JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. I think I'm coming down with something too. I feel nauseous and just plain tired. :(

I did well yesterday even though I ended up in the red but I'm not stressing over this. I'm easing my way back to where I was before the holidays and that will take some time. I didn't feel well enough this morning to do a real workout (as is when you sweat and feel the burn) but I did do some Pilates.

JFT:
    Log
    Water
    Stay in the green

Hugs to all. <3
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Bex953172 You got this!!! :)

@mytime6630 Hang in there. When you're sick it's always the worst, especially if you're not eating/drinking as much and your body retains everything. Rest as much as you can and be kind to yourself. <3
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    JFT 1-16-19

Log everything I eat no matter what
    Drink all my water
    Weigh in (I already did this but it was the plan for today regardless! LOL)
    Write in my paper fitness journal
    Stretch often / Stand hourly at work
    Stop eating when I'm full
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, now I'm 268 posts behind and I never got caught up from my last MIA stint. LOL! I'm feeling like a pathetic loser lately. Had some family issues going on that actually had me feeling emotionally broken for the past 8 or 10 days. (Lost count) And yes, I totally did not care and I fed my sorrow and stress with food and sitting on my *kitten*. So today, I contacted the Wellness Coach at work and set up a weekly plan with her for accountability. I will be keeping a journal and submitting it to her weekly. She is expecting it next Wednesday and even made notation on her calendar to email me if she doesn't get it.

I miss you all when I don't get on here. I know there is so much going on that I am missing out on. I am going to make it a priority to go back and get caught up because I hear there are wedding dress pictures on here that I MUST SEE! And if I missed pics of Casey, Marley or Saskia, I'll be bummed out!

Finally got my sewing area set up last weekend, after being packed away for Christmas. Was a lot of work. I didn't realize how much stuff I have for sewing! I should probably learn how to use some of it... :wink: Last night I couldn't sleep, so I was up watching videos on how to sew on binding. I plan to get the binding done on @Bex953172 's quilt for Casey this weekend and send it off next week. I'm pretty excited about it!

Well, I'd better get back to work. I have another meeting in 8 minutes and need to heat up some lunch and move around a bit. Been sitting all morning and can feeling my hips widening as I type... My "I WILL" list is what I committed to do for the Wellness Coach at work. I'm also going to have an "I HOPE TO" list so I don't forget about my mini goals...

Just for Today (Wed | 1/16/19), I WILL:
    1. Drink half my weight in ounces of water. (90 oz)
    2. Journal every single bite that goes into my mouth, even if it’s a candy mint
    3. Pay attention to consuming half my weight in grams of protein (90 g) and eating less carbs
    4. Activity: Walk for 30 minutes either outside or via exercise DVD
    5. Eat at least 2 servings of fruits and 3 servings of veggies today.

JFT, I HOPE TO:
    • Read Beck's Diet Solution next chapter
    • Get caught up on JFT thread
    • Get caught up on my other MFP threads
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    • Read something for pleasure
    • Pick up my Rx after work
    • Early bedtime

Love you all! xoxox
    Tracie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Jan 15th
    2L of water - 😕 only 1.5
    Calories in Green. 😈 ugh!!!
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 I’m counting it as 2.5 miles, I walked, danced did some crunches for 40 minutes while I watched This is Us last night. I didn’t put Leslie Sansone on, but did a lot of her moves.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 🙂 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈 and I didn’t put my little sign in there either.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😕 I ate the cookies and squares hubby took out of the freezer.

JFT - Wednesday Jan 16th
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Determined!

Today I am going to clean my bathroom and put my sign in there. As soon as I am done catching up on here and Facebook. I then need to make some more decorations for Michaela’s party and I have a plan to start something for my eldest daughter’s 30th birthday present.

I also want to really look into some vinyl prices online. I have been selling off some old scrapbooking supplies so I have money to buy for my new hobby.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    I wanted to share this, I stopped at the grocery store yesterday and bought some fish for hubby. My 14 year old niece gave me an idea for some fillets and then I saw this. Hubby enjoyed this last night and I had a ham steak that he doesn’t enjoy. It wasn’t a pain for me to cook two things either.

a6kyux8jxtnh.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @frenchfancy2014 - I’m sorry you are struggling with your Dad’s carer. That must be terrible. Maybe you need to find another one before this one has the opportunity to quit.

@toaljasa - I have never tried grits, but my husband has when he drive truck. I think he liked them. When we were first married the only thing he wouldn’t eat was ham and pork. Things have changed over 31 years. Mind you all I wanted to eat back then was pizza and Kraft Dinner. 😂

@maryrobinson40 - hope you feel better very soon. I hate when illness sets me back, I tend to wallow for too long with it.

@newdaydawning79 - thank you. I don’t normally have a sweet tooth except for certain sweets. Most of them I can very easily avoid. Last night hubby took some of my favourites out of the freezer and I succumbed. Good news is I think there are very few left now!

@Fitatelo - I noticed you were writing to your Grandma. My Grandmother and I wrote letters back and forth for years . When her eyes got too bad too see my writing, I typed them using a large font. I have all of if the letters now that she wrote and I wrote. I also have a wooden box I had decorated for her one year and put homemade stationary in for her. One of my goals this year is to put those all in chronological order and put ribbons on them by years.
    What a treasure those letters will be for you someday.

@cschmitz110515 - you are beating yourself up for not getting up, but also woke up to spend some time with hubby in the night. I wouldn’t beat myself up over that, you still have to get up for work. Hubby and I had that schedule for a while, it’s a balancing act and those rare times during the week are priceless. Happy your brother was not injured.

@Sofia_Alegria - hope you feel better soon

@Bex953172 - I love how you never give up. That’s what it’s all about isn’t it? I have been struggling to stay within my calories and do any exercise and have to convince myself to do it. I have thought about just saying effit until I’m back to work and in a routine, but I know that won’t help. So I am counting every good decision as a victory right now to keep me going.

@mytime6630 - I drink so much orange juice when I am sick. I don’t worry about anything except getting better. I don’t know if it actually helps me get better faster or not, but it makes me feel better so I do it. It’s the only time I drink juice though.

@PackerFanInGB - I love seeing you post. I hope your family crisis has passed and you can start doing for you.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    In winter, I love to make pots of soup and have leftovers. I'm sharing the recipe for the soup I'm making tonight. I alter the recipe slightly: use mild sausage instead of hot, add the optional pepper flakes to taste and replace the heavy cream with evaporated milk. According to MFP Recipes, with my changes, one serving is 336 calories.

https://damndelicious.net/2014/10/29/sausage-potato-spinach-soup/
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 - you are beating yourself up for not getting up, but also woke up to spend some time with hubby in the night. I wouldn’t beat myself up over that, you still have to get up for work. Hubby and I had that schedule for a while, it’s a balancing act and those rare times during the week are priceless. Happy your brother was not injured.

Thank you so much! Good advice. :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    What a busy day - can’t believe I’m only just getting on here now to post. Finished up Tuesday happy - hit most goals for the day and feeling strong into today. Woke up ridiculously early and decided to get up and make a cake for my friend’s birthday as a few of the girls are coming over to mine to celebrate tomorrow night. Post cake making I went for a run - all before going to work! Shattered now after prepping the dinner ingredients and heading to bed soon. Should be a relatively healthy meal- am doing Greek style grilled chicken skewers, a warm butternut squash, spinach, feta and pomegranate salad, a roasted veggie rice salad and green beans with chorizo and chickpeas. But there is chocolate Guinness cake for afterwards 😈

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout (or run? Undecided) ✅ (workout)
    - Speak to M re workshops and lesson plans ✅
    - Print topic activity ❎ printer issues 😖
    - Water! ✅
    - Run home at lunchtime for car ✅
    - Hot yoga after work (non negotiable! Am wasting money on membership and I will feel better once I’ve been. Need to remember why I loved it) ✅
    - Muscle relax bath ❎and early night✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning run ✅ 3.6 miles
    - Make birthday cake ✅
    - Early to school (staff choir practice) ✅
    - Prep for planning cover ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car ✅
    - Pick up present ✅
    - Planning time - no snacking ✅
    - Leave early to collect girls from after school club ✅
    - Groceries and cash for piano teacher ✅
    - Prep for dinner party ✅
    - Wrap present ✅
    - Wash girls’ hair ✅
    - Early night...... sooooo need this. 9.54 now. Have to jump to it!

Night all. Will come back in the morning to set Thursday goals!! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 16 January

January water challenge :| think so but logging was poor
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) doing well until the after dinner chocolate tipped me into the red! I knew it would but indulged
    5 fruit and veg :)

I'm managing my goal of maintaining so think the extra chocolate will be ok so long as it's not too often. Stressful day and I did not immediately reach for the wine bottle; I enjoyed Seedlip and tonic instead.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Almost 100 posts! Holy Crow! I have really been slacking on my discipline with coming on here daily. I HAVE however logged my food(even when I didn't want to) and I went to the gym Monday and today. Today was a quick workout. I did a 15 minute HIIT workout on the elliptical. A 5 min slow walking warm up, intervals of very fast running and moderate running and another 5 min slow walking cool down. By the time I was done I was breathing heavy and sweating like a fiend. It felt awesome though and apparently, HIIT workouts continue to burn calories long after you are done with the actual workout. So we'll see how that goes. I want to eventually work up my time until I am doing the interval parts for a longer duration. We'll see. But I am proud of myself for going and for logging! I have also eaten what I've brought to lunch every day so far this week. Lots of leftovers but I don't mind. I made a huge pot roast in my C/P the other night so I've been eating that for lunch and for dinner tonight too actually. The DH wanted to eat something from the freezer so I heated up myself another serving. It's really tasty!

Okay, so it's 7:15pm right now. A little late to make goals but I will do a couple for the rest of the night.

JFT, 1-16-19

1. Work on story!!!!
    2. Take a shower
    3. In bed by 10:30

And some for tomorrow!

JFT, 1-17-19

1. Up at 7AM!!!!!!!
    2. Bring lunch
    3. Work 815-515
    4. Something with ground turkey for dinner
    5. DISHESSSSSSSS
    6. FOLD CLOTHES
    7. Work on story!!!!!
    8. Bed by 10:30!!!!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    Hello I really need support when it comes to sticking to my meal plan and that’s why I’m here

Welcome!! One day at a time - that's how we do it!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    JFT 1-16-19

Log everything I eat no matter what :)
    Drink all my water :)
    Weigh in (I already did this but it was the plan for today regardless! LOL) :)
    Write in my paper fitness journal :neutral:
    Stretch often / Stand hourly at work :)
    Stop eating when I'm full :neutral:

I might still write in the journal tonight but I'm not counting on it just because I'm being lazy. LOL I'm super emotionally drained tonight and I ended up overeating for dinner. Uncomfortably full...must remember this feeling!

JFT 1-17-19

Log it all
    Drink all the water
    Write in my paper fitness journal
    Tackle more dishes (oh the fun of Tupperware...)
    Get those stand/stretch times in at work
    Treat myself kindly
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    JFt, Wed, Jan 17
    1. log all my food :)
    2. concentrate on smaller portions.... eat slowly :)
    3. mindful eating. Take my time chewing and enjoying every bite :) I had to work hard at this ... I think I am so used to just eating in a hurry. So I actually had to put down my fork so I could practice this ... and kept telling hubby to slow down on his eating! I think that is how I developed the habit of eating fast ... hubby can literally finish even a steak dinner in like 5 minutes!
    4. rest to get rid of this cold :) Last nite again, I was unable to sleep. At 1am I just could not get comfortable ... so went out on the couch. I finally did fall asleep, and sleep for awhile, and went back to the bed around 4am. This was after taking a melatonin (which hubby just bought to see if it helps us sleep), and 2 aspirins! My bones just ache all over ... no getting comfortable anywhere.
    5. measure out any snacking :):| I forgot to measure out my dinner, but I did take a smaller portion.. and did not get seconds. But ... I measured out the raisins this morning for my oatmeal (and realized I had been putting in twice the amount I thought!). I guess this is what is called mindful eating!
    6. concentrate on 8+ water :) Drinking a lot of water today.
    7. differentiate between hunger, thirst, or just craving :) So far today I did OK ... now.... to make it until bedtime with no food, since calorie count is still higher than I want. I miss the gym... but am planning to wait until next week to get started with that again.

Going to a wake tomorrow for a neighbor who passed away unexpectedly... but hoping I feel good to go.

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on smaller portions ... and no seconds
    3. mindful eating... eat slowly
    4. rest more to get rid of this cold
    5. go to wake... and then hubby said we would grab something to eat. So make wise choices
    6. concentrate on water.8+ glasses
    7. remember my word for the year " Discipline"
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    In winter, I love to make pots of soup and have leftovers. I'm sharing the recipe for the soup I'm making tonight. I alter the recipe slightly: use mild sausage instead of hot, add the optional pepper flakes to taste and replace the heavy cream with evaporated milk. According to MFP Recipes, with my changes, one serving is 336 calories.

https://damndelicious.net/2014/10/29/sausage-potato-spinach-soup/

This looks wonderful! I saved it in Pinterest and plan on making it soon! Thanks for sharing!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT RECIPES

When a recipe is posted I will add it to the list and re-post. If you share a recipe please include the calories, fat, carbs, and protein. If I missed a recent recipe, please re-post!

Sausage, Potato, and Spinach Soup from @cschmitz110515
    329 calories, 20.4 g fat, 20.5g carbs., 17.3g protein
    Modifications: use mild sausage instead of hot, add the optional pepper flakes to taste and replace the heavy cream with evaporated milk. According to MFP Recipes, with my changes, one serving is 336 calories.

Crack Slaw (Egg Roll in a Bowl) from @AJB1014
    302 calories; 18 g fat; 12.5 g carbohydrates; 24.3 g protein
    Modifications: Can use any kind of ground meat or even tofu. 12oz bag instead of 8, extra green onion, and carrots. Top each bowl with a serving (2 T) of wanton strips

Tasty Tuna Burgers from toaljasa
    Without Bun and light mayo: 144 calories, 12 fat , 11 carbs, 11 protein
    With Bun: Per Serving: 353 calories; 15.6 g fat; 36.6 g carbohydrates; 16.4 g protein
    Modifications: Double for leftovers. Add carrots, green onion instead of minced white. May omit hot sauce and celery.

Winter Fruit Salad from @cschmitz110515
    Per 4 servings: 217 calories, 54 carb, 2 fat, 2 protein