reality peeps.
  • catwithkittens
    catwithkittens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy New year. Just joined community and I.m desperately in need of motivation. Prob not now as I.m already pumped up but in few weeks time when I.m lagging and givin excuses. Joined gym and pool so yep all hyped up. Just need to get outa bed now . Lol. Turned 50 few weeks ago and worked all over Christmas so having day off lie in. Ok that's first excuse, right I.m getting up. Thanks guys accountability already!
  • jhernandez522
    jhernandez522 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    45 in May. Please add me.
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! Trying to get to where many of you seem to be. 😊. I am 46 and really need to change my lifestyle. I have been slowly gaining weight and am not happy. I want to turn this around before I begin to experience health issues from being overweight!
  • lisatryharder
    lisatryharder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 48 have at least 100 lb to lose i walk everywhere but that's just not enough for me eating habits have to change i'm still a little spring chicken at heart at 5ft 1.
  • jennrobb5
    jennrobb5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    49 and still feeling young :) feel free to add me
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 54ish :-) does that allow me in this group? I am back... DAY ONE is almost done here in TN. Drinking my WATER WATER WATER, eating VEGGIES & protein... cutting out the sugar. Logging my choices. Let's get moving in the right direction. 2019 will be great!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Spent the day with my wife and younger daughter taking our dog for a 2.5 mile walk around a beautiful lake. Great weather for a walk. Wish my oldest wasn’t working. I missed her being with the family.

Awesome!! Time well spent.
  • bklynfitguy1
    bklynfitguy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 45 and back at it after a few month break.