Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    Just started night shift!

welcome to the circus

What?! Was that some sort of shot at my Chimps, bro? Because some of them ARE from the circus and they were VERY MISTREATED! :rage::rage::rage:

:tongue: :kissing_heart:

Note: I'm just *kitten* with you.

Although, we DO have a retired circus chimp and many former lab subjects that were mistreated. :cry:

bahahahaha!! But boo for the mistreated ones. People suck.

Sorry to hear about the boob scare. I hope they find nothing and it is just some pulled muscles. I had a boob scare myself about 18 months ago. No fun at all.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lilaclovebird-I hope its just a scare and that they don't find anything. That must be scary.

I think I'm more stressed about just making the damn appointment. I have no idea when I can schedule it because my *kitten* coworkers keep calling in sick. I've been here for another unscheduled, surprise 12 hour shift. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep because my lieutenant woke me up to let me know I was getting 'voluntold' to work it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Lilaclovebird-I hope its just a scare and that they don't find anything. That must be scary.

I think I'm more stressed about just making the damn appointment. I have no idea when I can schedule it because my *kitten* coworkers keep calling in sick. I've been here for another unscheduled, surprise 12 hour shift. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep because my lieutenant woke me up to let me know I was getting 'voluntold' to work it.

Hope it's nothing serious and 12 hr shift with 4 hrs of sleep? eww.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    So those that live in a area that does the spring forward time thing that happens today, how does that affect you with working nights at your job? I luckily still get credited 8hrs even though I only was here for 7. They do get me back later in the year during the Fall when time goes back 1 hr in which I work 9 hrs but get paid for 8 hrs.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    So those that live in a area that does the spring forward time thing that happens today, how does that affect you with working nights at your job? I luckily still get credited 8hrs even though I only was here for 7. They do get me back later in the year during the Fall when time goes back 1 hr in which I work 9 hrs but get paid for 8 hrs.

I have to stay an extra hour to get paid for my full 12...I'm unsure if this is actually optional or not...
    And when we Fall back, we stay until relief shows up at 7am and get paid for 8 hours.

Basically, tonight/this morning, we only HAVE to stay until our relief shows up at 7am. If we want our full 8 hours worth of pay, we have to stay until 8am.
    When we fall back, we HAVE to stay until our relief shows up at 7am, and we get paid for 8 hours.....
    This time travel stuff is screwy.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

We worked 11 and will get paid for 12. In the fall if we have to work it, we'll work 13 and get paid for 12. Our relief comes in the same time regardless.
  • bellajan17
    bellajan17 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I work 2nd shift and sometimes 3rd if my workers call in...how's everyone doing?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Back from Vegas, recovering from the flu I picked up while there. The flu sucks. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Back from Vegas, recovering from the flu I picked up while there. The flu sucks. :smile:

Yes it does. :mask: Please don't share.

For my lunch today, my dad made me this AMAZING Chicken Salad. Let's start with, he never makes my lunch, I always make it myself, so that was SUPER nice of him.

He said he felt sorry for me having to work so much.
    And I'm eating it right now and it is the MOST DELICIOUS EFFING THING I'VE EVER EATEN IN MAH WHOLE LIFE! :love:

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I'm sitting here eating whatever bland food I can find in the kitchen. The tortillas are gone so I guess the saltines are next. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon @sufferlandrian

I'm having my favorite late night meal of a baked potato and chili from Wendy's. I know it's cheaper and healthier if I make it myself but I love Wendy's <3
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered.... do people who work the nightshift eat breakfast during their lunch break... since that's early morning, right?

Or do you eat breakfast after you get off work?

Or.... j/k

• bethanie0825
    Options
    Well I eat breakfast when I wake up in the afternoon...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Well I eat breakfast when I wake up in the afternoon...

That's when I 'break' my 'fast' too.... I am pretty sure that's why they call it "breakfast". Although, now it's just my 8pm-12am meal in my diary. :mrgreen:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Oh I don't usually eat typical breakfast food. It's just my first meal. I like cereal most as a snack or after workout noms.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I feel like throwing up.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Now I feel better!

Stupid allergies with their post nasal drip nonsense!

Another 12 hours! YAY! And it's only Monday... :weary:

I'll be waiting for Gerwick to be calling in on Wednesday or Thursday. :angry:
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - i hope that whatever this odd discovery of your is turns out to be something insignificant.

I've found out firsthand this past month that it pretty much sux to know for certain that something ain't right, but not to know what it is.

truly glad to be back on evenings...especially post DST, when I can go out and walk in the remaining daylight after everybody else has gone home. I'm gonna enjoy this little grace period between now and when the bugs show up as much as I possibly can.

i've been floating back and forth between 201 and 201.8 for a few days now. the last time I weighed less than 200, I was 21/22 years old at the most. Ronald Reagan was still President.

At the time, I think I even owned one pair of size 34 jeans.

I'm down to easily fitting into 36's now - down from 42 this time last year.

Oh, and when I hit 199, that'll be the 80 pound mark for me as well.

I'm holding myself to making that mark within the next 7 to 10 days.

i've GOT this.

how's everybody else? other than quiet, that is....

• BodyByBex
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird - i hope that whatever this odd discovery of your is turns out to be something insignificant.

I've found out firsthand this past month that it pretty much sux to know for certain that something ain't right, but not to know what it is.

truly glad to be back on evenings...especially post DST, when I can go out and walk in the remaining daylight after everybody else has gone home. I'm gonna enjoy this little grace period between now and when the bugs show up as much as I possibly can.

i've been floating back and forth between 201 and 201.8 for a few days now. the last time I weighed less than 200, I was 21/22 years old at the most. Ronald Reagan was still President.

i've GOT this.

Not dead yet. :smile:

Congratulations on your loss so far! I'm hoping to be able to make a BIG credit card payment this month and get this thing under freaking control.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

i've GOT this.

You definitely have this!!

I'm getting over my head cold but now the trees are in full bloom so now I got allergies. And they are causing my cough to hang around. It needs to GTFO. I'm over it. :smiley:

Other than that, got two shifts of work before my weekend off. :+1: