2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• Fledaws
    Fledaws Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all! Starting today. I need help. I've read soo much on different diets I've confused myself. Now I don't know what to eat or what not to eat. I just know I need to loose weight and get more exercise. Anyone out there have a gluten free meal plan I can use until I can figure all this out?
  • luv2garden5150
    luv2garden5150 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Gail and new. I would like to to lose 60 pounds.
  • Hi everyone! I joined a few days ago and so far I’ve lost 3lbs I’m guessing in water weight so far! Got just over a stone to lose after losing 6 stone over the years I managed to get down to 9st 11lbs which was the lightest I’ve ever been but unfortunately I got to comfort the past year and half and put on just over a stone 😱 so now starting again. Healthy meals less fizzy and hoping to start biking at least 3 times a week 12 miles at a time. Loved to have chats with people so we can encourage each other on the journey x
  • zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Hello everyone! I am new on here. I have a 117 lb to lose. I used to weigh a little over 400 lb, I'm at 297 lb right now. I've been stuck at this weight for a while. I allowed things to get in the way and stopped trying. Looking for new friends, we can support and encourage each other. Feel free to add me.
  • ellereynold
    ellereynold Posts: 2 Member
    Hey hi, I am 57 and I am desperately trying to get back to 8st I am currently basically 10st. I am looking for a like minded lady who would like to just comment on each others diery for support, maybe advice on what to eat ect.. I can help support back too, anyone interested? ;).
  • ladytreena
    ladytreena Posts: 4 Member
    Morning , so I have been “dieting” for years but this time I have decided to make a lifestyle change 🤗🤗🤗🤗 . I don’t know what my target weight is but I want to drop 2 dress sizes xx
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey hi, I am 57 and I am desperately trying to get back to 8st I am currently basically 10st. I am looking for a like minded lady who would like to just comment on each others diery for support, maybe advice on what to eat ect.. I can help support back too, anyone interested? ;).

You might also try these groups to find some ladies for support and advice.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10716128/men-women-in-their-50s-starting-anew-in-2019/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10543913/new-members/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10702610/over-60-still-trying/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683356/50-somethings/p1

• DeadlineMAY2019
    DeadlineMAY2019 Posts: 19 Member
    Hey guys!

Today’s my first day back on MFP. I’m 22 and I want to lose 40 pounds by May. And an extra 10 throughout June. SUMMER BOD READY.

Finding new friends throughout this journey would be amazing, it’s easy when we motivate each other and stay on top of tasks. So feel welcome to drop me a friend request!

You can call me Ally (:
  • bribbles90
    bribbles90 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, not necessarily new to this, but hadn't taken it seriously until now. I am a 40-year-old looking to gain muscle, and lose about 20lbs. I would LOVE any advice on how to correctly do this. Not sure if I should stick to macros, or limit calories (although I am currently lifting weights). Would love some guidance.
  • MrsKellyRus
    MrsKellyRus Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone,
    After using myfitnesspal nearly 5 years ago, and doing slimming world (i lost 4stone!) for the last year, I have decided to rejoin myfitnesspal in order to monitor my weight and make sure I don't put any back on! Ideally I would also like to lose another 1.5-2 stone more, but at the moment I am quite happy and comfortable with the way I am!
    I have also started a fitness journey, I have begun jogging, and I plan to take up regular weight training too! I'm looking for inspiration, people to keep me motivated, people I can share the journey with!
  • alteredsteve175
    bribbles90 wrote: »
    Hi, not necessarily new to this, but hadn't taken it seriously until now. I am a 40-year-old looking to gain muscle, and lose about 20lbs. I would LOVE any advice on how to correctly do this. Not sure if I should stick to macros, or limit calories (although I am currently lifting weights). Would love some guidance.

I have mentored some other users in the past. Not an expert, but I will share what I have learned. And there are lots of others on MFP who will help as well. Sending you a friend request.

To start - Definitely continue the weight lifting. More important to maintain muscle as you age.

Just track all your food for a couple of weeks. Then you can look at the diary and get an idea of where to make changes. If you want to lose some weight, you will need a calorie deficit. Once you have some data to work with, you can figure out macros.
  • pennyhedrick
    pennyhedrick Posts: 5 Member
    how do I do a friend request or is there such a thing?
  • alteredsteve175
    how do I do a friend request or is there such a thing?

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

• cupcakebopoppy
    cupcakebopoppy Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all I’m Sandra I’m going to loose 3 stone by September. I’m not a youngster so it’s a bit harder to loose weight but here goes, I’m trying low carbs.
    X
  • ladytreena
    ladytreena Posts: 4 Member
    🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m still motivated todo this lifestyle change a drop my dress sizes but I keep forgetting todo the diary 📔 all day ...... looking to add new friends so we can keep each other motivated feel free to add me 💋💋💋
  • mas2mxm14
    mas2mxm14 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone.....any info on keto diet
  • aleidalg
    aleidalg Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hey guys, I'm Aleida! I'm back on MFP and determined to reach my goal of losing 25 lbs.

I tend to eat healthy and walk 1 hour per day, especially since I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome 5 years ago, and I feel I'm in a relatively good shape. The problem is that it seems that I'm stuck at weighing around 165 lbs, even in periods when I go out more and drink alcohol or periods when I take better care of myself.

My big change since I started using MFP again two weeks ago was cutting calories down to 1470 and it seems to be working (I don't think I ate a crazy amount of food before but I'm a short lady and probably needed less). I've lost 6,6 lbs in two weeks which are probably mainly water but I'm a bit afraid I'm going too fast and I could regain it. I have to admit that I rarely reach the 1470 calories and maybe I should eat a bit more, but it's so motivating to watch the numbers go down!!

If any of you has some advice I'd really appreciate it :)
  • alteredsteve175
    mas2mxm14 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.....any info on keto diet
    Below is a link to the low carb forum. Lots of folks there who will answer questions and help you setup a low carb eating plan.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
This discussion has been closed.