WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Rebecca- I thought you were eating a keto diet? I must be thinking of someone else. I was going to share some websites but I don't know who that was.

<3 Mary from Arizona

Mary~ It is me who is doing keto.. im down another lb :)

I knew someone was! I love Keto if you need any information let me know!

<3 Mary from Arizona
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD - I really enjoy your pragmatic approach to things! I've been in touch w my inner chakras, thanks. They kept telling me I was hungry!

I'm now 5 days out from surgery, and on my third day home. My calorie count right now is absurdly low (on purpose!) But my protein is around 80 grams. Before you get all excited, this is from Triple Zero yogurt, premier Protein dhakes, blended broth-based soups like Amy's and chicken or unflavoured protein powder - plus meds stretched out over an hour instead of gulped in one lumpy swallow w coffee. I knew going in that it wasn't the easy way.

I left the hospital at the same weight I entered. Since they didn't remove anything, I didn't expect any change. The surgeon did find more to fix than my umbilical hernia, though. I had a hiatal hernia that required some mesh, and I'll be keeping a close eye on that! And he also found and closed a fairly large diverticulum, which has probably been the cause of occasional digestive disasters over the years.

This morning I weighed in at 224 even. I'm close to my lowest weight since 2012. I'm in almost NO pain - except for when The Giantess stepped on my solar plexus. Ow.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie Bed & mindless TV sounds excellent under the circumstances.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Thanks for your good wishes about Arrow. I had my lesson yesterday on Tucker, my teacher’s horse. He was my lesson horse for a long time and is amazingly well trained. It was a treat to ride him yesterday-he did what I asked, and if I asked for the wrong thing, I got just what I asked for, promptly. Any goofs were mine to own. I hope to get to ride him again once in a while. :star:

Trucker: I’m glad that your windows were not broken and your ornamental plum was not damaged in the wind. :smiley:

DianeHollister: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often for support. :star:

Bonnie: Your generosity as a foster dog care giver is amazing. :star:

Bianca: It is tough in the beginning to stick to your calorie limits, but eventually you will either quit and disappoint yourself, or find things that work for you. When I am hungry and have no available calories, I chomp on celery. It takes more calories for your body to digest than it contains, and you get a full feeling after eating a stalk or two. Herb tea is another way to placate a tummy that is used to more food. I prefer peppermint tea. I also drink coffee and use stevia as my sweetener—no calories and no health risks. Be patient with yourself and log every bite and swallow. Find exercizes that please you. In the long run, you will win. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Bullwinkle was wonderful from the very beginning. Love the puppy pic. :flowerforyou:

Clowe: You have transformed yourself! Great job!!! :star::heart: :star:

Regarding Keto: We have never actually followed someone’s directions for a keto plan but have a high protein-higher fat diet. We seem to thrive on it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Well the first day is done for the new cohort of students but I am beat. I taught from 830-4 with only a 1 hour break. Tonight I am watching the football game and going to bed. Tomorrow we start at 7.

How did we get 87 posts in less than 24 hours? Wow we are a chatty bunch.

It was unusually warm here today; I didn't even wear a coat to work! I wish we would have winter at the appropriate time...last year we had 1 cold week, then spring, then winter in April. It was nuts.

I managed to get some good exercise in and had 10,000 steps before I left work. No wonder I'm tired!
    Bonnie: can you adopt that sweet dog?

Vicki: I agree...believe it or not, that mantra has made a big difference in just 2 days!

Rebecca: is that cricket for real? Astonishing!

OK friends, I'm out. Take care Meg from Omaha where we don't know what season it is!
  • cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Laura--Yay, another Texan! I'm in Lewisville, and there are a couple others on here. I'm 53, obese, and had the trifecta of terror. My diabetes is borderline now, and I'm determined to knock it down so I don't need medication. I've lost 71 lbs since August, and I'm still obese. I'm not going to stay that way. Congratulations on taking charge of your life. I finally realized this has to be a new way of life--not a diet. I will always have to be vigilant about what I eat and how I'm taking care of myself. Your holiday celebration sounds like a lot of fun.

Michelle in NC--You might be a bit out of touch, but it sounds like mama might be a little out of touch as well. All those gadgets are nice, but by the second baby you realize they're just toys, and not as useful as you think. A tub with a built in thermometer is a far cry from washing the little diaper model in the sink--but that's what I did. I'd recommend reading reviews on those things, to make sure they're everything they claim.

NYKaren--It's nice what you're doing for your neighbor; we should all be so lucky as to have someone who will look out for us when we're in need. You might look into the requirements for you to drive her car. It might not be time to retire her license, but until she's in better health she shouldn't drive.

I'm still not caught up, but I'm going to have to come back later and finish.

Cari in N. Texas
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @lhscapil, Lanette, he's 23 pounds. Both of the Schnauzers we had were about his size, but her's is around 9 pounds. She said Ollie came in their house as an alpha and I think they just didn't think it would work out. We have definitely thought about it keeping him and this may be the sign from God that he's really for our home. We'll see. He came in an just made himself at home. It's nice having him back. We live in Nashville, TN.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cathy for the information. You look wonderful and having met you, I know you are wonderful. I am still gathering information. Do you know from all your research what ketosis does to the kidney? I am concerned because I only have one kidney.
    SueBDew in TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mary for all the information. I am working my way through it.
    Suebdew in TX
  • ljhendrickson63
    ljhendrickson63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goals for January are simple, but I'm trying to be smart this year and take steps instead of all or nothing.

Here they are: Dinner at home (no eating out during the week); No eating in front of the TV; At least 30 minutes of intentional exercise each day.

Today was day one and check, check, check!!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka[/b] - I'm so glad your DH's reunion with his son went well. My DH also has a son from a teen-age relationship that he lost contact with for decades. I've never met him, DH never talked about him until they found each other several years ago via Facebook. The "kid" (now 55) wants to come see his dad and I'm stressing a little since he lives on the east coast, has never flown, doesn't drive - or hadn't last I knew (maybe DUI? I didn't ask). Closest airport is 100 miles from us, neither DH or I drive long distances anymore especially in heavy traffic and DH refuses to leave the house except for medical appointments and even then, he gets very anxious and confused when driving in new places. And DH's health problems make him super tired, he wears out very quickly, sleeps 16 to 18 hours a day, craves peace and quiet. We no longer have a guest room so I'd end up bunking on the edge of the uncomfortable bed he sleeps in. When DH talked to him via phone over Christmas and said he wanted to come out, I reminded him that visitors here for more than a day or two are extremely hard on both of us, and he agreed. So we'll see what comes of it.

If it's meant to be, it will work out and I need to park my control-freak tendencies outside.

I think it would be great for them to spend a few hours getting reacquainted. I've suggested to DH that he might be able to Skype but not sure if his son has that capability at his end. And there's something about touching and standing next to a person you've wondered about! Anyhow, I'm really starting to wonder what's up with the teleporter because he could use it now, lol. B)

My husband was married before, for 10 or 12 years, and had a couple kids ... but stuff happens and the family all drifted apart. His kids are now in their early 30s, and I am hoping we can at least become acquaintances. :)

Because of my husband's situation, we have not had anyone stay with us, and don't have any plans to do that. Like yours, my husband needs his rest and quiet times (and actually ... so do I!). We had dinner with his son and fiance for about 3 hours, and by the end of that, my husband was utterly exhausted. He was good during dinner and I was impressed the way he held up his end of the conversation, but he broke down after. I think having someone stay even for 1 night would be too much for us.

Plus we've got room issues too.

I could use that teleporter to get back to Canada for my grandmother's service!!

Machka in Oz

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    trisH_7183 wrote: »
    Anyone having MFP problems today? I had to use a diff sign in,now it won’t find any food,so can’t keep track. Grrrr
    Sometimes wonder if it’s MFPs way of a clearance?

Are you using mfp from a cell phone? I find I have to restart my phone. When it acts up.

No,I use I Pad,but have been forced to change names,passwords etc. My years long record went to cyber where ever,so gave up on caring what MFP does.Tracking is all that matters now. Pat in Oh

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :o Still sick. Doctor prescribed an antibiotic that I started this morning. I walked dogs then taught my line dance class then napped for a few hours. Still tired.

BARB,my DH finally saw the Dr today. His diagnosis was bronchitis & is taking antibiotic too. His main complaint besides deep coughing is tiredness. Our Grand daughter ( in another state) also has it & says the tirdness is so heavy,hard to describe. Hope your med helps. Pat in Oh
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.38min, 12.4amph, 142mhr, 1.5mi= 85c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 30min, 122ahr, 132mhr, 2242steps, 141floors, lvl8= 306c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.12min, 142mhr, 16.9amph, 1.4mi= 73c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.33min, 12.5amph, 151mhr, 3mi= 153c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.59min, 9.49min mi, 146mhr, .5mi= 68c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 5min, 150mhr, 9.42min mi, .4mi= 65c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.18min, 8.5amph, 153mhr, 2.5mi= 184c

total cal 934
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Anyone having MFP problems today? I had to use a diff sign in,now it won’t find any food,so can’t keep track. Grrrr
    Sometimes wonder if it’s MFPs way of a clearance?

Are you using mfp from a cell phone? I find I have to restart my phone. When it acts up.

No,I use I Pad,but have been forced to change names,passwords etc. My years long record went to cyber where ever,so gave up on caring what MFP does.Tracking is all that matters now. Pat in Oh

Oh Im sorry 🤗 I know how frustrating that can be. But it is what it is. And your attitude is spot on. 😄 I have ti watch my stress levels and just let go.....🌷🐞
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    Early morning but wanted to say, I have hit my water, and calories for over a week. I also have hit my step goal every day, but yesterday. Was trying to get new phone all set up.

Update on Aubrey- her lungs are very ill but the doctors are liking what they are seeing in the xrays and are SLOWLY weaning her off the vent and some of the other meds. When her Dad went to work today, they sent him to stay with his wife until his daughter is stable!!!! They are both staying at the Ronald McDonald house to be near Aubrey. They shared pictures tonight of Aubrey's room. I have never seen that many machines in such a small space. Prayers are continuing while she heals.

Welcome to new ladies!
    Hugs for all!

You ladies are so inspirational and supportive! I love the differences, the discussions, and the sharing!

<3
    Kylia
    Sleepy in Ohio

All I can do for you is pray. Healing and restoration. And peace. 🕊🦋💙