edited January 2019
    Options
    January 8th:
    -Get to the gym ๐Ÿ‘
    -Walk 30 mins ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    -Stay in the green ๐Ÿ‘
    -Iron ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    -4 mins of planks ๐Ÿ‘

Today was super off kilter because I spent half the day with a friend when I thought it would only be a couple hours. But still managed to eat well even though we ate out.

January 9th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Stay in the green
    -Walk 30 mins
    -Iron
    -Find new healthy recipes
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I didn't have ice cream cake at lunch for a co-worker's birthday.
    I got up and walked around the office instead of drinking a Pepsi when I was tired at my desk
    I have logged everything for the last three days; even when I went over.

Doing well! Great control ! Well done you x
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    This year is popping like popcorn on here. Can't keep up with the posts, newbies,
    and goals. Wow!!! I LOVE IT! WE ARE OFF AND RUNNING. HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR
    ALL THE LIFE CHANGES AND STRUGGLES.

JFT
    Got my own upcoming life changes... Talked to my daughters to prepare them๐Ÿ˜€
    Stay in the Green ๐Ÿ˜€
    Read at least one chapter/library book ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™Œ ... Read 3
    Confess POSITIVE WORDS ๐Ÿ˜€
    Lower WO ๐Ÿ˜€

JFT Tuesday
    Out by 4:30 a.m. to get husband to work
    Back by 5:15 to exercise for a quick 10 minutes
    Ready by 7:30
    Daughter has appointment need to be done by 1:00 p.m.
    Pick up husband by 3:00 p.m.
    Finish by 7 for prayer service
    Bed by 10

Forgive me Mary, but I thought you were single, sounds like you have lots going on!

No. He and I have been separated for 9 years... I live with my sister who's six years
    older than myself. He cheated on me with another woman. He lives in an
    apartment where this woman comes and sexes him. He and she are an interracial pair.
    He can't make up his mind if he's going to be with her or someone else.
    I haven't been able to work and he doesn't make enough money to spare to
    get divorce papers...it's slightly complicated. Needless to say, here, until papers are
    signed, we're still married. Crazy, but I have no bitterness towards him. No need.
    He just stopped wanting me. Enough of that. Girrrrl my life is one big crazy pile of
    poo... LMBO๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    SO... NO PITY PARTIES HERE LADIES. I helped my mom and the sister I live with through
    their cancer. I've lived through Gangrene in my stomach, struck by lightning on my right side,
    5 car accidents that I didn't cause... I'm FINE! I'm still here to fight, laugh, cry help others
    another day.
    Hot Dang! And that was the short version...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Well youโ€™re one strong and inspiring lady!๐Ÿ˜ƒ xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    @frenchfancy2014 - Frankie is almost 12 1/2 and we got him from the shelter at 6 months. I just got new dry food for him today and he ate some of that, he's also been scarfing wet food like it's going out of style. I swear I don't know if he's just messing with us or what. But I do know he's thinner so he's getting checked out Thursday afternoon to be safe. At this current moment he's sleeping on a fleece blanket that he stole (he will literally paw them down from couches, chairs, etc so he can curl up on them on the floor). :smile: Thank you so much for asking, and I'm glad that there's nothing life threatening with your baby! <3

Sounds a gorgeous poppit your Frankie. They are so cute all curled up so I similarly let mine have run of the house/blankets. It might be worms? My cat - Napoleon ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜บ- was eating for England and losing weight and it was worms... but hope you get him well again soon, whatever it is. Iโ€™m similarly waiting to get Napoleon sorted. Just hope itโ€™s a bout of antibiotics he needs.xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    JFt, Tues
    1. go to the gym :)
    2. log all food :)
    3. work on business taxes :/ Too many other things to do today.
    4. go water walking with my neighbor :) This had me so stressed out today. I went water walking with her last nite ... and she wants to do this every nite! While I had a good time, I am so so busy, and I really did not want to commit to going every nite (especially since I do try and get to the gym in the mornings, and I am still working!). But I did tell my friend I would go tonite. Well... then hubby decided he would ship stuff today, so I knew that I would not have time to do the water walking with her ... so I told her I had way too much going on today, and would not be able to go. She got really upset ... telling me that I am always busy ... too busy for friends, and that I need to make room for friends. She told me I need to stop and smell the roses .. instead of working all the time .. or being so busy. I was SO upset .... Yes, a part of her was so right. My husband and I are in our upper 60s, and yes, we still work. But we work because we are not like my friend ... in that all we have is social security if we did not work. We need to work to supplement our income, as social security alone is not enough to live on. Our business helps with paying for our health insurance, and gives us that extra money ... but I should not have to explain this to anyone. We do not have any pension (like my friend does!). Hubby and I both enjoy the work (even though yes, at times I would love to retire), but we enjoy being busy. And I DO make time for friends ... I belong to a quilt guild, I belong to a garden club, I love to sew, garden, in other words, I keep very busy. This friend is retired ... and no interests at all except for shopping and eating out ... and she does this all the time. Making me feel so bad that I still am working, that many times I am busy (really, its that there are things I would rather be doing than being with this friend). SO I was upset, and just wanted to eat whatever!! Hubby was nice, and hurried really quickly to get the stuff ready to ship by 4pm, so that way I could write to my friend, tell her that yes, I could go. So I went, but I had a long talk with my friend. I AM busy ... and I told her it makes me feel bad when she makes sarcastic remarks about my never seeming to have time for her. We did have a good time, and yes, I was glad I went, but I told her I cannot commit to going every nite, and she needs to understand this. I hope she does, but I know .. she will dig sarcarstic remarks whenever she get the opportunity. But the good news ... is that I spoke what I felt ... instead of eating to push back the feelings.
    6. mindful eating :)
    7. make smart decisions :)
    8. water challenge :) Tonite I need to drink 4 more glasses yet ....

I know I wrote a lot above (sorry for the long rant), but maybe I am learning that I cannot please everyone. that there will be people who love to put you down ... make you feel bad .... but the important thing is not give in and just eat and push the hurt feelings down deep so you don't have to feel them. Hopefully my friend understands how I felt (and if not, well, she may not stay a friend for much longer)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. get to the gym
    3. work on business taxes
    4. finish up on inventory list for taxes .. so hubby can do his part
    5. concentrate on drinking water
    6. concentrate on mindful, slow eating

WORD for this year: Discipline

Good for you! You need to call these so called friends out on their behaviour. None of her business why you work and how uncouth and lacking in emotional intelligence to criticise you for it!!! I find that small mindedness is because actually they envy you having interests and a full life compared to them. Good to shout it out and not sit and nurse the hurt inwardly. If sheโ€™s a true friend sheโ€™ll care and apologise. If not then youโ€™re well shot of someone who is only bringing negativity to your life. You are very giving and compassionate. Donโ€™t let her issues which she clearly has impact you xx
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    JFT
    Watch what eat as away with work for two days. Need to be careful and not overeat.
    Do timesheet
    Do 1 task I keep putting off
    Log food
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had trouble logging my menu plan this morning (never got one of the foods added in)... so ran out of time to post in this thread. I did pretty good, yesterday, but NOT today. aarrgghh.
    Still can't seem to add food to my diary. Oh well.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Excellent day yesterday - had two big NSVs. As well as the one below, I also spent two hours in a meeting yesterday with pastries in front of me and did not take one. Yes, I had already had a pastry for breakfast which probably helped. But I still take that as a big win.

Yesterday's commitments::

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smiley: YES, even though I went to an event and didn't get home to eat dinner till 9.30. I was HUNGRY but despite this said no to the snack trolley.
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :smile:
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: didn't come up
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- Meditate :smile:
    - Finish work at 5.30pm :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot this one
    - Lights out by 11 :neutral: Just after

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

2019 words: Mindful Moderation

Current calorie balance: 285 in green
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JUST PUT ON A TIMER...PUT ON SOME MUSIC YOU LIKE... DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!
    ZUMBA! SALSA!! BOOGIE... LOL
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was awful.
    I just binged and binged then binged some more. I couldn't stop! I dont know what was wrong with me, I'm never normally like that, not to that extent anyway.

so starting even smaller today

just 8 glasses of water.

Right guys, give me your best advice to keep me going, all your tips and tricks because I've ran out of steam and i cant make myself get going again, I need some help!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food. Stay in the green ๐Ÿ‘
    2. Go to gym for either class or weightlifting on my own. ๐Ÿ‘
    3. Drink 150oz water๐Ÿ‘
    4. Only one healthy snack after dinner. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

JFT Wednesday
    Wearing pants to work instead of a skirt. So tight. Another reminder to focus on my goals again.

1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Do workout when I get home
    4. Only 1 healthy snack after dinner
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    JUST PUT ON A TIMER...PUT ON SOME MUSIC YOU LIKE... DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!
    ZUMBA! SALSA!! BOOGIE... LOL

Lol funny you say that because my new year resolution was "learn something new " and I've decided on Shuffling lol!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604. Put cans in bag; take to car. Copy capitalization/infinitive starter. Re-print Prologue.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over weekly learning goals. Grammar review: capitalization, infinitives. Survey. Prologue reading/questions. Add sentence 2 to Handouts folder.
    4. Planning: Call parents of students who did not complete honors project. Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow 35-96. Blog post. Visit B. Revise unit 1 plans for H2. Draft unit 1 plans for R1. Review prior assessments for R1; meet with CC? Print goals.
    5. Class 4: Turn in HW. Weekly learning goals. Add sentence 1 to the back of Handouts folder. Start with story. During survey, review hw and choose grammar practice for after survey.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Do another load of laundry. Put the laundry away. Pack bag for school.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Take shoes.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Matilda to 604. Cans in bag; take to car.
    3. Class 1-2: Touch on WLGs. Grammar practice: Infinitives. Notes: Characterization. Read "Initiation." HW: Quotes; inf phrases. Hand out extension letters.
    4. Planning: A - Update unit 1 plans and print. B - Call parents. C - Two discussion comments. Meet with J in 802. New Jim Crow 49-96. Blog post. Visit B.
    5. Class 4: Touch on WLGs. Grammar practice: Pl nouns 2. Notes: plot structure, highlighting conflict. HW: Quotes; caps I and plural nouns.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Put the rest of the laundry away. Prep cheese. Cook rice. Prep saag portions.
    8. Quiz. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Yaaay! The scale went back down again after THREE FRIGGIN DAYS of gains. I'm hoping it'll continue. Sometimes it seems like it's going back down but then it just goes back up again. I'm crap about logging. :(
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I feel you! There is NEVER enough time for everything I want to do and I often feel so bad about not keeping in touch with friends and family as much as I feel I ought to... and even WANT to, in complete honesty. I'm so sorry your "friend" went off on you like that.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - That's awesome about the half and half! I love the richness of coffee but can't stand how bitter it is.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT 1-8-18

1. Actually log food! ๐Ÿ˜€Only red by a little
    2. Leftovers for dinner ๐Ÿ˜€
    3. Bring lunch ๐Ÿ˜€
    4. Work 815-5 ๐Ÿ˜€
    5. FOLD CLOTHES ๐ŸคฃStill sitting in the bag on the bedroom floor
    6. Finish Defender๐Ÿ˜€A is going to murder me if I don't finish reading this soon. Lol
    7. Actually make dinner!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Heated up leftovers
    8. Do the dishes!!๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
    9. Bed at a decent time!!!๐Ÿ˜‚Closer to 11. Lol

JFT, 1-9-19

1. Log all food
    2. Eat the lunch I brought from home
    3. No snacks at work!
    4. Figure out dinner
    5. Work 815-4
    6. DISHES!!!
    7. FOLD CLOTHES!!!
    8. FINISH DEFENDER!!!
    9. BED BY 1030!!!

Hahaha okay... Let's see how many I can get done. Lol
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday, 1/8/19)
    1. Log all my food :)
    2. Go to the gym :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke :)

JFT (Wednesday, 1/9/19)
    1. Log all my food
    2. Shovel the driveway
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Prenatal and Met :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Eat 3PM snack :)
    5. Cook dinner at home: Chicken Stirfry (Make extra rice for lunches) :)
    6. Put away laundry :)
    7. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip :)
    8. 3 Waters before noon/3 after/2 at home :| I drank NONE at home - but I had extra at work...I just did the math, I typically drink 6 of my 17.5 oz tumbler so thats 102 oz just at work!
    9. 10 minutes meditation :| kind of? Putting my clothes away was meditating for me yesterday
    10. Apply skin medication :)
    11. Bed by 9:30 :)
    12. Pick up a bag of pellets >:) Freezing rain on the way home so just wanted to get home safely

Weds AM
    1. Up by 7:30 (or earlier - maybe I'm sleeping too much?) :) 7!
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil :)
    4. Pack lunches :)

JFT Weds
    1. Met and Prenatal
    2. Log all food
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Eat 3 PM snack
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. 3 waters before noon/3 after/1 at home
    7. Apply skin medication
    8. 10 minute meditation
    9. Bed by 9:30
    10. 15 squats/bathroom trip

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Up by 7
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish Oil
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    UGH! Iโ€™ve been swamped here at work and didnโ€™t get a chance to check in yesterday and set goals for 1/8/19. To recap, Iโ€™m having a really hard time getting back on track. Iโ€™m logging everything but have just been overeating. Not as much as during the holidays b/c I have the structure that my job provides but Iโ€™m still struggling to cut down on my calories. I havenโ€™t started exercising yet either b/c Iโ€™ve been doing things around the house in the early mornings.

As a recap for Monday:

JFT 1/7/19
    _Log, log, log everything I eat: :/ Went over my calories, not much but struggling to eat less.
    -Water, water, water: :/ I managed 2 30oz bottles. I was drinking 3 before my break
    _Read, read, read at least one page of posts: :/ Iโ€™ve skimmed things here and there and so wished I had a laptop at home to catch up b/c itโ€™s hard for me to do so at work and doing it on my cell phone strains my eyes.

Yesterday I logged everything and went way over my calories noticing that I ate beyond the point of being comfortable :'(
    I just had about 40 oz of water. :'(
    Couldnโ€™t get on the thread b/c of all that I had to do. :'(

At least Iโ€™m tracking everything, even if Iโ€™m in the red! :/

Iโ€™ll get back on track at some point and start losing again. Thank you all for being here for me <3