Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    BTW, my birthday was FABULOUS!

I wont go into the details but it was amazing. I'm also restarting the clock on my 6 month sobriety thing :flushed:

Also, I had a hangover that lasted almost 2 days... :confounded: That right there was enough to make me wanna give up alcohol almost for LIFE.
    I made every rookie drinking mistake you could make, and survived. I am no spring chick anymore, and that's okay with me.

I am looking into various different career options right now. Things that will take me farther than where I currently am.

Bottom line: I need more money than I am making now and I need a job that is more fast paced than what I am doing right now.

I LOVE the benefits of this place but I definitely need something better. I can not move up from my current position at this location so I will likely be moving, eventually. I'm still looking around at my options.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,215 Member
    Options
    I hated looking for work to make ends meet. I'm glad I make enough now to keep my kids medical bills taken care of.
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    e6m7dy5jvfcm.jpg

Ahahhahahahahhaahha love it

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    We were doing good with the whole easy weekend till about 0330 this morning. Had a woman call in on the nonemergency line stating she fell out of her chair, wasn't hurt, but needed assistance getting up. As I transfer her over to the PSAP (public safety answering point AKA 911 center) that handles our medical calls, she mentions she called 911 several times and couldn't get thru.

So I call 911 from my cell phone and get the message that my call can't be completed as dialed, check the # and try again.

*kitten*

Spend almost 90 mins on the phone with our 911 provider after we determine it's just one cell provider that can't get thru. Other cell phones can come thru just fine. Come back in this evening and that cell provider's callers still can't get thru. We've told the public so they're informed. Come to find out the guy I talked to for over 90 mins, gave me a fake ticket number and basically told dayshift that it's not their problem.

WTF!?

I take my job seriously. I've heard people die while on the phone with me, heard loved ones beg someone not to die as they tried to do CPR, listened to someone sob on the phone bc his buddy was ahead of him in another vehicle and wrecked, wrapping his truck around a pole and it caught fire.

Do Not Insult My Intelligence

A$$hat will most likely lose his job and the company will lose their contract with us. Seeing as we're now fairly certain that none of a certain cell providers 911 calls have been coming in since we moved into our new center. Well over a week.

Ridiculousness....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Wow...how could someone just not care to that extent? It's not like you're Taco Bell or something, people's lives are literally on the line. That makes me angry.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It was ridiculous. They got it figured out finally. I don't know how no one noticed or didn't say anything. Frickin mess. Hopefully my weekend is more calm and I can get some coloring done lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That would make my blood boil. I wouldn't just want his job. I would want him in jail. I wouldn't make him go to the funeral of anyone that died since that would just add insult to the injury to the family since he probably would make a mockery of it. However, spend some time in jail as Bubba's cell mate and it would most likely get his attention.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    We had that whole 'no communication' thing happen a while back, and that sounds similar. Except ours was handled VERY differently. It took almost 9 hours of 'round the clock and all hands on deck to get our radio towers back up and cell phone access for all local citizens. So that is just F-U-C-K-E-D U-P!

Here's hoping for a quieter weekend for you! :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It took them 17 hours to get it straight. But thankfully, whatever they did seems to have fixed the problem. The VP of the company is supposedly now involved but that's probably the last we'll hear of it unless we change companies.

I finally packed a gym bag and was able to get a quick workout in with actual weights :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm sitting here waiting for someone to find the owner of a dog. It was brought in by the daughters but they can't find the dad who actually owns the dog and the dog has cancer. I hate this part. If he is going to be a dipstick and keep his cell phone on, don't make the dog suffer. He's probably drunk asleep somewhere.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Our computer system goes down all the time..."updates" they call it....I call it negligence, especially when we don't know where our officers are or dispatching is delayed. Our phones don't really have a problem, just our computer system. And when they do "scheduled maintenance" (45 minute downtime has been known to last 3 hours), all the supervisors are suddenly busy doing something else.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    At the place I used to work, the IT guy got fired and our computers wouldn't work for nuts for weeks. They finally hired a contractor (I believe) just to look at our systems, and he had them fixed in about 5 minutes.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Funny how 1 thing can make everything run smooth....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm so tired of "Updates" causing the computers to go down that I'm looking into web based programs rather than server based programs.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's annoying as hell. We were in here Friday night (Saturday morning) and at 1220a, all four of our cad stations shut down to restart. I can't wait till we get this new center figured out.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Coming to the end of a 72 hour shift. Can't come soon enough. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm here and SUPER tired...I gotta stop being so nice to people and just put my foot down. I work nights, so either *kitten* gets done early when I get home, or done late and right before I go off to work! :angry:
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes girl I'm exhausted! *kitten* has got to stop lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm lucky my family is used to me working nights so they try to keep all the noise to parts of the house where it won't wake me up. :smile: