2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• sylvietapp
    sylvietapp Posts: 2 Member
    hi im sandy. can anyone tell me how to change my profile so i don't automatically get more calories when i log a workout?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    sylvietapp wrote: »
    hi im sandy. can anyone tell me how to change my profile so i don't automatically get more calories when i log a workout?

You should be eating some of your calories back if you are exercising. Your deficit to lose weight is already built in to your daily calorie goal by the site; you risk netting too few calories if you consistently don't eat back some/all of your exercise calories.
  • rubychecs
    rubychecs Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! I am new and looking to lose all the weight I have gained back again and again over the years. I am hoping to lose 40-50lbs.
    I just started the Intuitive Eating book/workbook and am feeling very positive about it so far.

I am very open to any and all support as I trek on this fitness and healthy living journey.

~Deanna
  • Donibrook0122
    Donibrook0122 Posts: 1 Member
    Howdy to everyone. I'm Doni, soon to be 59yo, I live in East Texas & grew up in Chicagoland + WI. I have serious cardio & pulmonary issues. Through very poor eating habits, being 3/4 sedentary, meds, fluid retention, etc. I have 100 lbs or more to take off. I am going to set up to do this in 10% increments, that is if I can figure out the iPhone app. lol
  • bcroz70
    bcroz70 Posts: 2 Member
    New to all of this. I used this site years ago, but just for logging food. How do you reply to others, hit send message?
  • Roblaine
    Roblaine Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I am kind of new here. Was here about 1 1/12 years ago, but I somehow lost the ability to log in and decided to start all over again. I would love to lose about 30 pounds by summer.
  • vickyb92xxx
    vickyb92xxx Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi I'm vicky I'm new here and looking to lose 35 lbs. Looking to make new sure on here along the way. Please add me
  • softandspikey
    softandspikey Posts: 17 Member
    Hi looking to loose just under 100 pounds. Any tips would be much appreciated :)
    Are people just using the mfp app? X
  • bfu7302
    bfu7302 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello I’m not a newbie I started in 2014. I made the mistake of changing to another calorie counting app. That was a big mistake. I downloaded the app again last week and it is so awesome. I’ve always been a Premium user. But I never joined the community. This time I am going to use everything MyFitnessPal offers.
  • Tracking_Bec
    Tracking_Bec Posts: 4 Member
    Hi- Just joined, anyone else from Australia?
  • beee8000
    beee8000 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi- Just joined, anyone else from Australia?

I am! Brisbane here
  • em84
    em84 Posts: 144 Member
    Feel free to add me 😊
  • LynneL888
    LynneL888 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, new here and trying to set up for the keto diet. Have my macros and have put that in...etc...so trying to put stuff in for breakfast...do i have to do "search" for every food I eat? I am doing keto receipes and what? put in every ingredient in the search part? sorry, just confusing for me...tks for the help
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    LynneL888 wrote: »
    Hi, new here and trying to set up for the keto diet. Have my macros and have put that in...etc...so trying to put stuff in for breakfast...do i have to do "search" for every food I eat? I am doing keto receipes and what? put in every ingredient in the search part? sorry, just confusing for me...tks for the help

Yes. Enter the foods individually. MFP will save them so they will be available on future days. You can also save a group of foods as a meal (ie, bacon and eggs and toast). Then you just select the meal the next time you eat that food.

Entering everything is a little tedious at first, but you will quickly build a database of foods that you eat most often.
This discussion has been closed.