WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    edited January 2019
    Leslie welcome. Your household sounds rocking with people and cats and dogs. ❤️ And I mean rocking in a really good way. This group is a great help for me as I work toward a healthier me.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Did my writing - mainly about the old TVs. Do you remember 'horizontal hold ' and 'vertical hold'??? :#:#

And I've been for my run. :D BEAUTIFUL day out there. Sunshine, and the sea has a gentle swell.

I've had my snack of avocado and wild boar chorizo. The latter is my downfall and what I binged on the other day. That's the last of it gone. Note to self - do not buy any more. :sad:

Now to make the brownies. After a nice cup of tea.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Off to yoga this morning. Day three of limiting sugar and I am feeling ok
    Leslie- welcome to the group. I live in Granbury.
    kJ- thanks for the info re your cousin and Keto. I am still reading and digesting all the info from Mary.
    Gotta run, actually walk.
    Suebdew in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sharon: I’m pleased at how well you seem to be doing after surgery. I wish you the very best recovery. :flowerforyou:

Meg: I suspect that we got 87 posts in 24 hours because people have made New Year’s Resolutions and they’re trying to get started with a weight loss program. I suspect that some will stay with us and others will go on to something else. I wish them all good luck. :flowerforyou:

ljhendrickson: It looks like you are off to a good start. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Perhaps your DH’s son can get a ride from SEATAC to your home from uber, and get back to SEATAC the same way. I have no idea what that will cost him. :flowerforyou:

Leslie from Boeme TX: Welcome! :star:

Pip: Happy Birthday to Yogi! :bigsmile:

Today is the anniversary of Elvis Presley’s birthday. He was only 42 when he died of a heart attack. There was lots of conjecture about drugs as the culprit, but as I understand it, his problem was poor food choices. He was known to love mashed banana and peanut butter sandwiches. They may have been part of the cause of the intestinal blockage that caused his death. Let us all make better food choices today and every day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2019
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Rebecca what is the red in the jar below your avocado start?
    Vicki only 1 day off every two weeks? :noway:
    Irish Terri "ice dancing" WOW!
    Bianca Sourdough french bread is one of my downfalls, find it makes me ravenous for M O R E. Limit myself to 54g once a week or less.
    Lanette :love: Rosie!
    Felicia wet suit spelunking? You GO gal! But ... wet, cold, dark, confined... not my cup of tea ;}
    Michele the PTs "closed the door" Laughing, tears spurting, choking in recognition and rememberance.
    Tracey 10 years smoke free, Brava!!!
    Machka "you do have to watch where you walk or put your hand" ? Tell me it isn't ssssnakessss???? Thanks for the stepson story, so glad things went well.
    Margaret singing brings down cortisol levels? Thank you VERY much! Will have to give Joe earplugs ... ;)
    NYKaren "...a whole-nother story" true that. The keeper of the forest analogy was so right on.
    Barbie I could have used your "Pause" this morning... Joe was blowing spruce needles off the deck and, wanting to be helpful, brought the blower into the dining room and started blasting away. NO, no, noooo, NOOOO! I shrieked. He's done this before and I find needles crammed into the corners and edges and even in crevices of small kitchen appliances. BUT, really I didn't have to shriek. I could have just touched his shoulder and smilingly shook my head. Aaaauuugggghhh.
    CJ :cry: I hope the person and his/her guide dog weren't injured too. "rather impatient" seems mild to me, my description would have been considerably blue-er. :devil:
    Janet in Eastern MO "me not planning well enough" been there, do that too often. One thing that's helping me is linking veg prep to morning routine... while waiting for water to boil, tea to steep, I'll prep the days' veggies.
    Welcome Diane from Lowell MI
    Evelyn "start going to bed when I am tired." Sound advice that I'll take right now. :sleeping:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 6/31, 60 g protein 5/31, rx/vits 5/31, meditate 6/31, knee exercises 6/31, SWSY UP 2/9, SWSY LOW 2/9, core 2/9, play with Tumble 2/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 4/31.
    01/07=LT: SWSY-N MT: Tumble groom-Y ST: undecorate Christmas Tree-Y
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!

That is just the design on the beer stein. I received it when we moved to the coast. I had a card and it was punched by all the craft breweries in the area. Turned it in at the chamber of commerce and got this beer stein as proof that I like beer! 😀
    💗Rebecca
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Greetings Ladies -

I am back in the swing of things after what seems like forever. My eating has been all over the place since my Birthday month (last September!!). Periods of good, periods of bad. The 2nd anniversary of my brothers death was yesterday so that has had me in a funk. He was only 53 when he died. The good news is I gained a few needed pounds. I look much better with the (few) extra pounds. I even got some boobs back :wink: . The bad news is, along with those few I needed, I kept a few extra. I'm not concerned, I knew what I was doing and decided to just go with it and then reign myself in after the holidays.....which I am doing. It will all work out in the end. If my jeans weren't a little snug, I wouldn't worry about it. But they are, so I will. I am also happier if I am down into the next lower decade on the scale. I think my mind has wrapped itself around the decade I should be in.

The next few days/weeks will be trying. My best friend of 49 year's Mom is dying. I think I may try to get up to see her Thursday when I am off. It is about an 8 hour drive. I'm considering taking funeral clothes with me and just hanging out up there several days. I don't want to be up there and not have clothes if she dies while I am there. When this same friends Dad died, I had gone up to tell him goodbye over the weekend. I got home on Sunday and he died on Tuesday. They postponed the funeral until the following Saturday so I headed back up the following Friday and spent another weekend at home. My Dad was still alive then so I had a ready place to stay and got in lots of good visiting.

Welcome to the new ladies. Hugs to those that need them, prayers for those in need, and Pip's boot for those that need that!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Allie - When we bought our condo we were given a copy of the condo bylaws to review before purchasing so we knew if we were in agreement with them. It had things such as noise limits, pets, renovations etc. Did you not get to see these before purchasing? I realize you have taken the bird feeder down but it seems such a shame with the pleasure it gave you. I hope the Dr. settles soon and your office is less chaotic, it’s always stressful during leadership changes.

Ljhendrickson63 - that’s a great goal not eating out during the week. I also like the not eating in front of the tv, but my husband may balk at that one.

Machka - my heart hurts for you not being able to be at your Grandmother’s service. I have a difficult time whenever someone passes in NB and I can’t attend.

Kylia - it was nice of your nephews employer to send him home. Will they continue paying his wages too? Having a sick child is stressful enough without financial worries too.

Barbie - those small changes were life changing. That is what I need to do too!

Heather - old tv’s, wow you brought back memories! I grew up with a 13” black and white tv. We only had three stations unless my Dad took it upstairs on a Saturday night if the weather was clear. He would put steel wool on the antenna and we could get a couple stations from the States. He would watch Stacy’s Country Jamboree, I don’t remember much about that show except one lady that would sing, Snow White Dove, I’m not sure if that’s the name of the song or not. I just remember one line. She couldn’t sing very well but gave it her all. My Dad would just roar laughing at the tone while at the same time praising her for doing it every week.

I have been on a walk down memory lane this morning. I belong to a fb group that posts pictures and notes about the town I grew up in. Today a discussion was started about my Great Aunt, I answered a couple questions on the family history and then started getting private messages asking more questions. One of my goals last year was to organize all of my family history papers that were my Grandmother’s and I never got it done. Maybe this year, after the wedding.

Yesterday I made a coffee mug for my husband using my new Cricut. I sent a picture of it to a friend and she has asked to buy 2 from me. I will go today to buy some more mugs to try to practice on, I don’t feel they are good enough to sell yet.

Tracey in a bright sunny Edmonton

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    My brownies are looking goooooooood! They have to be because my DDIL mentioned twice during their wedding that they were the reason she married my son! :o:D
    The oven in this house seems to cook more quickly than my old one and I know she likes them very squidgy. I think I've got it right.

Going to have sea bass and broccoli for dinner soon and then share a bit of the cheese platter with our guests tonight. I feel stupidly nervous. A very ambivalent relationship with my old friend and not much of one with her boyfriend.
    It will all be fine.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,783 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    I am back from Kittys and she got her moneys worth out of me today, I have been straightening up closets and putting stuff away... but she is going to take a nap , and I am feeling a bit tires so will take one too..
    then back up around 7 or so tonight to get her ready for bed..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    qljobkh40rf5.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Bianca from S Africa: You seem to have a well thought out plan. WTG! :flowerforyou:

Penny: I live just a bit above the 45th parallel. (45.85 N by 122.82 W). I have recently noticed a very nice shift in the length of our days and quality of our light, rain or shine. Spring is on the way!!!!! I’m not sure how well I would do at a higher latitude. I have a houseful of very bright lights during the winter and wonderful long evenings during the summer. The bright lighting in our home is very helpful during winter months. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip Does Yogi have a booboo on his snout?