2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• 36vonna
    36vonna Posts: 4 Member
    I am a new who is looking to lose 40 pounds in 6 months.

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited February 2019
    tuxenk wrote: »
    2 Questions: 1) I don't always find the food I am looking for on the list. Suggestions? I have been going to another nutrition look up site, find the food, then add it? Is that right? 2) Is there anything wrong with drinking 10 - 12 eight ounce glasses of water each day?

1)Try the USDA list for foods that are inaccurate or not in the database. That is the most consistent source I have found. And as you know, you can add your own food items, if needed. Use the recipe builder for your homemade meals like casseroles and such.

2) I think the water consumption is fine. I am not aware of any issues related to that.
  • chelstene
    chelstene Posts: 118 Member
    So I'm back on here, last time I used this properly I lost 15kg..... but over 3 years and starting night shifts, I have put most of it back on.... feels bad man need me some inspo :D:D
  • azandlewis711
    azandlewis711 Posts: 9 Member
    Uv done it before so that’s enough motivation to let you know that you CAN ...🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    🙋‍♀️Hi everyone,I'm new to Keto diet.I lost 3 kg/6.6 lbs so far👍.I want to lose 12 kg/ 26 lbs more by the end of 2019.I always look for information to get to my goal weight and stay there.📉
  • cozy_hippo
    cozy_hippo Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Everyone, I’m back trying to get back on track. Lost about 40lbs last year and slowly put 20 back on...ugh. So here we go again. Looking forward to hopefully making some like minded friends and supporting each other. Wishing you all the best in your journeys!
  • MontanaMegan21
    MontanaMegan21 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi There! I'm Megan from Montana! I am looking forward to pushing myself to reach my goals just in time for lake weather and rodeo season!
  • Hello everyone!! I’m here and need HELP!! I had this app on my phone since June of last year i use it off and on mostly off lol but i figured if i came to the community and talk to people who’s trying to lose weight and or is struggling like me maybe we could help each other or give me some pointers. 😁
  • noiseydonut
    noiseydonut Posts: 18 Member
    Hello! My name is sarah I'm a bit late to the party. I would like to drop 30 pounds by 2020
  • Nomama1
    Nomama1 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there I am Nomama very excited to get started so please if anyone has great recipe please post
  • April8114
    April8114 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi to all! I’m April and I have 150 pounds to shed and leave behind. I’m really terrible at a few things (hence the current weight problems): I suck at tracking and logging food, being consistent, defeating apathy, being creative with food, exercising, being social, and making friends. The good news is I am up for adoption! IKR!?! Happy day. 😊
  • bero_20n
    bero_20n Posts: 1 Member
    Hi , im abeer i uave a lot wight to lose :(
  • DulcimerPicker
    DulcimerPicker Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone! Rick in Indianapolis. I'd sure love a friend request or two!
  • Hephzibah35
    Hephzibah35 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello I have tried this before with much success. Recently had a baby and need to drop 100lbs. I am Keto and looking for ALL friends for encouragement, food ideas and laughter! Feel free to add me!
  • Lionmummy
    Lionmummy Posts: 12 Member
    Hey I'm here to work out what I'm doing wrong and motivate myself to exercise in day to day life so it's something i can maintain. Rather than 2 months at the gym then stop. And keep an eye on my cals. Total noob and open diary friends only please. Your welcome to add me. And happy recording x
  • slowloser1
    slowloser1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi,I am a 50 year old newbie here and started gym 3 times a week and wants to lose 15lbs please I need guidance.add me please
  • beck5605
    beck5605 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! I'm actually looking to bulk about 5-10 lbs of lean muscle. Any tips for "hard gains"?
  • kopeterson00
    kopeterson00 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello. I am not new, but have been away for awhile and am back now. I have recorded my meals for 60 days now so I think it is becoming a good habit. Are there any member from NE Oregon. Could use some motivation for eating right and especially getting to the gym more.
  • Tsushimii
    Tsushimii Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm new to all of this and pretty nervous about it all. I have a big goal ahead of me (250lb to lose!) and I know it'll take a long time but I hope I can make it through.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Hello everyone. I am not a complete Noob as I have been a member since 2014. However due to family issues have not posted here for a very long time. Amazingly I haven't gone back to the weight I was when I first joined MFP. However I still have a lot to lose. I am aiming for around 40lbs. I am on the "Fast 800" plan by Dr Michael Mosley. I then plan to move over to the 5:2 plan by the same guy. So far I am having amazing results. Anyone want to join me?
This discussion has been closed.