JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo.
    3. Quiz. Contact B. Check in with parents.
    4. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Groceries? Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Monday - get PF 3 to mark classwork.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH THE ESSAY. Draft discussion post 2. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. Take recycling? Wash car?? Visit parents??? Walk to 10k.
    5. Prep saag. Email lesson plans. Draft parent contact master sheet
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for tomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

WFTY: Climbing. Saturday classes at the Y are always really hard, but I made myself go. I'm trying to think about what I'm going to do when I no longer qualify for the student rate. Everything is so freakin' expensive. :(

@Faebert - *hugs* I hope things smooth out. Keep your hands washed while you're taking care of the sickie! :)
    @maryrobinson40 - Congrats on seeing progress! Doesn't that feel awesome?
    @Snowflake1968 - WTG on the sales! I hope they come through for you. Will you show us the invitation design she picks?
    @newdaydawning79 - Determination sounds great!
    @toaljasa - I love your words-together paragraph! Lemme see...

u73a4sn2felx.png
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I finally did it!!!! I got off my backside and did some exercise 👏👏🤣🤣🤗🤗 i did my exercise dvd and I know I will ACHE tomorrow but I finally started PHEW!

woohoo nice one!
    I need to do the same, my yoga mat and weights are still in the wrapping LOL
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I had a discover moment yesterday in line with my word of the year.

it has been long standing knowledge that I cannot cook pork. I'm awful at it!
    I always over do it and it's always dry and chewy?! my partner never eats it when I make it and dreads it when j say theres pork for dinner.

anyway I went online for a recipe. i can never normally find something simple yet tasty and this time i did on the first page! Pork medallions in a mushroom sauce!
    it was so tasty and my partner cleared the plate!
    so I disco ered a new recipe and everyone loved it!
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So my first full week is over. I lost 10 pounds, on friday I had my first business trip and stayed over in Milan to sleep. Lunch and dinner were cheat ones, didn't manage to keep straight ( yes on breaksfast and snacks ), but I cut down the alcohol to 1 glass of wine in lunch and 2 at dinner. Also managed to skip dessert ( in both meals!! ) which I couldn't almost believe. Basically I ate pasta at lunch and for dinner meat and some cheese / chips.

My own evaluation of this week is that again travelling sabotages my plans, but I need to deal with it. Tuesday to Paris so another test!!

This morning went back to my indoor cycling peloton and feel much better now and eating clean yesterday and today.

One day at a time.

Big hug to everyone today!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Maryrobinson40 - “unhinged” a great word to use to describe getting away from bread and carbs. I picture an old door in a broken down old farmhouse and that last hinge just won’t let go so the door is hanging there all off kilter. This is how I feel with carbs too. I love them! I also don’t know how/what to cook in it’s place. I am a meat- potato- veggie girl. This is what I like, enjoy and crave. My all time favourite meal is a roast beef dinner, heave on the potatoes. It used to be Kraft Dinner but I matured in my 40’s. 😂
    I have been trying to get a salad in at least a couple times a week and I am baking smaller potatoes, but it is a battle for me.

Namelesshere - a few hundred calories over when travelling is pretty good. Some days I count it a success when I end my diary for the day and it’s going to just be less than today in 5 weeks. I know that isn’t very accurate though after actually tracking it most of 2018.

Newdaydawning - cleaning is a never ending task isn’t it? I just watched the Netflix series called Tidying Up. I don’t have a huge problem with stuff, but she had some good ideas on some things. I watched it in support of my daughter who has embraced it and really needs it.

Faebert - I hope the ex dies what he needs to do to get this off your plate.
    BF and the flu, I have been reading news reports here about how this is the deadliest flu season since 2009/2010. 6 toddlers have passed from it, 4 of them in the neighbouring province. It is a strain of H1N1, It’s scary. I was given a new book for Christmas by Nora Roberts that is about how the works is wiped out due to a flu strain H1N5... I am having weird dreams lol

Frenchfancy2014 - Good for you! I found when I finally start it it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

Clicketykeys - food is expensive, gym memberships and fitness clubs/groups are expensive and obesity is a problem for a lot of people. Yet, people are blamed for being lazy. Vicious cycle. I will for sure share the invitations when we get them designed. She is very fussy and particular, I am hoping it is fun and not stressful.

Bex953172 - good job! My husband doesn’t like when I make pork either. I get so tired of just beef and chicken though.

Last chance to change - I used to travel for work a lot and can understand your dilemma. Good for you for getting right back at it when you arrived home and making small changes while away!
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1/13 Day 6 almost a full week. will try to be faithful logging and measuring everything. It is the only way.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - SaturdayJanuary 12th
    2L of water. - 😕 1.5 - started too late in day to get caught up
    Calories in Green - 🙂 100+ I had about 289 left so had a 2nd evening snack
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 3 Miles
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂 see above, but had calories for it
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈
    Write in Journal 😕 this completely slipped my kind
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Sunday January 13th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

I have a little confession to make. Kaitlyn is coming today to design her invitations, I have been asking her to do this since before Christmas when she had a break from school. She also has a part time job, keeps a very well run house, has a fiancé that works out of town and lots of friends that she will do anything for. It’s not unusual for her to sit at doctors appointments with them, talk to them for hours when they are struggling with something, go take them a coffee if they need a cheering up. I am so so proud of her! However, I am feeling a bit jealous that she has decided to take part of today out of our time together to go see a movie with her Father and Nephew. I thibk it’s great they are doing it. I even bought them tickets for it for Christmas, it’s just why do it on our day. I know that it is petty and selfish of me to think that way but there it is. I even dreamed last night that I needed help and time and no one was there for me, so it’s obviously bothering me more than it should. Maybe getting it out there in the universe will make it be released or something.

The lady that was buying 60 worth of stuff yesterday, didn’t show. She asked me to hold everything until next weekend. I told her not unless she sent the money. I have been burned too many times by holding things and then losing the sale altogether. Another couple ladies picked up 35 worth of stuff and another one is supposed to come today for 10. It’s not a lot but it’s something.

Ok I should get off here and do something. I just got up and hubby went back for a nap. I think I’ll have a coffee and design some birthday decorations for my granddaughters party.

Have a great day everyone
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Maryrobinson40 - “unhinged” a great word to use to describe getting away from bread and carbs. I picture an old door in a broken down old farmhouse and that last hinge just won’t let go so the door is hanging there all off kilter. This is how I feel with carbs too. I love them! I also don’t know how/what to cook in it’s place. I am a meat- potato- veggie girl. This is what I like, enjoy and crave. My all time favourite meal is a roast beef dinner, heave on the potatoes. It used to be Kraft Dinner but I matured in my 40’s. 😂
    I have been trying to get a salad in at least a couple times a week and I am baking smaller potatoes, but it is a battle for me.

Namelesshere - a few hundred calories over when travelling is pretty good. Some days I count it a success when I end my diary for the day and it’s going to just be less than today in 5 weeks. I know that isn’t very accurate though after actually tracking it most of 2018.

Newdaydawning - cleaning is a never ending task isn’t it? I just watched the Netflix series called Tidying Up. I don’t have a huge problem with stuff, but she had some good ideas on some things. I watched it in support of my daughter who has embraced it and really needs it.

Faebert - I hope the ex dies what he needs to do to get this off your plate.
    BF and the flu, I have been reading news reports here about how this is the deadliest flu season since 2009/2010. 6 toddlers have passed from it, 4 of them in the neighbouring province. It is a strain of H1N1, It’s scary. I was given a new book for Christmas by Nora Roberts that is about how the works is wiped out due to a flu strain H1N5... I am having weird dreams lol

Frenchfancy2014 - Good for you! I found when I finally start it it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

Clicketykeys - food is expensive, gym memberships and fitness clubs/groups are expensive and obesity is a problem for a lot of people. Yet, people are blamed for being lazy. Vicious cycle. I will for sure share the invitations when we get them designed. She is very fussy and particular, I am hoping it is fun and not stressful.

Bex953172 - good job! My husband doesn’t like when I make pork either. I get so tired of just beef and chicken though.

Last chance to change - I used to travel for work a lot and can understand your dilemma. Good for you for getting right back at it when you arrived home and making small changes while away!

I'm with you. I'm Mr Carb man. My usual routine until this week is breakfast a sandwich with olive oil, tomato and quite some parma ham ( which has a lot of fat ). My lunches in weekends would be bbq home made and of course potatoes, chips. And dinners pizza, sandwich or any other quick fix ( quick and unhealthy I mean ).

So following that willpower book I read I'm simplifying my decisions. Always the same breakfast, bought some organic bio toasts that have only 11 cal per toast, so have 4 of those and turkey ham which is fat free. Then lunch and dinner are salad, veggies and proteins with spices and olive oil.

Day by Day!!! And like someone said never 2 bad meals in a row.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT - SaturdayJanuary 12th
    2L of water. - 😕 1.5 - started too late in day to get caught up
    Calories in Green - 🙂 100+ I had about 289 left so had a 2nd evening snack
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 3 Miles
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂 see above, but had calories for it
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈
    Write in Journal 😕 this completely slipped my kind
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Sunday January 13th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

I have a little confession to make. Kaitlyn is coming today to design her invitations, I have been asking her to do this since before Christmas when she had a break from school. She also has a part time job, keeps a very well run house, has a fiancé that works out of town and lots of friends that she will do anything for. It’s not unusual for her to sit at doctors appointments with them, talk to them for hours when they are struggling with something, go take them a coffee if they need a cheering up. I am so so proud of her! However, I am feeling a bit jealous that she has decided to take part of today out of our time together to go see a movie with her Father and Nephew. I thibk it’s great they are doing it. I even bought them tickets for it for Christmas, it’s just why do it on our day. I know that it is petty and selfish of me to think that way but there it is. I even dreamed last night that I needed help and time and no one was there for me, so it’s obviously bothering me more than it should. Maybe getting it out there in the universe will make it be released or something.

The lady that was buying 60 worth of stuff yesterday, didn’t show. She asked me to hold everything until next weekend. I told her not unless she sent the money. I have been burned too many times by holding things and then losing the sale altogether. Another couple ladies picked up 35 worth of stuff and another one is supposed to come today for 10. It’s not a lot but it’s something.

Ok I should get off here and do something. I just got up and hubby went back for a nap. I think I’ll have a coffee and design some birthday decorations for my granddaughters party.

Have a great day everyone

I dont think its petty and selfish, I mean I get it, you're proud your daughter does so much for others and that really is something to be proud of, yet that doesn't seem to be including you! so I do get where you're coming from with that! I can see why it would be playing on your mind!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Thank you for that @Bex953172 I appreciate your younger woman’s perspective.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I finally made something for my bathroom to remind me to do 5 somethings. It will sit on a little easel in the counter. j0qoyws10apb.jpeg
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy Me! I am getting unhinged from my bread/carb hang up!! I'm saying NO a lot
    more to the things that are not good for me. I even notice a taste bud change... I'm
    very sensitive to salt now. What used to be the norm, literally makes me physically I'll.
    I am spitting out foods that my body is saying no to which means I am making progress in my health.

JFT SUNDAY
    EARLY RISE AND EXERCISE
    SHOWER AND DRESS
    PAMPER AND DESTRESS
    MEDS WITH WATER PUSH FOR TWO
    QUICK 10 FOR THE AFTERNOON
    MUNCH MY LUNCH
    THINK AND WATER DRINK
    FOOTBALL AND ALL UNTIL NIGHTFALL
    READ AND RELAX AFTER THAT.
    GOOD NIGHT

Woo-Hoo for you! Saying no-no to Carbo and choosing cuisine that makes your heart sing and your tasters going from bland to grand. Keep going and showing your great might and continue to be a light to all you know and everywhere you go! Hip Hip Hooray!
    6em7u73ay43g.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT 1/12

Peace and joy!
    There's sunshine where you are?!

Yep! It's cold (33F but sunny!)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday

@toaljasa - I love your words-together paragraph! Lemme see...

u73a4sn2felx.png

Hey, that looks wonderful and the color is optimistic and positive. Thank you!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    [quote="
    [/quote]

Good work and a super reminder and motivator. I bet the hubs enjoys watching you use his gift :)

Peace and joy!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy Me! I am getting unhinged from my bread/carb hang up!! I'm saying NO a lot
    more to the things that are not good for me. I even notice a taste bud change... I'm
    very sensitive to salt now. What used to be the norm, literally makes me physically I'll.
    I am spitting out foods that my body is saying no to which means I am making progress in my health.

JFT SUNDAY
    EARLY RISE AND EXERCISEEXERCISE🙌😁
    SHOWER AND DRESS😁🙌
    PAMPER AND DESTRESS😀
    MEDS WITH WATER PUSH FOR TWO 😀
    QUICK 10 FOR THE AFTERNOON 😀
    MUNCH MY LUNCH 😑 ..... Rice...didn't have anything else available. 😀 didn't eat meat
    THINK AND WATER DRINK😀 getting it done. Took vitamins and extra vitamin C
    FOOTBALL AND ALL UNTIL NIGHTFALL 😁
    GOOD NIGHT

• toaljasa
    Options
    JFT Our Personal Word for 2019

@newdaydawning79 Determination. This word will move you right along your journey!
    Determination: a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult.

@HEGoddard0928 Discipline That's the most popular word so far...three of us have chosen it
    Discipline: restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires.

@ZizzyBumble Methodical Great word---takes some focus and planning!
    Methodical: done according to a systematic or established form of procedure. I think this word calls for
    some synonyms! Well thought out; planned; disciplined

@clicketykeys Climbing! Julie Andrews burst out in song in my head! "Climb every mountain...!"
    Climbing Moving to a higher position; to go upward with gradual or continuous progress

@Faebert Balance. Ahhh...this is something so many of us continue to strive for. And when we reach it we have so much peace around us.
    Balance: a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions. (love "correct proportions")

@Bex953172 Discovery! That word demands an exclamation mark!
    Discovery Finding something unexpectedly during a search; the act of becoming aware of something

@AJB1014 Driven I like the words found in the definition...relentlessly compelled.
    Driven relentlessly compelled by the need to accomplish a goal; very hard-working and ambitious.

@mytime6630 My Word for the Year is also DISCIPLINE! I thought it was perseverance but discipline kept demanding to be heard and I finally just gave in and said, Okay, Okay! Have your way!
    Discipline: restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires.

@PackerFanInGB Tenacious conjures up all kinds of word pictures. Steely eyes, bared teeth, almost snarling, lol!
    Tenacity: persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired

@slittlemeister A two-fer for you this year! Mindful and Moderation These are very strong words and are very active words.
    Mindful Aware. (In other words, "taking every bite captive!"
    Moderation in a way that is reasonable and not excessive

@snowflake1968 Your word for 2019 is Determined. That is extremely powerful.
    Determine Firmly resolved (love the part "firmly")
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

JFT SUNDAY
    EARLY RISE AND EXERCISE
    SHOWER AND DRESS
    PAMPER AND DESTRESS
    MEDS WITH WATER PUSH FOR TWO
    QUICK 10 FOR THE AFTERNOON
    MUNCH MY LUNCH
    THINK AND WATER DRINK
    FOOTBALL AND ALL UNTIL NIGHTFALL
    GOOD NIGHT

Woo-Hoo for you! Saying no-no to Carbo and choosing cuisine that makes your heart sing and your tasters going from bland to grand. Keep going and showing your great might and continue to be a light to all you know and everywhere you go! Hip Hip Hooray!
    6em7u73ay43g.png

I'm excited for you as well. One day at a time, one moment at a time. I'm striving to
    get this right. I make do according to my living situation and what's made available
    for me to eat.
    Like today.. It was eat rice or be hungry. I'm ok since I don't eat rice all the time.
    I will use more time working out to help what I HAD to eat to not be a hindrance to my progress.
    Thanks for your encouragement Sis🌹💕
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Sunday 13 January

January water challenge >:) Will try to do better next week!
    Accurately log food :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Update spreadsheet >:)
    Tasks: record income/expenditure, >:) book train ticket :) , renew membership >:) & pay for next Sunday's event :)

A nice day, enjoyed an impromptu lunch of pizza (light dinner to stay in the green) and bought new jeans that fit better (look less like an rhino's wrinkly backside!). Hope you had a good day.