The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Dem boot gods are testy! I tend not to buy boots or shoes that need shining because I'm not very good about keeping up with stuff like that. I did get finally get all my boots waterprooffed, which took some doing because, well, I'm a bit of a boot junkie.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    It was only because the new sherrif came to visit the office this morning. Not like it was a line up at attention inspection so why I actually shined them is still a mystery. Glutten for punishment I guess. I've gotta say though, the new sherrif was quit impressed with what we have to do sometimes to do the kind of work we do.
  • jennifer_417
    Well, it's always good to impress the boss people, especially right out the gate!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,187 Member
    It was chilly coming in tonight. The weather said it was supposed to be 25 for the low, but it got down to 14 degrees F. I was dressed for 25 degrees. That got a bit chilly!. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    @sufferlandrian - it makes my eyes water just thinking about riding a bike at 24F, let alone 14F! Whew!
  • sufferlandrian
    @Jennifer - I ride with glasses until it's below 20 degrees. Once it gets below 20, I wear goggles. :smile: I wear a balaclava pulled up over my mouth and down to my goggles. The only exposed skin is my nose. I haven't figured out how to cover my nose and still breathe. :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Dang it! Just lost a puppy. He got pneumonia and we couldn't get ahead of it. Not my favorite part of the job.
  • jennifer_417
    Without scuba gear, your poor nose is probably out of luck.

Sorry about the puppy! Poor little guy.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi all, regs and noobies. Crazy life means I haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone on MFP. Let's just say flu outbreak, elderly parents in hospital, husband quite ill, dad falls at senior home, psych interview and questionnaire coming up re: PTSD from attack ( expected to be 4+ hours), upcoming call from RCMP re: detention guard position..... I could go on but.... :s Good to see you all here!
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. That is a full plate! Sorry you have all that going on. Hope some of it starts to resolve soon. RCMP would be a good job, but detention guard seems like it would suck.
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2019
    @canadjineh- Yooo, that's a lot! I hope everything works out the way you want it to! I'm in the process of trying to transition my mom into assisted living, and it's a mess.

OK, having gained nearly all of the weight back that I lost a few years ago, it's really really time to have another serious go at it again. Here's to getting it done for real this time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Yeah!!! It's finally snowing in earnest. 4 inches so far and more coming. :smile: I'm breaking out the Fat Tire bike. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    This one's for you, @sufferlandrian
    ahnxtksaj6u0.png
  • jennifer_417
    So, the girl that cuts my hair told me a while back that tea tree oil is a good treatment for flaky scalp. I decided to give it a try, but I think I might have overdone it, because 2 days, 3 washes, and 2 conditionings later, it still smells like tea tree oil. Thankfully, I like the smell, but my roommate says it smells like turpentine.
  • canadjineh
    @jennifer_417 Haha, yeah, tea tree oil is an 'acquired taste', kinda like eucalyptus. Can you mix it into a carrier? like a mousse or gel? or maybe an almond oil or avocado oil to make a mask for your hair/scalp before washing out? I have some and it's very potent, I often use the essential oils straight on my skin but not that one :o
  • jennifer_417
    edited January 2019
    I have had pretty good luck with tea tree oil for various skin issues, but yeah, I think if I try it on my scalp again, I might mix it with coconut oil. Hopefully it'll even out the smell a bit. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do it again, though, because it actually seems to have irritated my scalp some.
  • canadjineh
    DUH, forgot coconut!
  • sufferlandrian
    canadjineh wrote: »
    This one's for you, @sufferlandrian
    ahnxtksaj6u0.png

Hey! I want one of those. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Well, after all the fuss, the tea tree oil seems to have done the trick! Nary a flake in sight. I'll just have to remember to wash my hair an extra time or two next time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. A tea tree oil therapy that actually worked. :smile: I wish I had $5 dollars for every time a client came in with a dog drenched in tea tree oil for something it has no effect on. Worse, a lot of times we are now treating a skin rash in addition to the real problem.

@Jennifer - Glad it worked.