Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Never assume your dog can't get on the counter to get that bottle of pills. And don't tell me he couldn't have eaten any when the drug test is telling otherwise.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Fortunately the dog vomited most of the drugs up and is doing much better now. She'll go home in the morning.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Denial, not just a river in Egypt :s
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I'm dying! I have a cat the owner treated with the dog's tick medication. Cats and Pyrethrans, Permethrans, etc don't mix. I've been treating this cat for tremors all night. At least this morning she is up and looking for attention. Still can't eat though.

We have two separate boxes, one for dogs and one for cat. We pull out one box, treat that group of animals, put the box back, and grab the other box. They are clearly labeled so there's no confusion in meds and treatments and we have it scheduled so we can take our time with torturing our animals with their treatments. :relaxed:

Fortunately the dog vomited most of the drugs up and is doing much better now. She'll go home in the morning.

Liam gets his little paws up on the counters ALL the time. We wouldn't put it past him, he's capable of anything. Well, except letting Tessa get attention if he's in the room. :expressionless:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Last night before two days off.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Last night before two days off.

YAY!

I have tonight and then tomorrow night and then I get Wednesday and Thursday off. My hope is to get gym time done by 5:45pm so my partner can make it to her son's transition thingy... He's moving up grades. In the middle of the year. Doesn't surprise me, both his parents are geniuses*...

*Note: Not sure if that is 'official' or not, but they are pretty freaking smart.

I should be hanging out with SSP on Wednesday night, if everything goes according to plan(how often does THAT happen?) and he plans on introducing me to one of his friends. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but what ever. They'll be having a few beers and I'll be drinking water. :blush: Going strong on the no alcohol thing for sure this time.

Priced plane tickets for my sister's wedding and if I REALLY control my spending the next couple months, I SHOULD be able to afford it and the new strapless bra to go with the dress.
    I got measured and it looks like I'm a 30G which is meh. It has me worried though because if I keep losing body fat percentage, I might end up being a 28 band size and that means I will NEVER find a bra at Walmart ever again. They aren't going to carry a 28DD+. :weary:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If I keep eating like I did this weekend, I'll be a 40 DD in a Manzier. Today has been pretty good for eating but the weather sucks so I never got out riding.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    If I keep eating like I did this weekend, I'll be a 40 DD in a Manzier. Today has been pretty good for eating but the weather sucks so I never got out riding.

:laugh:

Well I've been doing MUCH better now that my fitbit is adjusting to me and how much I ACTUALLY move. I'm at a new all time adult low! 164.0! POINT ZERO!
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Weekends are usually my downfall as far as my fitness/eating go, but I did pretty well this past one. Feels like I'm making up for it tonight though! Starving and all I have is protein bars... Think I've had my protein allowance for a few days now!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate it when I'm looking at my food and my stomach says that's not enough. :smile: That's usually when I start hitting the community food like chips and cookies that clients leave for us. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Slow night. I got an hour in on the exercise bike. The wind today was pretty nasty so I'm glad I got a ride in while I'm at work.
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Slow night. I got an hour in on the exercise bike. The wind today was pretty nasty so I'm glad I got a ride in while I'm at work.

At least you got some time in, which is great! Some time is better than 0 time.

It's now Tuesday and I have weight lifting today at 4:30pm instead of 5pm. So I'll be up earlier than normal, but hopefully I can pop back home for a nap before my shift starts. I did have plans to go for a run today but that is a wash due to the schedule modification and my desperate need for sleep.

Maybe I won't get a spontaneous call that I have to report to Smithville Campus instead of Bastrop again. I had to get gas at a price $0.04/gallon higher than I wanted to, so that was upsetting. Plans for refilling at a lower price this afternoon were ruined all because Jeanette had another 'migraine'. I'm pretty well convinced she doesn't get migraines, she gets 'I just don't feel like going to work tonight'. We all get that sometimes and show up anyway, but now she basically has a 'get out of work and get paid for it' card that no one else has. :angry:

I guess she asked SSP if her son could borrow his motorcycle or his truck for a few days because his vehicle is having issues. He said no, and understandably so. I wouldn't be about to ship any of MY vehicles to Copperas Cove, TX for several days to have some idiot I don't know drive it around while he 'looks for work'. Maybe I'm a b__ch like that.

ETA: I'm hoping I can get at least SOME time on the elliptical before I got to sleep today. I'd give a lot for a treadmill these days...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have to agree on the not letting someone I don't know use my vehicle. I can't believe she would ask! Doesn't he have any friends? If he doesn't have any friends that would let him use their vehicle, why should you let him use your vehicle?
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    There are few people that I do know that I would let drive my cars and even fewer (almost none) that I would let ride my bikes!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    She complains about being in a financial bind all the time and she went out and bought a motorcycle for her to ride to and from work and she's loaning one of her cars(Ford Focus) to her son.

I repeat, she has financial problems and BOUGHT A MOTORCYCLE.

There is NO logic...I can't... I... Ugh 10 hours left.

Oh yeah, I'm pulling a 12 hour shift to cover for the first half of dayshift because he went and got himself a confirmed case of Zika virus. :expressionless:
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    been on dayshift (on light duty) for a couple of weeks now, after managing to pull off some kind of quadriceps/groin pull/strain/tear of some sort. literally could not sit for a week and a half without intense pain.

recovering slowly, but recovering...hoping to be back on my normal shift within a couple of weeks. not sure if it could be called a silver lining, but lost another 15+ pounds from the whole immobility/loss of appetite thing that accompanies this sort of situation.

oh, and because it's being handled as a workers' compensation scenario, i'm receiving priority attention and the absolute best care available. (end sarcasm)

good to catch up with posts, though...it's been a while.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    There are few people that I do know that I would let drive my cars and even fewer (almost none) that I would let ride my bikes!

Amen to that! I've got one bike I'll let a select group of people ride. The rest are off limits. That one bike is my Fat Tire. It's pretty indestructible. :smile:
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    I'm talking motorcycles...but YEP!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let someone I barely know drive my vehicles either. And I def have a case of I don't want to be at work tonight. Tomorrow night will be worse bc it's my last night before my three day weekend. But, I'm here :|

@hamptontom I hope you heal up as quick as possible.

I haven't had much of a chance to work out at all. And I can't tonight or tomorrow night. Hubby is out of town so I have to wait for his son's stepmom to come and get him which makes me late to work. I use my break so I'm not technically late. *sighs*

I just want this week over with.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    One more night this week and I'm off for a week. That hasn't happened in six years! Don't know what I'll do with myself. :)