Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    So, I'm working for the weekend, as in working all weekend :D

Corny? Yes

Who's with me?

Me me me! I'll be busy with currently the only one working weekends after the most recent hire didn't work out.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I LOVE you guys! Ya'll are so helpful. :grin:

ETA: I Googled and I need to stick to my current max of 2 cups of coffee a day.
    I plan on incorporating more fiber as well since that is a thing too. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but if I had to cut back on my energy drinks, it would KILL me! I have cut back on quite a bit of caffeine though since I got another vet working. Starting in April I'll have another part time vet. I'm not going to know what to do with myself! :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian That is a wonderful problem to have :+1: I bet your family will be happy to have you around more too.

I had to quite caffeine last August and haven't looked back. The most I get is from a cup of green tea at work. It was rough for about a month. I still get a hankering for my sugar free red bulls every once in a while.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I just spent two weeks without caffeine and didn't miss it but if I run into a long weekend you can bet I'll be sucking it down. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I had to cut back on the caffeine lately because I realized it was contributing to my sleep problems. I don't drink much coffee, but I still get plenty!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I had to cut back on the caffeine lately because I realized it was contributing to my sleep problems. I don't drink much coffee, but I still get plenty!

I only get my 2 cups, but when if I time it right, I sleep okay and I wake up and do it all over again!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Fun little site http://www.caffeineinformer.com/death-by-caffeine
    by no means is it medical advice but for those curious, how much caffeine do you need to down in a day for it to potentially kill you.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    by no means is it medical advice but for those curious, how much caffeine do you need to down in a day for it to potentially kill you.

Oh SNAP!
    I was drinking damn near 3 times what I should be allowed! :lol:

69.1, 8oz cups and I'd be a goner. :laugh:
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Okay my night shift peeps, funny story.... So... here was was pulling in my driveway yesterday morning and I remember that my better half had had told me at the beginning of my shift that the garage door was not working and she had parked outside. Me being who I am, of course I had to try the remote. No joy, the dang thing will no go up and appears to have buckled. Right about then, I remember that I had given my house key to our neighbors the last time I went out of town, and I had not retrieved it yet. Since it was the wee hours of the morning, I was not going to go pounding on the neighbors door, and unfortunately the wife had already left for work. What is a guy to do? Well I will tell you what, insert NSV and I crawled through the doggy door. Of course the dogs were thrilled that dad decided to get down to their level first thing thing in the morning. I could not have done this 8 months ago. Thank you MFP!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    tk6299 wrote: »
    Okay my night shift peeps, funny story.... So... here was was pulling in my driveway yesterday morning and I remember that my better half had had told me at the beginning of my shift that the garage door was not working and she had parked outside. Me being who I am, of course I had to try the remote. No joy, the dang thing will no go up and appears to have buckled. Right about then, I remember that I had given my house key to our neighbors the last time I went out of town, and I had not retrieved it yet. Since it was the wee hours of the morning, I was not going to go pounding on the neighbors door, and unfortunately the wife had already left for work. What is a guy to do? Well I will tell you what, insert NSV and I crawled through the doggy door. Of course the dogs were thrilled that dad decided to get down to their level first thing thing in the morning. I could not have done this 8 months ago. Thank you MFP!

When I was in high school, and 145 pounds, that was my go-to way of getting in the house if I forgot my house key. :lol:

Congratulations!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    :lol: That's awesome that you were able to get in!
  • bethanie0825
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Sweet Jesus I could drink eight 8.4oz Sugar Free Red Bulls a day! And still be safe...holy crap.

And 200 can I'd be okay but another half a can I'd be a goner! :D:D
  • TK6299
    Options
    I was very happy to get in. Eight months ago I was 183 lbs, and now I am 145 lbs.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Down to less than 7 hours to go. I'm ready for sleep and not coming back to work when I wake up.
  • TK6299
    Options
    6 1/2 here!!! But... today is FRIDAY. One day off, then back at it. OT for my second day off.
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ANNNND Jeanette called in AGAIN!

This time she was in Copperas Cove and 'hit a very large raccoon' and all the car rental places are closed because it's Easter... REALLY?!

Whatever. It's fine. I hope she enjoys another 3 day ****ing weekend. AGAIN!

I worked an extra long week last week by coming in on a Thursday I was supposed to have off. The week before that I pulled almost 22 hours of overtime. She pulls ONE 12 hour shift and suddenly she has a migraine two days later or she calls in on Sunday after having Friday and Saturday off.

• TK6299
    Options
    Sorry @lilaclovebird, I know how much working a ton of OT sucks. 32 hrs this pay period for me.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    No OT for me until May. At least as of right now. I'll pick up a partial shift here and there as often as I can just so it's not quite so tight between paydays.

At my other agency, we had to pull on call and it got to the point where they had to cut us off at 5, 12 hours shifts in a row. And this was not voluntary OT. People wouldn't come to work. I know that crap and frustration well. She sounds like she would've fit in at my old agency just fine @lilaclovebird

I can't stand lazy peeps one bit.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Rough day in the ER. Hopefully I can keep this last surgery alive. Ate a magnet and for some reason it ate a hole in the small intestines and the colon right next to it. Had to take out three inches of small intestines and close the hole in the colon. Hope it stays closed.