Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How's everyone's night going? Hospital is bouncing tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    Today is typically my Friday but I picked up 8 hrs on Saturday and Sunday for some OT.

And I'm glad I did. Due to a dumba$$ installing our heating unit wrong well before we moved in, the compressor died and it's gonna be a grand to replace it and fix what he screwed up.

Yikes! That's gotta hurt. Too bad it passed the home inspection when you moved in. Not much you can do now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Kind of a slow night. I needed that tonight. A couple of rough clients that didn't want to pay after they authorized treatment of their pet. They miraculously came up with the money when I wouldn't release the pet.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Watching the Croods. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm watching River Monsters Unhooked and coloring...so grown up of me.

We the unit failed last winter too but we had a home warranty. The warranty company told them to just the unit running so they did. (don't ever get a home warranty btw) It made it another year before it failed again. We could probably get them in civil court and make them pay for it but I doubt it'd be worth the hassle. When we moved in, he hadn't patched cracks, fixed a hole their lawn mowing put in the siding, nor had he hooked up the dish washer.

And he was a d-bag. I'm sure karma will get him eventually. It almost always does.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Crazy night tonight! I have 25 guys that report to me and it seems that all of them needed something all night long. good thing it's Friday! Looks like the weather may be nice enough to get one of my bikes out this afternoon too. It's been a long winter!
  • zebulonap
    zebulonap Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this thread! I didn't think to look here for other "people of the night". Has been a fairly quiet evening here until the last hour or so. Let's hold out for a few more hours!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    zebulonap wrote: »
    Just discovered this thread! I didn't think to look here for other "people of the night". Has been a fairly quiet evening here until the last hour or so. Let's hold out for a few more hours!

Did...did you just call us hookers?
  • KitchyWitchy
    Options
    Any night shifts feel free to add me. I need motivation after all the norms are asleep.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I think the politically correct term is "professional in public relations".
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Ah, ok. That's all right then. ;)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Any night shifts feel free to add me. I need motivation after all the norms are asleep.

We call them "Day Walkers" here. :wink:

UGH! I got 11 hours of sleep today but I just want more sleep. I think I'm dehydrated but water is SO unappealing right now. In about 3 minutes I start my rounds.

SSP has informed me that he wants me doing 10 calls for service every other hour. That means 40 calls for service PER DAY. BUT he says I can dork around on the internet doing whatever during the other 4 hours of my shift. So I have that going for me.
    He also wants me to get my extra educational courses done and finish the stupid book report. Once I do that, I should gear up for a bang-up evaluation and a good evaluation means a good letter of recommendation to wherever I want to go next. I'll get a letter from SPSO Tate-Ritchie, one from Sergeant Wiland(SSP), AND one from the Lieutenant.

I've also filled out an "Interest Form" to become a police cadet with UTPD-Austin. I'm nervous but I hope they get back to me with and opening soon.

*dances*

ETA: Oh and I cut my hair again yesterday (Thursday).
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    got about 3 hours of sleep during the day....I think the fatigue is finally starting to kick in. but im on 4 hours OT, so hopefully that makes up for it. been a rough week, and getting back to work brings a feeling of "normalcy"
  • KitchyWitchy
    Options
    Hey Nighshifters, I have a question about my news feed. When I complete my diary or exercise it never shows up on my newsfeed. I guess if you complete it after midnight it won't show up. Well, my "day" runs from 4 pm one day until 8 am the next day so of course I always complete mine after midnight and exercise after midnight. For instance, I start recording Saturday at 4pm and stop at Sunday 8am. I record all this under Saturday. I tried changing my time zone but since I'm west coast there really isn't a time zone that would make it work. Has anyone figured a way around this? Am I missing something?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Bahahahaha!!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hey Nighshifters, I have a question about my news feed. When I complete my diary or exercise it never shows up on my newsfeed. I guess if you complete it after midnight it won't show up. Well, my "day" runs from 4 pm one day until 8 am the next day so of course I always complete mine after midnight and exercise after midnight. For instance, I start recording Saturday at 4pm and stop at Sunday 8am. I record all this under Saturday. I tried changing my time zone but since I'm west coast there really isn't a time zone that would make it work. Has anyone figured a way around this? Am I missing something?

I just changed the names of things and put them all under a 24 hours time period on the same day. If you want the feed to show up you have to check that you want it to be public.
  • KitchyWitchy
    Options

I just changed the names of things and put them all under a 24 hours time period on the same day. If you want the feed to show up you have to check that you want it to be public.

I put all my food on the same day too. The problem I was having was that it wasn't posting on my newsfeed even though the proper boxes are checked to make it public. The reason is if you complete the diary after midnight it won't post. Anyway, the only work around I can find to fix it is filling out my diary one day in the future.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

I put all my food on the same day too. The problem I was having was that it wasn't posting on my newsfeed even though the proper boxes are checked to make it public. The reason is if you complete the diary after midnight it won't post. Anyway, the only work around I can find to fix it is filling out my diary one day in the future.

If you know the reason, why did you ask?

Also, I have no problem with my diary completion showing up on my news feed when I complete it after midnight.
    More often than not, I end up deleting it with the little 'x' in the upper right hand corner, but it always show up in my news feed.
  • denise_niecy2003
    denise_niecy2003 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Night 4 of 5 WOOT woOT!!! B)
  • KitchyWitchy
    Options

If you know the reason, why did you ask?

Also, I have no problem with my diary completion showing up on my news feed when I complete it after midnight.
    More often than not, I end up deleting it with the little 'x' in the upper right hand corner, but it always show up in my news feed.

I found out the answer somewhere else after I asked.