WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Lanette I was thinking the same thing about Barbara always catching the little things. It always makes me feel special.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Beth - I too need to eat out of my freezer. I do not have a huge freezer, but it is stuffed full. I need to take advantage of the time while the hubs is away to clean out what I can little by little, meal by meal. I know there is some really good green chili pork Verde in there. That might be dinner one night this week served over riced cauliflower. Oh shoot, I just remembered that I bought plenty of lettuce at the store to last all week. I’ll have to use the grilled chicken and grilled shrimp that is in there and save the pork Verde for later.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) I love our routine. It's not a rut but freedom from "decision fatigue". Our freezer is full of multiples of our favorites so there is always something to eat. When Jake makes something in the slow cooker, we freeze some of it for a later meal. When he makes marinara sauce, he makes enough to freeze in canning jars for about 20 meals. I eat a lot of frozen vegetables so I don't worry about fresh stuff going bad. I make big batches of oatmeal in the slow cooker and then have some for many bedtime small meals.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    What a good idea to cook oatmeal in the slow cooker and have it on hand. I love steel cut oats and will cook a batch and wrap individual servings. Thanks Barbi.
    Betsy in NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did a Total Body Strength Training DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some Wii balance games.

M – regarding Vince feeling badly and then OK, if it was his gallbladder or a kidney stone, it would have continued to hurt, so it most likely wasn’t them. As for male menopause – I tend to doubt this as it was over so fast, he’s never had other symptoms (except buying the Genesis….lol). Whatever it was, I’m just glad it was over quickly. Update: just remembered that he had his gallbladder removed years ago.

Lisa – what a wonderful thing you did for that lady! Just another reason why I’m proud to call you my friend. How long has your son been with you? I totally understand how you feel

Felicia – looks like so much fun!

Mary – did you hike in those shoes or did you maybe change them for the picture?

Made the filling for the spinach cheese tarts I need to make tomorrow for Rummikub. Hope they’re OK until Tuesday. I need to make the meringue for a pavlova for Rummikub. Made Vince something that I found a recipe for but never heard of – a chocolate magic cake. Wonder if you need to serve it in the pan or not? Guess we shall find out.

Went to Petsmart earlier. Shadow needed food. I’d like to give some to Colby when we take her to him in Feb. If he runs out of food, since this is a prescription, it’s not like he can run to the store and buy some food.

Opened a container of applesauce and it was bad. I think I’ll take it back to Aldi, even if they don’t do anything.

Ordered the stroller/car seat for Denise. I didn’t realize that you could have them put the order aside for you to pay later. Bad thing was that I mistakenly ordered the wrong color. But I called them and in changing the order, I found out they were part of Bed, Bath and Beyond so the girl gave me the 20% off plus she changed the color. I didn’t think it would be much of a problem since I’d just placed the order. It’s not like they had taken it off the shelf or anything. I just didn’t want someone else to order it. Vince thought he was going to the shower (or at least up to DE). I really don’t care if he comes or not.

Got one more of the trees (Christmas) cleaned off and while I was at church Vince put two of them in boxes. Now I just need to vacuum the rug and we can put that away.

Katla – now that I think of it, Vince had his gallbladder removed a while ago! He hasn’t had any heart problems since the ablation. By now they would have found out if there was another bypass that was made. Vince likes the iceburg lettuce, but I give him the romaine and he eats it. Wish he’d like something like red lettuce, but there’s no way I could get that past him.

Lanette – right now Vince isn’t on any heart medication, not since his ablation which was a few years ago

Had church tonight and ushered – again! The other day I met a man in WalMart who said that he’d volunteer but he doesn’t want to do it every week. He didn’t realize that I also lectored. That’s probably because I haven’t been on the schedule for a Saturday in over a year.

Tracey – why can’t the one girl take advantage of the sale price?

I like to eat different foods all the time. You can give Vince the same things every two or three days and he’d be happy. He’s not happy when he has to try something new

How I wish I’d gotten the larger freezer when we purchased a new freezer!

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    My Chibani yogurt had a hole in the bottom! It didn't leak over everything when it was in the bag, but once I lifted it off the other yogurt, I saw the crack! Grrr! I will bring it back with the receipt and get credited!
    💗Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • PurpleSparkles85
    PurpleSparkles85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What a lazy day today was, didn’t do much but study and go to church. Needed it, I guess. I didn’t realize that tonight was the first time we have been out to eat in 10 days, not like us at all. Maybe it was all of the traveling. More home cooking this coming week? More water? Hopefully, I’m getting back into the swing of things. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Kathy in KY
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Machka!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to schedule exercise in early morning. I suppose the good thing is that I walk everywhere too, I walk the dog with DD every morning for about 40 - 45 minutes, walk to the paper shop to get dad his morning papers, walk Leah for 10 - 15 mins at dinner time so she can do her "business". Walk Leah again with DD in the afternoon for about 2 Hours and she gets another 10-15 min walk around 8pm. Goodness knows how heavy I'd be if I didn't do the walking. :o

Heather I was thinking that the meal out at etch. (?) was very expensive, but as you said, you look on it as an experience and it is not something you do regularly, hope you enjoy it.

Well if I want to get exercise planned in this morning, I need to log my food and get on with it o:) I can soon talk myself out of it >:)

Have a good Sunday
    Viv UK <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Katla I sneak the lighter colored halves of romaine into Joe's salad. He only gets iceberg when we have tacos ;)
    Tracey and Lanette thank you both for your kind and tactful "take" on my OCDetailedness ;)
    Beth I've been trying to use at least one thing from either freezer or pantry every day this month. It's starting to help . . I can now open the freezer without hearing Molly yell "oh no, not the closet, Fibber!" or having to dodge the bruising avalanche. ;)
    Michele "buying the Genesis" Which Genesis is that? Luxury sedan, concept truck, autogyro, kit aircraft or ???
    Machka Bravissima! "Gu energy chews" now there's another food I had to Google. For runners, bikers, triathletes, nope not gonna need that! ;)

Put off SWSY again but had a good time at dog group. Three people commented on Tumble's progress. Best was the after-class where leader invited Tumble to join circle sitting next to Ellie another reactive dog and 2 other dogs. All 4 sat (mostly) waiting their turns for leader to give them treats. Other than an initial growl Tumble behaved too! "This is real good stuff" one of the leaders commented and we were all smiles. A far cry from the fear-crazed Tumble of last March. Thanks be!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 12/31, 60 g protein 11/31, rx/vits 11/31, meditate 12/31, knee exercises 12/31, SWSY UP 3/9, SWSY LOW 3/9, core 3/9, play with Tumble 5/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 8/31.
    01/12=LT: Tumble-Y MT:Transfer birthdates, appointments and rx to new calendar-N ST: schedule phone date w/Carolyn-N
    oops, try again tomorrow.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Goal: More than December! In December I did 285.2 km (177.2 miles) = 37 hours 49 minutes. If I could get up to one of my previous Januaries, that would be great, but I did a lot in past Januaries!

Past Januaries:
    Jan-16 … 864.79 km (537.35 miles) = 65 hours 36 min
    Jan-17 … 741.9 km (461.0 miles) = 70 hours 3 min
    Jan-18 … 590.2 km (366.7 miles) = 57 hours 49 min

Tuesday, 1 January 2019 ... 8.3 km walking
    Wednesday, 2 January 2019 ... 40.29 km cycling
    Thursday, 3 January 2019 ... 2.0 km running + 20.6 km cycling
    Friday, 4 January 2019 ... 2.0 km walking
    Saturday, 5 January 2019 ... 14.4 km running
    Sunday, 6 January 2019 ... 2.0 km walking + 16.80 km cycling
    Monday, 7 January 2019 ... 1.3 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Tuesday, 8 January 2019 ... 2.3 km walking + 6 flights of 20 stairs
    Wednesday, 9 January 2019 ... 1.8 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Thursday, 10 January 2019 ... 2.8 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Friday, 11 January 2019 ... 3.1 km walking + 4 flights of 20 stairs
    Saturday, 12 January 2019 ... 0.0 ... Not a Thing!
    Sunday, 13 January 2019 ... 21.3 km running + 2.0 km walking. This was my very first half marathon!!!

2019 Monthly January
    Walking Distance (km): 63.3
    Walking Time (min): 632.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 77.7
    Cycling Time (min): 254.1
    Stairs Climbed Number: 22.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 17.6

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 141.0
    Total Distance (miles): 87.6
    Total Time (min): 904.0
    Total Time (hr): 15:03:57

You can see how my pace goes all ragged after 18 km on todays run ... :) That was when my legs figured they were done.
    ws8y8vl6p14y.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Machka!
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka Bravissima! "Gu energy chews" now there's another food I had to Google. For runners, bikers, triathletes, nope not gonna need that! ;)

Thank you!

And yes, Gu energy chews and the other kind I bought but didn't need to get into, Clif Bloks, are a quick and easy way to get a few calories and some electrolytes for situations when you don't want to be eating food.

I downed a full packet of the Gu Chews which provided me with 160 calories, as well as 80 mg of sodium and 80 mg of potassium.

I've used them before during long bicycle rides and they sit well, which is important. :)

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,118 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Machka: Awesome effort. Not my scene, but I do admire your dedication.

We have an eating routine, but there is flexibility as we have a different roast each Sunday. We cook fresh most days, but often cook double and freeze the portions for days when we are pushed for time. I love to try out new recipes. I haven't changed the kind of food we eat as it's always leaned towards the healthy, but I have drastically reduced portion sizes, and gradually replaced less healthy options with better alternatives. Still have the odd blowout, though. 😂😂😂

I tend to fit my exercise in early, as I am a morning person. Mind you, I often have to walk in the evenings to hit my step goal, especially if I have been at Our Group meetings during the day.

☘️ IRISH TERRI☘️