2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• longbranch92
    longbranch92 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello, I'm Laura and I'm finally getting serious about weight loss. I got a fit bit and a digital scale to weigh myself and a small scale to weigh my food and I have started to lose weight and that feels good! I've been going to the Y and taking classes and walking the track. I am feeling ok overall but have some unaccustomed muscle soreness at the end of the day. Should I just pop an ibuprofen and power on?

I would suggest a hot bath with Epson salts and the ibuprofen wouldn’t be a bad idea.
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 182 Member
    Hi everyone! New here, really need to lose some weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. So here I am! Would love some friends to go on this journey with and to share tips with or just talk because I’m sure I’m going to need them. Just add me as a friend. Thanks looking forward to a new me!

Welcome, shoppingwendy! Feel free to add me. Tried adding you already but I just get an error message.

Hope you're enjoying MFP so far. I've been logging in for 3+ years now and I find it really helpful for checking my eating habits and staying at my maintenance weight.
  • inoriekay
    inoriekay Posts: 3 Member
    Hello i am new here and i am not quite sure about the exercise log. I am using MFP in combination with my fitbit charge 3. So when i exercise my fitbit logs it as calories burned. I keep seeing the prompt to log exercise here but i dont want to have my workout pushed into my calorie count twice. That is cheating. Is there a way to fix that?
  • countryfriedpossum
    countryfriedpossum Posts: 13 Member
    epylien wrote: »
    Hi i am new here. looking for guidance on stuff like calculating my macro nutrient intake for starting a sutainable keto diet

Hi! I used the macro calculator on Keto Karma's website - it's free!

I just uses this too! It helped me set my micro goals. Cool.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    inoriekay wrote: »
    Hello i am new here and i am not quite sure about the exercise log. I am using MFP in combination with my fitbit charge 3. So when i exercise my fitbit logs it as calories burned. I keep seeing the prompt to log exercise here but i dont want to have my workout pushed into my calorie count twice. That is cheating. Is there a way to fix that?

When you log an exercise you've already done in MFP, enter only one calorie so that the website still counts it, but it won't derail your calorie totals. I've seen quite a few people use this tactic effectively.

• Sparkle1098
    Sparkle1098 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, Signed up for the ap years ago and never used it. I started two weeks ago Friday and lost 7.7 pounds. Need to lose a whole lot more. Please add me.
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello all! I'm a newbie (or as my son likes to call me, a "noob"!) ;-)
    I joined MFP 6 days ago and I'm looking to lose 43 lbs in whatever amount of time is healthy. Lost 40 on WW in a good amount of time about 9 years ago, so I'm hoping this platform works just as well.
    I should add that I am a vegetarian of 25 years so if there are any others out there on the same journey, I would love to swap tips with you. I'm here to support and hopefully get some in return. I feel like if I am actively doing all of this, then I won't just fall off. In order to lose the weight (essentially baby weight from 2 kids left hanging around) a decade ago, it helped to publicly do weigh-ins on my blog and be accountable for it in ways other than ones that ONLY I know about. Does that make sense? So my thinking is that if I do that again here, maybe I will see great results again.

Cheers!

Erica
  • juliakramer12
    juliakramer12 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I am looking to drop 30 pounds over the next year. As a vegetarian, does anyone have an advice on how to diet as a vegetarian. Thanks
  • Hi! Noob here. I’ve got a busy work schedule and then I come home and chase a toddler. I’m looking for a way to keep my convenience foods and excuses in check. I’d like to lose 10-15lbs but more importantly get healthier and stronger.
  • W0n3rW0man
    W0n3rW0man Posts: 3 Member
    New-ish to MFP. Looking for new friends.
  • cgolub2
    cgolub2 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I'm having difficulty logging exercises. When I search for certain ones, like pushups or crunches or burpees, nothing comes up. How do I do this?
  • rrae_chel
    rrae_chel Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new here :)

Just trying to get healthy
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    @cgolub2 I would suggest just logging the whole workout as a "strength" or "cardio" workout depending on intensity/what you did. There aren't really any individual exercises to log. I just log as a general strength workout and let my Garmin tell Myfitnesspal what I burned.
  • thepainmaker88
    thepainmaker88 Posts: 365 Member
    I'm here to loose 30 lbs hopefully by summer but well see....Profile pic is from a year ago, trying to get back to that body type
  • workingmums2018
    workingmums2018 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm a single mum of two children. I had my second child almost a year ago. I have been eating healthy but not seen any of the pregnancy weight come off. it's been three weeks since I've been using MFP and this app is like the light at the end of the tunnel for me. I've been using this app since 10th January and I lost 6.5lbs in three weeks. I discovered I had to control my calorie intake. I've not done any exercise except the general walking and house cleaning around my home. I want to go gym but have no childcare. But I'm happy with these results as I've been advised steady weight loss is easier to maintain. So please feel free to add me as I would love to communicate/interact with anyone on the same journey as me. I'm jolly and easygoing. My diary is open for all to view. Wish everyone success in their journey x
  • DeeKayHimes
    DeeKayHimes Posts: 3 Member
    Hi!!
    Restarting my journey. Already lost 100lbs. Need to lose another 40!!
  • anushavejjc
    anushavejjc Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm new. My name is Anush. I would like to release about 40 pounds. Been dieting my whole life. So now I'm focusing on this: Feeling good about myself, what I put in my body to nourish it, and be honest about doing the best that I can to be my best self.

I've had a lot of health challenges. I'm a 3x cancer survivor (2x breast, 1x colon, and had surgery to remove pre-cancerous ulcers from my stomach). A genetic mutation makes me somewhat of a cancer magnet, so I'm very grateful and blessed to be here and to have healthcare.

So it's February 1. My start date. I just had a milestone birthday in Maui and just was so appreciative of the beauty, life, everything. I am an artist, and I teach people how to manage their health and wellness naturally with essential oils. I have been caregiver to my mom for the past 6 years and this past november she passed away. I have always been a caregiver...to my kids, my mom....and now it's time to take care of me.
  • tuxenk
    tuxenk Posts: 4 Member
    2 Questions: 1) I don't always find the food I am looking for on the list. Suggestions? I have been going to another nutrition look up site, find the food, then add it? Is that right? 2) Is there anything wrong with drinking 10 - 12 eight ounce glasses of water each day?
This discussion has been closed.