JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm so hungry today >:) And Moe's wants to give me a free cup of queso >:)>:)>:) Lord give me strength!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Wed

But then hubby... who was also super tired all day, wanted me to get a box of ice cream when I went to the grocery store with my daughter. I could have ignored what he wanted ... I could have used discipline .... but I didn't. I caved, and had a huge bowl of ice cream.

but ... tomorrow will be a new day, and as much exercise as I have been doing this week, I am hoping I will be OK when I weigh on monday. But I have to reframe my thinking ... in that today was my decision, my choice. So I am not going to beat myself up, I am not going to say I am off the diet, or that I cheated. It was just a decision I made today. And tomorrow my choice is going to be to eat lighter meals, eat healthy meals, and make the decision to follow my diet.

WORD for this year: Discipline

My husband likes ice cream as well...I'm a huge Ice cream hound. So what I do is buy something for him that I won't like. Coconut bars is a fav of his...I don't like them so they are not a temptation before. And then there's this: "I don't have enough calories or fat or carbs left for me to have a bowl of ice cream tonight. But! I will plan to have it tomorrow!" I've done this many times...I'm not saying no. I'm saying later.

And today is a whole new day to move forward and onward!

Peace and joy!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @AJB1014 NOOOOO!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE CHEESE!!!! Lol.

• Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I'm so hungry today >:) And Moe's wants to give me a free cup of queso >:)>:)>:) Lord give me strength!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what works well, get a bowl of spinach, a big bowl, and eat until you are literally about to explode with some oil and vinegar.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT, 1/9/2019
    Word: Discipline

Operation Red Cup (I am rocking this since I got out my handy dandy glass!)
    Enter my anticiapated meals in to MFP before eating
    Complete Day 3 of sugar detox
    Dreadmill
    Write 1 letter

Peace and joy!

Another goal I need to do... the sugar detox!And great job with the operation red cup!! I need to get with it myself!

I am not doing away completely with carbs. This does not work for me. But what I am striving to do for the next 40 days is to not eat foods that contain corn syrup or sugary treats (pastries, cookies, ice cream, hot cocoa, etc) and to keep my carbs around100-150... I figure this will give me a good start for the year as I will hopefully see progress on the scales.

Have you set out your red cup where you can see it during the day???
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 1-9-19

1. Log all food😀 Was over by almost 900 calories but I logged it all!
    2. Eat the lunch I brought from home 😀
    3. No snacks at work!😑We had a neighboring business stop by with a dozen gourmet cupcakes from a bakery down the street...I couldn't stop myself...but I logged them as best I could.
    4. Figure out dinner 😅I did but I was frozen chicken strips...
    5. Work 815-4😁
    6. DISHES!!!🤣
    7. FOLD CLOTHES!!!😁😁
    8. FINISH DEFENDER!!!🤣
    9. BED BY 1030!!!🤣After 11...again

Hahaha okay... Let's see how many I can get done. Lol

JFT, 1-10-19

1. Log all food
    2. Eat a sensible lunch
    3. Work 815-5
    4. Pick up dice for C and A on break
    5. Do a mad cleaning before above come over(bathroom/dishes/bedroom)
    6. Eat 2 pieces of pizza for dinner and 2 beers tops
    7. Have fun with our friends
    8. Bed before 12
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap W 1/9 ~ Yay ~ I got up for early alarm (after several snoozes) and worked out... know this won't be so hard once I do it a few more times. Vacation & holidays sure messed up my schedule & habits.
    1) X-trained w/ weights & circuit-training (not enough time for treadmill & I'm fine w/ this) before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,860 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (happy hour :wink: ) & 35 floors :|
    3) Usual meals/snacks prelogged / happy hour w/ former colleagues ~ preview menu online & choose wisely / enjoy 1 adult beverage in company of friends / net calories zero / 14c water = Hungry when I arrived for happy hour, ordered one of the salads I had pre-selected & ate every bite, including the small roll & butter. Enjoyed 1 beer, then guzzled 1 pint of water. When I got home, felt hungry again and I ate shelled pistachios straight from the bag ~ ack! Guesstimated how many & logged. Net calories -574 :s , sodium -1,439 :s , sugar -4 (I'll take this!), fiber & protein excellent (yay), 14c water (yay)
    4) Evening to-do's? Check headlamp & LED vest for F event & charge if necessary. = Charged for Fri. evening 5K event. Also put away all the clean dishes sitting in rack, and folded line-dried laundry, took upstairs & put everything away ~ yay me :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :s started to get ready for bed 10:15 (treadmill R before work)

JFT R 1/10 ~ 2 days in a row I got up early for workout... before I know it, I'll be back in the groove. Not participating in workplace mindful hike today... crappy snow (melted, rained on, then refroze) & icy conditions, definitely no snowshoeing, so I will pass.
    1) Treadmill before work 3 mi 50:15 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley: but sad dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged but not sure about supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Choir 6:30 / evening to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / set/verify alarm (no pre-work workout F), BED & TV OFF 10:15 (missing my sleep really screws me up)
  • toaljasa
    JFT Weds
    1. Met and Prenatal :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Eat 3 PM snack :)
    5. Cook dinner at home :)
    6. 3 waters before noon/3 after/1 at home :)
    7. Apply skin medication :)
    8. 10 minute meditation :)
    9. Bed by 9:30 :)
    10. 15 squats/bathroom trip :)

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Up by 7 :| 7:20
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish Oil :)

Look at all those smiling faces! Great job you are doing there!!!
  • toaljasa
    5th day in a row being a good boy ( 40 years old ). Lost 4.5 kilos( 10 pounds ) since sunday, but normal as I was in mega fattening diet. Yesterday I didn't do sport, I needed a rest. Today Golf Class and Spinning session in peloton planned. One day at a time.

Tomorrow comes my very big first challenge, first business trip ahead....Yikes.

Trips can be tricky. What helps me is when I know where I'm going to eat to go online and look at a menu and choose what I'm going to order. Then I just resolve to do that. I also don't have any high calorie food in the room so that if I get bored I won't eat it. Nuts are healthy, but I can mindlessly eat a whole can so that's why I don't have high calorie snacks.

Let us know how you! And yes: 1 day at a time. Plan your day and then execute!
  • AJB1014

JFT, 1/9/2019
    Word: Discipline

Operation Red Cup (I am rocking this since I got out my handy dandy glass!)
    Enter my anticiapated meals in to MFP before eating
    Complete Day 3 of sugar detox
    Dreadmill
    Write 1 letter

Peace and joy!

Another goal I need to do... the sugar detox!And great job with the operation red cup!! I need to get with it myself!

I am not doing away completely with carbs. This does not work for me. But what I am striving to do for the next 40 days is to not eat foods that contain corn syrup or sugary treats (pastries, cookies, ice cream, hot cocoa, etc) and to keep my carbs around100-150... I figure this will give me a good start for the year as I will hopefully see progress on the scales.

Have you set out your red cup where you can see it during the day???

I aim for 125 g carbs/day and less than 50 g sugar/day - this past week I've been good, but I'm definitely not always! My diary is open if you want to take a look of how that looks for me!
  • AJB1014
    @AJB1014 NOOOOO!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE CHEESE!!!! Lol.

THANK YOU! I used @slittlemeister little tip and prelogged and told myself NO DEVIATING FROM THE PLAN!
  • toaljasa

Unless it fits in your food diary: Tell Moe NO! And you will have freedom! And that's a lot better than a free 2 buck queso!!!
  • AJB1014

Unless it fits in your food diary: Tell Moe NO! And you will have freedom! And that's a lot better than a free 2 buck queso!!!

Another insightful point - maybe I can work it into my food plan next week, coupons good for a week!
  • toaljasa

Another insightful point - maybe I can work it into my food plan next week, coupons good for a week!

Oh! That would be great! I tell myself, "I'm not saying no. I'm saying not right now."
  • toaljasa

I aim for 125 g carbs/day and less than 50 g sugar/day - this past week I've been good, but I'm definitely not always! My diary is open if you want to take a look of how that looks for me!

Thanks! You eat quite well, and a good amount of quantity as well. It has given me some ideas for lunch...I don't do so hot then...generally under eat. Looking at your diary reminded me that this time last year I would have a piece of dark chocolate. I always made sure it fit in the food amounts. I'm going to get back to doing this at the end of my 40 days.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Wednesday January 9th
    2L of water - 😕 only 1.5
    Calories in Green - 😈 in red by 404
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈 I started to, I turned it on set up, but my chest was hurting so much I couldn’t force myself to do it. Today I will try to do 1 mile 3 times throughout the day
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break 😈
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. 🤔- except for the bread with peanut butter way too late in the evening I think I did ok. I can’t do more for my chest than what I’m doing.

JFT - ThursdayJanuary 10th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

I don’t have a lot to add today personally. So will just wish you all a great day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Hegoddard - sorry to hear about your MIL. Mat has some great news too though with the new location and position.

Mytime - Haopy to hear that your friend was nice about it. It’s asking a lot of anyone to expect them to do something daily with you. Oh ice cream, this is my husband’s favourite thing in the summer. I have gotten so I buy flavours he will enjoy and I don’t like. You handled it well though. It beating yourself up about it.

Alexhayg - I always struggle when I don’t feel well. I hear ya! Feel better soon.

AJB1014 - you are doing so well! I’m so proud of you.

Slittlemeister, toaljasa and maryrobinson - you are all so inspiring and positive, you give great advice and cheer us all on!

I know there were more but I’m really trying to cut my time down on social media.... I’m not being very successful.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    JFT
    Took my meds
    Kinda groggy from my meds so I'm going to lay back down now and post later.
  • pam46815
    pam46815 Posts: 20 Member
    pam46815 wrote: »
    How do I post a reply on someone's post?

You can click on the Quote function, and post your comments below, just like I did here. An alternative: type @cschmitz110515 [user name of the person you want to comment to, using myself as an example ~ NO space between symbol and name] then type your post.

For newbies, you can edit your post for up to one hour. Just hover over the upper right corner for the Options wheel and when it pops up, click. Your post will then be available for editing.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that helps! Thank you!!
  • pam46815
    pam46815 Posts: 20 Member
    my goals for today yesterday...
    * track everything 💜✅
    * choose one app and stick with it💜✅
    * Get back to the gym💜💜✅
    * Get back to flylady💜✅
    * Participate✅💜

Love this.... I used to be part of a weight watchers thread very similar to this. Break in it down to Daily Goals makes it do able....

my goals for today
    * track everything
    * continue with MFP
    * Exercise
    * keep on with flylady
    * Participate
    * Drink enough water

I recently discovered Flylady! I love her!