Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm taking the last week of March off to hop on my bike (Motorcycle) and ride down to AZ to visit my folks. Can't wait!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Omg, I thought I slept enough but apparently not. I'm exhausted and I want to eat anything and everything even though I'm really not that hungry. Is it time to either, go upstairs and work out? Or nap time.

ZzzzZzzzZZzzz
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    4 hours left in my week! YAY!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I'm in trouble. I didn't sleep so I could get a work out in and go to a meeting with a state senator. Both were worth it. I'm so glad I have two boxes of 5 hour energy drinks. Is it possible to drink 20 hours of energy in 10 hours?
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I do not feel like going upstairs and working out so I may just chill in my chair. 5.5 hours for me!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Picked up my girl from school. I pushed her bike over to the school and helped her ride home. I'm hoping at least one of my kids gets hooked on the bike. The first two were a bust. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    And a *kitten* who thought he could hide down here in NC will be headed back to a state in the NE. Then he can face that warrant, plus the other 3 jurisdictions who didn't want to extradite from out of state.

Good guys win again!
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    LIKE!
  • rlpomeroy
    Options
    The dayshift area leads normally hand out the paychecks. I cover all 4 areas that each have their own lead on days. one of my guys decides to wait until after midnight to tell me that he never got his check today....and he's headed out of town in the morning. UGGGGG....not much I can do about it now
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    And a *kitten* who thought he could hide down here in NC will be headed back to a state in the NE. Then he can face that warrant, plus the other 3 jurisdictions who didn't want to extradite from out of state.

Good guys win again!

Nice job! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, that's it for me folks. My relief showed up early so I'm heading home. See you guys in about a week. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    ^^ super like!!!
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    whats the best way to adjust to night shift? next year, I start coming at 3am-11am. trying to take OT as much as I can now to get used to it

I've done it three years, still have not adjusted. Some people just can't.

me either...going on 3.5 years
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    whats the best way to adjust to night shift? next year, I start coming at 3am-11am. trying to take OT as much as I can now to get used to it

No kids and was single for my first 5 years of being on the night shift. It made working nights easier. Getting sleep, setting my own schedule and not having to worry about others. I have a roommate but it works out. He works swing shift and don't have sleeping issues.

Now a days, still no kids but I am now in a relationship. She works days and gets weekends off while I get Mon/Tues off which sucks. We try to get together at least once a week but lately it's been once a month.
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Morning Nocs! I'm reluctantly getting ready for work while the rest of the family gets cozy and winds down for the weekend. Poor me, lol.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    jacklifts wrote: »

No kids and was single for my first 5 years of being on the night shift. It made working nights easier. Getting sleep, setting my own schedule and not having to worry about others. I have a roommate but it works out. He works swing shift and don't have sleeping issues.

Now a days, still no kids but I am now in a relationship. She works days and gets weekends off while I get Mon/Tues off which sucks. We try to get together at least once a week but lately it's been once a month.

Good GOD I know this feel so well.
    I wouldn't call it a 'relationship'...er... I just don't want to. It is what it is. Anyway, we both work nights but he has Sun, Mon, Tues, off and I have Wed, Thurs. We try to get together once a week but lately it's twice a month when either he has training during the day Weds and we hang Weds night OR if I take a Tuesday off and we hang out Tuesday night. :grumble:
  • gte149n
    gte149n Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love working nights and things couldn't be better!
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Love it when I call in to take OT, told that it was filled, then come in for my normal shift and find out they were working 3 short for the past 4 hours
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Oooh look...another 12 hour shift... :neutral:

Bring on the coffee....yeah, just stick the IV in there...