JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    pam46815 wrote: »
    How do I post a reply on someone's post?

You can click on the Quote function, and post your comments below, just like I did here. An alternative: type @cschmitz110515 [user name of the person you want to comment to, using myself as an example ~ NO space between symbol and name] then type your post.

For newbies, you can edit your post for up to one hour. Just hover over the upper right corner for the Options wheel and when it pops up, click. Your post will then be available for editing.

Hope this helps.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    @pam46815 There's a "quote" a the bottom of each post. Click on that from the post you want to reply to and it will go into your reply.

JFT
    Downed the water early. Going to try to make it x2 after work at home.
    Logging so far!! :D
    Swam today even though thought about passing laying in bed this am :)
    Passed on a granola bar earlier (they give me headaches but I used to binge on them anyway, told myself don't need it, not the calories or the wheat pesticide) o:)

@bex Sounds like you need a reset. a day of peace, calm, fun, a break from all the stress of your life. The weather is probably crappy there but any way to park the kids somewhere/with someone or even in the buggy and walk it off? Or partner handles them and lock yourself in the tub for a couple hours with a glass n bubbles? Or? Exercise helps to clear the headaches out of my mind.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning, y'all! I hope you're having a good start to your day.

Day Two on MFP:
    1) still not smoking (day 8)
    2) worked out this morning on the elliptical
    3) had a healthy breakfast
    4) on track to lose that 20 by May

Well done on the giving up smoking. Why not reframe "cut out unhealthy bedtime snack" to "choose healthy bedtime snack" or similar. Putting a positive spin on it may feel less like you are depriving yourself?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    How do I post a reply on someone's post?

You just hit the "quote" word at the bottom of their post, and then you can type in your response.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    karabobera wrote: »
    Went over my calorie goal yesterday because my brother offered me a snack, haha.... and I didn't run long, but I forced myself on the eliptical which was a big part of my goal! Also took the stairs (5 flights) three times and went on a short walk. Ate waaaay too much sugar, though. Baby steps, I guess :P

Let's goooooo! :D

Baby steps is how we get there! Great job!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Yesterday was awful.
    I just binged and binged then binged some more. I couldn't stop! I dont know what was wrong with me, I'm never normally like that, not to that extent anyway.

so starting even smaller today

just 8 glasses of water.

Right guys, give me your best advice to keep me going, all your tips and tricks because I've ran out of steam and i cant make myself get going again, I need some help!

Ah Bex .... just now seeing this!!! I hope you are doing better???? You have had a lot going on in your life this past few weeks ... I am not surprised at all that you gave in and binged. Maybe all those emotions that you were pushing back so you could be strong for everyone else came out ... and old habits came back. But tomorrow is gone ... and it is a new day. But ... be sure to take good care of yourself. You know ... lots of protein, lots of rest, lots of water. Hang in there ... you are doing great.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    4. Resist buying popcorn at the movies tonight. I love movie theater popcorn!

Resisting popcorn is always hard ... but I found that if I just get a diet coke I do OK ... as long as I eat before I go :) But ... enjoy the movies!
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    dbltj4fexhbj.png

Welp, it's day 9 of the rest of your life! How y'all doin? This is such a great place to be motivated. I'm grateful to belong to a group of gals who share the victories as well as take time to encourage others to keep going, not give up and to get back on track with a kick in the tushy when needed!

But for all that motivation, it still comes down to me, myself, and I. No one can lose my weight except me. No one can get on that treadmill and burn calories, except me. No one can stay away from the chocolate for me, except me. I have to be the one who chooses to not allow feelings to control me. It's on me. I have to CHOOSE to do it, in order to be successful.

So, while motivation is a great tool, in the end, I must have self-discipline. Motivation is generally an outward source. And its aim is to get you emotionally riled up to do what you need to do. Even when I am self-motivated, I am talking myself into doing what is right.

But self-discipline comes from within. It is what is going to get us out of bed in the morning to exercise. It is going to be what will make us close the pantry door at 8:30pm. It has to be practiced and honed and executed over and over...even when motivation is nowhere to be found. And then results come: that thinner waist, tidier home, firmer arms, bigger savings account!

And THAT is what has been rolling around in my head today!
    Peace and joy!
    bpx3uguvx07x.png

I really needed to hear this today .... since "Discipline" is also my word for the year ... something I do not have today! I bought some chocolate covered almonds at the store last nite ... and got into them. Wow --- 11 little pieces are 250 calories! And I think I had 3x that!! But, I will use my "discipline" for the rest of today and try and eat very lightly for dinner, and hope to salvage the day.

And THank you for being such a great motivator to all of us!
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    January 9 Day 2. Ended Day one with 40 Cal short of allotted. Not a big deal. Yesterday I also took the time to delete all of my frequent foods from previous attempts here. Today, I took some more time to carefully plan what I was going to eat and pre log. I have 84 calories left for a bedtime snack. Changing habits can be difficult.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    iqln7qsjnkn5.jpg

And we will stumble. We will have bad days. We will eat what we know we should not do. But remember ..... it is a lifestyle change .... one day at a time.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Yesterday was awful.
    I just binged and binged then binged some more. I couldn't stop! I dont know what was wrong with me, I'm never normally like that, not to that extent anyway.

so starting even smaller today

just 8 glasses of water.

Right guys, give me your best advice to keep me going, all your tips and tricks because I've ran out of steam and i cant make myself get going again, I need some help!

Bex, you are dealing with a lot at the moment. Be kind to yourself; the water is a good goal on its own - not to mention the fact that it will help fill you up and keep you active running for the bathroom! Maybe think about having other low cal foods such as fruit and veg prepared for snacking on?
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Evening All. Hope Everyone had a productive day.

JFT
    WALK ... 😁
    BREAKFAST ...😁. Was taken out to breakfast. Chose GF Juice instead of soda
    Chose lean meat...said NO to bread, dessert, and coffee
    WATER.... 😑 DIDN'T DO WELL ON THAT TODAY
    EXERCISE ... 😀
    READ A CHAPTER ...😑
    LUNCH ... FAST .... 😁🙌
    READ ...
    DINNER ... GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD ... 😁
    BED BY 10

having to modify workout, but I refuse to stop my progress and movement.
    So, have decided to do 10 minute increments throughout each day instead of
    overexerting my knees and making bad things worse.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I have vivid dreams on a pretty regular basis, but that one was a bit intense, even for me XD do we get to see pix of the quilt??

Loving the idea of the word-for-the-year. I want something that includes an appreciation for what I already have, but avoids complacency and instead uses that gratitude to push toward further progress. So ... maybe CLIMBING? Because in order to climb safely and continue going higher, you have to have a strong foundation and have made good choices in getting to where you are at this point.

I'm going to send it to Bex when it is finished. She's made me promise not to post a pic on here because she wants to be surprised. I feel like it has been so hyped up that it is going to be such a disappointment when she actually sees it! :mrgreen: I really like the word "climbing". That is really insightful!
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so nervous to bind my first quilt and my 'teacher' isn't going to be around until the beginning of April. It's quilted (I love having a fiancee whose parents have a long-arm machine in their basement!) but now I'm like 'I'm so going to screw this up'! LOL

I FEEL EXACTLY THAT SAME WAY RIGHT NOW! I'm feeling like "oh my gosh. I don't even want to touch it because I'll just mess it up from here!" Hahah! I don't have a 'teacher' close by me but I'm watching videos and studying different approaches, and I have my coaches on here to ask if I get stuck too! Going to tackle it this weekend... :cold_sweat:
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Aw i love all the stories, thanks for sharing - you too @clicketykeys! My dress came in so I guess ive gotta get serious! Planning for a backyard ceremony and luncheon in June...all I really need to do is book a tent for the yard, a local country store is going to make sandwiches, salads and cookies. I need to get serious about making arrangements - the stories have given me some inspiration!

Wait...what???? Did I miss something? Is this new @AJB1014 ? That'll teach me to be MIA! Makes me wonder what else I've missed...
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 125 posts behind again....6 pages. I have some reading to catch up on. I had another appointment with the Concussion Clinic today and i'm still not supposed to read more than my eyes will allow me to without feeling strained or headachy. So, I'm struggling to keep up on here! Miss you all so much!

Since I didn't get on early enough to post goals, I'm going to tackle today a little differently.

Today's Successes: :):star:
    • I did not eat any candy from the candy dish on my desk.
    • I did get a lot of work done.
    • I learned 3 new things at work today.
    • I ate only from my lunch bag.
    • I kept a smile on my face and in my voice.
    • I ate only when sitting.

Today's Sassiness: :naughty:
    I still have not drank one drop of water.
    I did not take breaks from my desk to walk and stretch
    I did not run to the store on my lunch break
    I did not take a lunch break...ate at my desk

Tomorrow, I will hop on here with some goals and the rest of my Smile vs Sassy list.

Hugs to everyone!
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2019
    Options

Wait...what???? Did I miss something? Is this new @AJB1014 ? That'll teach me to be MIA! Makes me wonder what else I've missed...

Oh yes --- you have to scroll all the way back and see her beautiful wedding dress!!!!!!

And good luck on the quilt binding! I am actually putting binding on a quilt I just finished ... and was thinking of you! But ... so happy to see you back posting! We all miss you .. and hope you are feeling better. I love how you listed your successes ... I like that much better than the sassiness. You did great!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Wow, have I missed a lot! I've been trying to post goals in the morning. Sometimes I remember, and sometimes I don't. I've been thinking a lot about my word for the new year and DISCIPLINE has been showing up a lot as well. Mainly because it's something that I totally lack...in pretty much EVERY aspect of my life. Not just with healthy eating and exercise, but also with things at work and stuff around the house. I really need to create a plan and stick to it. I need to develop discipline and be consistent with it to create healthy new habits.

Life has just been crazy this year! My MIL isn't doing well and we don't know how much longer we will have her. Matt is sad but he is ready for her to not suffer anymore. She had open heart surgery two years ago and has severe COPD. She has been in constant pain for the last two years. I'm praying it happens easily for everyone involved.

The DH got cleared from his Doc to go back to work. He can go back as soon as Monday. The DH went to talk to the manager at a different store closer to our house. He is being transferred there with the same job title, but also with a promotion to keyholder/manager in training and a pay raise! His tentative return date was Feb 1st. But I think he wants to go back before. So this weekend we are going to go car shopping for him. I think I told everyone about the whole car flooding fiasco. Well, I finally went through our warranty information and found out that we had GAP insurance. I could have sworn that we turned that option down but apparently we didn't. We were freaking out thinking that we were going to have to owe money to the financing company. But if we go to the dealership we got the car from and cancel the extended warranty AND when the GAP insurance company pays...we may actually end up WITH MONEY IN OUR POCKETS!!!!!!! WTH!!! Lol. And we want to go car shopping on Saturday because we will have extra money in the bank that we can use for a downpayment.

So other than the MIL possibly dying situation, things are looking up. I CANNOT wait for the DH to go back to work! I miss having alone time! Especially now that I have a book to work on. It's hard to focus on writing a story when there is someone either next to you or in the other room screaming at video games or hockey games. Lol.

Okay, I think that that is it...I already totally deviated from my eating plan today...curse you customers who gift us with a dozen gourmet cupcakes!!!! Lol. I have a few things I want to do tonight.

I'm really going to sign off this time! Lol
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I have vivid dreams on a pretty regular basis, but that one was a bit intense, even for me XD do we get to see pix of the quilt??

Loving the idea of the word-for-the-year. I want something that includes an appreciation for what I already have, but avoids complacency and instead uses that gratitude to push toward further progress. So ... maybe CLIMBING? Because in order to climb safely and continue going higher, you have to have a strong foundation and have made good choices in getting to where you are at this point.

I'm going to send it to Bex when it is finished. She's made me promise not to post a pic on here because she wants to be surprised. I feel like it has been so hyped up that it is going to be such a disappointment when she actually sees it! :mrgreen: I really like the word "climbing". That is really insightful!
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so nervous to bind my first quilt and my 'teacher' isn't going to be around until the beginning of April. It's quilted (I love having a fiancee whose parents have a long-arm machine in their basement!) but now I'm like 'I'm so going to screw this up'! LOL

I FEEL EXACTLY THAT SAME WAY RIGHT NOW! I'm feeling like "oh my gosh. I don't even want to touch it because I'll just mess it up from here!" Hahah! I don't have a 'teacher' close by me but I'm watching videos and studying different approaches, and I have my coaches on here to ask if I get stuck too! Going to tackle it this weekend... :cold_sweat:
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Aw i love all the stories, thanks for sharing - you too @clicketykeys! My dress came in so I guess ive gotta get serious! Planning for a backyard ceremony and luncheon in June...all I really need to do is book a tent for the yard, a local country store is going to make sandwiches, salads and cookies. I need to get serious about making arrangements - the stories have given me some inspiration!

Here it is again! Went shopping on a whim with my mom and fell in love!
    6o3jj12pjavp.jpeg

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    iqln7qsjnkn5.jpg

And we will stumble. We will have bad days. We will eat what we know we should not do. But remember ..... it is a lifestyle change .... one day at a time.

Amen! This is excellent. "It's progress, not perfection"
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 Discipline That's the most popular word so far...three of us have chosen it

Discipline: restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires.

@ZizzyBumble Methodical Great word---takes some focus and planning!

Methodical: done according to a systematic or established form of procedure. I think this word calls for some synonyms! Well thought out; planned; disciplined

@clicketykeys Climbing! Julie Andrews burst out in song in my head! "Climb every mountain...!"

Climbing Moving to a higher position; to go upward with gradual or continuous progress

@Faebert Balance. Ahhh...this is something so many of us continue to strive for. And when we reach it we have so much peace around us.

Balance: a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions. (love "correct propostions")

@Bex953172 Discovery! That word demands an exclamation mark!

Discovery Finding something unexpectedly during a search; the act of becoming aware of something

@AJB1014 Driven I like the words found in the definition...relentlessly compelled.

Driven relentlessly compelled by the need to accomplish a goal; very hard-working and ambitious.

@mytime6630 My Word for the Year is also DISCIPLINE! I thought it was perseverance but discipline kept demanding to be heard and I finally just gave in and said, Okay, Okay! Have your way!

Discipline: restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires.

@PackerFanInGB Tenacious conjures up all kinds of word pictures. Steely eyes, bared teeth, almost snarling, lol! Did I give you the definition of your fabulous word? I thought I did but just in case...

Tenacity: persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired

@slittlemeister A two-fer for you this year! Mindful and Moderation These are very strong words and are very active words.

Mindful Aware. (In other words, "taking every bite captive!"
    Moderation in a way that is reasonable and not excessive

@snowflake1968 Your word for 2019 is Determined. That is extremely powerful.

Determine Firmly resolved (love the part "firmly")

Oh, there is one more out there---please remind me who you are. Is your word Consistency?

I always think of the adage "Slow and steady wins the race!"

Consistency steady continuity

Onward and UPward!!!
    Peace and joy
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    My weekly weigh in - I am not very impressed with myself right now, but hopefully the next week is better.

vi8jhzbgp93u.png