Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Work day 2 or 4 but today is just an 8 hours OT so I did it to myself. I'm a glutton from punishment I guess. And I need the moolah.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    14 hours to go! I'm dying. I still need to take something out of a dogs intestines. The referring vet thought it was a bone but it's not showing up on X-Rays. Guess I'll know in about 2 hours.
  • jefishin61
    jefishin61 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So sleepy. Only gotta make it to 6am. Working 12 hr swings suck. I was told 15yrs ago I "would get used to it" Ha. It's not bad until the overtime days start adding up. Come on April. Vacation time
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate having to choose between one I know I can save and one I think I can save but I can't save both. I feel bad for the owners.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    IRS took my tax return for an outstanding balance. My ex-husband is an idiot. I'm never getting married again, filing taxes jointly with someone again, or probably ever living with anyone again. This is a giant catastrophe of epic proportions.

He TOLD me he had taken CARE of this. I'm pissed. :angry: :rage:

ETA: I've lost 1.4 pounds..so I have THAT going for me which is nice.
    Knowing my luck this week, it's probably just water weight that will be back tomorrow....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just don't eat potato chips tonight. :smile: Too much salt and you will retain fluids.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just don't eat potato chips tonight. :smile: Too much salt and you will retain fluids.

Too late :neutral:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I ran out yesterday so I'm safe there. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I don't have many chips left, I ate most of them an hour ago :(
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Blah, people are stupid and mean to each other.
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Last night I was really hungry and I ate a packet of ham cause idk over tired or something. I retained 2lbs of water and felt bloated all day today. Blah. Horrible feeling. At least I'm mostly back to feeling like myself again
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Gotta love when the dog you just saved continues to do well. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Woot woot!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I do not wanna go to this meeting in 3 hours.

Someone dented the Kubota (Not a tractor, it's like a diesel 4 wheeling golf cart...sorta) that we drive around in for some patrols, and I'M the 'bad guy' because I reported it and no one has any idea where the damage came from. People wanna throw other people under the bus and I'm just over here like "How about when we hit things, we just tell somebody that we hit something, make the incident report, and move on?"

No one gets in trouble for breaking something and reporting it. You get in trouble when you break something and then you DON'T report it.

So, now I'm getting sh-t from all angles at work. Supervisors asking me questions, other coworkers not saying a darn thing other than "maybe she did it and is trying to cover it up," and I KNOW it's going to be brought up at the meeting. Someone bent one of the handles on one of the Kubota's not too long ago. And the same thing happened. When it was finally reported and then questions were asked, no one said anything. INTEGRITY is in our freaking motto!

I feel like it's only been a year and I'm losing faith and trust in all of my coworkers and here's the shocker, it has nothing to do with SSP. He and Jeanette(magic thyroid pill/migraine chick) are the only ones who seem to have my back in ANY way/shape/form telling me that all I can do is hold to MY integrity and hope for the best and that no matter what, I won't get fired over this. They tell me that what my coworkers think doesn't matter. To not let anyone blame me for this. To continue to improve my skills and performance and when I do something wrong, report it, and demonstrate my own integrity.

It just sucks that now I feel even more like I can't trust or rely on my coworkers for anything.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How can you not know who did it with all the cameras that are around there? It would seem whoever was driving it prior to you reporting it is likely either not saying anything because they didn't report what they should have or they did it.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I hate shady, brown nosing mofos at work. It makes working a million times harder, especially in professions where integrity is absolutely everything. I'm aggravated about work too but it's petty stuff. Our boss is concerned about crap that doesn't matter.

I'm just gonna focus on the fact that I don't have to work tomorrow. And all the OT I've worked will pay off next week.

And THANK GOD I work night shift. I'd probably lose my *kitten* if I worked days with the supervisor. :#:D
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm off for the night. Hope all my peeps are doing well tonight and I'll see all y'all on Thursday! :smile:
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    One of the best parts of working nights is not having to deal with all the "chiefs" running around during the day! It is kinda funny watching some of the guys jump when they see me though because I'm the new sheriff...lol. If only they knew that I can screw off better than any of them! :-P
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Nocs! Glad to find this thread! I really struggle trying to to fit healthy living into the nightshift. Although admittedly, it's pretty satisfying when my fitbit clocks 10,000 steps at 4am, lol. Hope everyone has a great shift tonight! Anyone who needs overnight encouragement, please feel free to add me!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nocs? I like that! Welcome!