The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello again! Today is week 2 of pulling myself out of bed at 5am for morning workout, and today is also day 1 of logging! The hardest part of this this for me is exercising, so I needed to get that under control FIRST!! Here I go!

On top of re-committing myself to this process, I have begun working on getting myself back. After being completely lost in motherhood and wifedom for the past 10 years, I am finally giving myself the gift of free time! I am going to find within myself what it is I love, and doing things for ME! I will never put my daughter last in this process, but it is very important to focus on myself as well! Lowering my stress levels and being more relaxed is essential to my happiness! And as they all say - happy mama, happy family. lol!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hello again! Today is week 2 of pulling myself out of bed at 5am for morning workout, and today is also day 1 of logging! The hardest part of this this for me is exercising, so I needed to get that under control FIRST!! Here I go!

On top of re-committing myself to this process, I have begun working on getting myself back. After being completely lost in motherhood and wifedom for the past 10 years, I am finally giving myself the gift of free time! I am going to find within myself what it is I love, and doing things for ME! I will never put my daughter last in this process, but it is very important to focus on myself as well! Lowering my stress levels and being more relaxed is essential to my happiness! And as they all say - happy mama, happy family. lol!

Congrats on week 2 success. It's important to have you time. If you get too stressed you won't be the best possible you, Mom, or wife you can be. Trust me, your husband and daughter will be grateful for it.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »
    Skating last night with my granddaughter. She improves every week and she just loves it. :)

Great snowshoe hike today. Did one that had a lot of climbing.

z6rq2xt48p45.jpg

I love winter activities. Great hike!!

Have tou guys found someone to give you instruction skating? I don't as contacted by a neighbourhood mom to teach her son. We were going to go tomorrow but he's sick so I'll take my son out instead somewhere. He has curling so I might throw a few rocks while he's playing. I'm trying to take him to as many outdoor rinks as I can this winter.

No, have not found anyone to help us with skating. The young lady I wanted to ask is about to have a baby any day. :(
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    :) Hello all. 35, will be 36 on April (EEEEK)... I have 2 boys, 15 years old and 1-year-old:s yeah I know big gap. Anyways, this momma is back and ready o kick *kitten*. It's been 9 days since I started using my fitness pal, and committed to a workout routine and focused on my eating habits and I am 6 pounds down :)
    Would love to connect with like-minded people. Would love to have support and motivation because this journey is not easy, but its so worth it/ I also signed up for my first 5K Obstacle Race, and I am super-duper scared but really excited to push past my boundaries and step out of my comfort zone.

Awesome work on losing 6 pounds! When is the 5k?
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all. Another snowshoe hike on Sunday. It was a little gentler, but still worked up a sweat! :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Hi all. Another snowshoe hike on Sunday. It was a little gentler, but still worked up a sweat! :)

Very nice!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Skating last night with my granddaughter. She improves every week and she just loves it. :)

Great snowshoe hike today. Did one that had a lot of climbing.

z6rq2xt48p45.jpg

I love winter activities. Great hike!!

Have tou guys found someone to give you instruction skating? I don't as contacted by a neighbourhood mom to teach her son. We were going to go tomorrow but he's sick so I'll take my son out instead somewhere. He has curling so I might throw a few rocks while he's playing. I'm trying to take him to as many outdoor rinks as I can this winter.

No, have not found anyone to help us with skating. The young lady I wanted to ask is about to have a baby any day. :(

Darn babies. I'm sure you'll find someone. There's usually someone willing to help out at rinks
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Today was curling and we won. Yay!!!

The old perv only put his arm around my once. I'm a bit sad though. This series is really short but I'm really liking the skip I got this time. He's super humble and sweet. There's a bonspiel coming up maybe I'll get to play with him for that.

It's always a bit weird when I'm sitting at the club and my ex husband walks into the bar Hahah. He's also a member but plays squash. Thank goodness I've no aptitude for racquet sports
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, or evening. Bad news from the dentist today. After years of asthma inhaler use, my upper front teeth are rotten and have to be pulled. The good news is I will be under anesthesia for this so I'll get a good nap :)

In other news, there is a group sponsoring a blood moon hike this coming Sunday evening at one of my favorite hiking spots. I will be going with my 12 year old daughter who has quickly become my hiking buddy. Can't wait.

Looking forward to a good week. Stay healthy my friends.

Aww, I'm sorry about your teeth Steve.. hopefully you'll have no problems with your new choppers 🙂
    That sounds like some quality dad and daughter time
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I’m 44, will be 45 in March. Single mother of 1 but she has so much energy it feels like I’m a mother of 8! I got back on the healthy track just over a week ago. I joined MFP in 2013 at 183lbs and didn’t do much with it. 6 years later I’ve gained 100lbs from stress and depression. My new start date was 1/7/19 and I’ve lost 9.3 lbs so far...... I have a long way to go but I’m in it for the long haul. I want to be around to see my daughter grow up and create a life of her own. My short term goal is to lose 50lbs by my birthday (3/11). My long term goal is to lose 120lbs by this time next year.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I’m 44, will be 45 in March. Single mother of 1 but she has so much energy it feels like I’m a mother of 8! I got back on the healthy track just over a week ago. I joined MFP in 2013 at 183lbs and didn’t do much with it. 6 years later I’ve gained 100lbs from stress and depression. My new start date was 1/7/19 and I’ve lost 9.3 lbs so far...... I have a long way to go but I’m in it for the long haul. I want to be around to see my daughter grow up and create a life of her own. My short term goal is to lose 50lbs by my birthday (3/11). My long term goal is to lose 120lbs by this time next year.

Keep up the good work! You will get there!
  • mabeach76
    mabeach76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add. Middle aged.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all, my first day of logging was not so bad. Have an awesome day!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Had another great snowshoe last night, but then ate those calories back and more. Ugh. Thank goodness, today is a new day.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, or evening. Bad news from the dentist today. After years of asthma inhaler use, my upper front teeth are rotten and have to be pulled. The good news is I will be under anesthesia for this so I'll get a good nap :)

In other news, there is a group sponsoring a blood moon hike this coming Sunday evening at one of my favorite hiking spots. I will be going with my 12 year old daughter who has quickly become my hiking buddy. Can't wait.

Looking forward to a good week. Stay healthy my friends.

Aww, I'm sorry about your teeth Steve.. hopefully you'll have no problems with your new choppers 🙂
    That sounds like some quality dad and daughter time

Thanks Jo. I'm going to have diamond encrusted choppers made. Then I'll wear a clock around my neck and go Yeah Boooiiii!! :joy:

I love having my daughter as a hiking buddy. I just wish I could get my other daughter interested in something she and I can do together. She's too busy with school, sport, and work. The life of a teenager.

Hope you have a great day!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hello! Halp... send more friends! :) I'm 43, single, and MFP needs to be be hobby again. Just started a 6 week challenge at my gym to get back on track. Was bored/broke and slightly anxious with OrangeTheory but considering the consequences, I may need to go back! :p (Was in great shape, just never felt like I had a "goal", and dislike 3G.)
  • RobbL74
    RobbL74 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add this returning failure. I got to my heaviest ever in life. 43 was not kind to me. Or rather I was not kind to it. 44 will be different. I was in the best shape of my life 3 years ago and I need to get back there. If you want some laughs while we are all fighting the good fight then feel free to add me.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Tuesday my middle aged buddies. I was physio today. Felt great while I was there but now it's a bit sore. Where's my Aleve
    Hope you are having a fun day and week so far. I think I might find an outdoor rink to skate on after lunch. it's not too cold out so why not!