Using up calories difficult

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    trokey2110 wrote: »
    I would share my profile but not sure on how to do it ?
    No I weigh everything I eat and track calories burned I don’t eat unhealthy foods I eat Alpen for breakfasts and peanut butter sandwich for dinner then I’ll eat homemade soup for dinner followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries and dinner I will eat chicken breast with veg if that helps

Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Maybe if we could see what you are filling up on we could make better suggestions.

Settings... diary settings... Change it to public, and then you can change it back to private whenever you want.

Late to the party, but are we still waiting on a peek at the diary? It would be really helpful to have more information before diving into what the OP should do or not do.
  • trokey2110
    trokey2110 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’ve set my diary to public
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I really do suspect this is a logging issue. Check out the Logging Accurately post I linked to, and commit to really accurate and consistent logging for a couple of weeks, That will give you a good handle on where you really are and what you need to do going forward :drinker:
  • trokey2110
    Options

I really do suspect this is a logging issue. Check out the Logging Accurately post I linked to, and commit to really accurate and consistent logging for a couple of weeks, That will give you a good handle on where you really are and what you need to do going forward :drinker:
    logging issue? As in what way ..and the link ?

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i just looked at today - but you had 1 measure that was "a bowl" - how are you defining a bowl - what is the weight associated with that diary entry
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

For example, the bowl of potato and leek soup you logged today, did you create that entry yourself using the recipe builder? Or was it an entry that was already in the database?
  • trokey2110
    Options
    As I’m a cereal bowl
    i just looked at today - but you had 1 measure that was "a bowl" - how are you defining a bowl - what is the weight associated with that diary entry

• trokey2110
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

For example, the bowl of potato and leek soup you logged today, did you create that entry yourself using the recipe builder? Or was it an entry that was already in the database?

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

many missing days and meals but based on what you have, and i'll assume portions are appropriate (highly recommend a scale) it would be super easy to either add a snack here and there or eat two slices of bread VS 1. eat 2 tablespoons of PB vs 1 (do measure by weight though, this is a place mannny people under log because 1 "tablespoon" is misleading, best to weigh)

do you cook your veggies in the microwave or in a skillet? what about your chicken do you use any oil?

stick something in your yogurt. nuts, granola.

add a small amount of rice or quinoa with your dinner.

• trokey2110
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

• diannethegeek
    Options
    Okay, so looking back at just the month of January, you only have 1 day where you reached 1500 calories. And you have a lot of unlogged or partially logged days. The exercise calories don't seem terribly out of whack to me, but you aren't reaching even your base calories most days. Just to be sure, are you using a food scale for everything you have logged in grams or is that an estimate? You seem to eat exactly 100 grams a lot and that would be unusual unless you're, for instance, shredding or cutting a chicken breast until you get the exact amount you want.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

The first few days seem not fully filled out, and yesterday might not be.

Focusing on 1/14 first: are you sure you only had one tbsp of peanut butter? If so, eat more, that's an easy solution, but normally it's easy to eat more than you think. Also, why generic entry? Use the information for your own peanut butter.

Only one slice of bread? Is that the bread you ate?

Was the muesli eaten dry? How did you measure the amount?

How did you measure the chicken breast amount?

Are the brands exactly what you got? 100 g -- again, how did you measure?

Those two meals don't look especially filling, are you really saying that's all you ate and you can't eat more?

1/15: exact same amounts as the day before seems unlikely -- how are you measuring?

Exactly 100 g of blueberries?

Homemade entries are someone else's recipe -- what precisely was the potato and leek soup?

Exactly 100 g of chicken breast? Did you use any oil in cooking it?

Again, precise same amounts as before.

There are lots of nutrient-dense ways to up those calories, but logging can also be difficult at first, so it's worth making sure you aren't missing any items or calories.
  • diannethegeek
    Options

Kimny gave you a handful of links a couple of comments up that would be useful reading. Just to check, can you see them? I know they sometimes show up weird if you're using a screen reader or other device. The logging one in particular is this one: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Focusing on 1/14 first: are you sure you only had one tbsp of peanut butter? If so, eat more, that's an easy solution, but normally it's easy to eat more than you think. Also, why generic entry? Use the information for your own peanut butter.

Those two meals don't look especially filling, are you really saying that's all you ate and you can't eat more?

1/15: exact same amounts as the day before seems unlikely -- how are you measuring?

Homemade entries are someone else's recipe -- what precisely was the potato and leek soup?

There are lots of nutrient-dense ways to up those calories, but logging can also be difficult at first, so it's worth making sure you aren't missing any items or calories.

Seems to me that OP is going by nutrition label servings. Like, peanut butter jar label shows nutrition per tablespoon, so OP thinks they should have just one table spoon. Bread label shows nutrition per slice...
  • trokey2110
    Options
    As I’ve stated I weigh the blueberries chicken etc the only thing I didn’t count was the milk on the muesli

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    As I’ve stated I weigh the blueberries chicken etc the only thing I didn’t count was the milk on the muesli

Why didn't you count the milk?