P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

joining in, I did 40 Days of P90 before going two weeks in vacations and jumped in P90X on the 15, though as I like my starting day to be the sunday, I am following the schedule as if I started sunday, so today was Kenpo X and I loved every minute of it.
    Hardest so far was leg and back yesterday, I never felt a burn like I did during the third round of calf raises!!

As for calories, I go with the manual info and log 600 calories for a completed workout + 100 for the ab ripper X.

I read that stretch is between 150 and 200 if you do it on your rest day.

KPP!
  • monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    After one week of P90X I have to say that I LOVE this workout!! The fact that is so challenging makes me want to keep on coming back and trying it again!

For those of you who started this week, how was your very first week?
  • Alderaic
    Options
    first week was great, my legs are still a bit sore, which is new, as I was never that sore doing P90,

looking forward to week 2
  • Alderaic
    Options
    Rest day today, I did cardio X, which is a nice quick and easy workout, plus I'm getting out tonight so it helps!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yoga done and dusted for me today.

I am still struggling at times but I got through once again,so all good...:smile:

Have a great sunday everyone and enjoy your workouts ,if you have them.If not ,then enjoy and appreciate the rest,your aching muscles will.....:smile:
  • vellacraptor
    Options
    I just got this as my friend suggested it...I'm doing more of a hybrid version though since I don't have the resources to do everything to a T, haha. Plus it's kind of confusing to me.
    Did the cardio this morning though~!
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Legs and Back X and Ab Ripper X all done
  • lisa451999
    Options
    I finished up week one today with Kenpo. I had so much fun during this workout that it almost didn't feel like a workout. My husband is a boxer and has taught me some things over the years plus I took muay thai once for 6 months or so. I was pretending that I was fighting for the world championship. ha ha. After week one, I am hooked. If I keep this up and keep following the diet plan there is no excuse for me not to get in the best shape of my life. How did everyone's week go? I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Leg's/Back X and Ab Ripper X done today. Highest burn yet for this particular exercise routine,so a good positive there.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:-) I started Round 5 of the classic program on 8/20... Today was my yoga day which normally I love but I felt the need for something a bit more aggressive today so I went for a nice challenging run instead...sometimes you gotta beat the stress out on the pavement, kwim? Anyway, would love to check in here as well if it's not too late? Cheers!
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Welcome NavyWifeTwinMom!

Ran for over 3 miles as my warm up to Kenpo X.

So for the week - over 470 minutes worked out and over 5400 calories burned. Arms still sore given the new upper body routines in phase 2
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Cooking up more P90X meals for the week. :-)
  • ntillberg
    ntillberg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just signed up with myfitnesspal. I did P90X 2 years ago and lost 20 pounds. It was the best I've ever felt. I recently started again but kind of sporadic...about 2-3X week. Tomorrow I intend to start the program seriously again...everyday. Fingers crossed.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    Chest and Back finished, Ab Ripper as well.
    I also did 30 minutes stretch this morning.

Going to be in an hotel for the rest of the week, I will change pull ups to use bands, though I'll bring my weights. They have a nice fitness room too so I will make sure to use it!

Nice feeling, love the workout. any tips for assisted pullups to make sure your chair doesnt move?
  • LatinCaliGirl
    LatinCaliGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My P90X arrived yesterday and I'll be starting week 1 on Monday. Looking forward to the challenge and hope to keep with all of you. It's my first time doing P90X.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    Options
    Kenpo day! Drenched in sweat at the end and burned 555 Cal's. According to my HRM. Great start to my day...off to conquer the world!
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hey,

Kenpo done for me too.
    What a great way to start the week.

Have a good day everyone.
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Just finished the Chest & Back dvd. One week down and 11 to go!!
  • rowerc2
    Options
    Chest Shoulders Triceps done, plus ran 3 miles
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    Options
    Threw in the first 45 minutes of yoga today to try and access my inner 'zen'... ran on Sunday instead of doing Yoga, so I thought "Why Not?"

Hope everyone else found their 'zen' at some point today! Keep pressing play!

Cheers!