Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, maybe you can write a book! Lots of people would laugh at that, even if the review board wouldn't appreciate it much!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm petty sure most of us could write a book with the title "I Can't Make This *kitten* Up; Things I Heard On The Job"

It'd be a bestseller :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Bethanie, I do believe you are correct. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm always worried about a dog when the owner is wanting you to examine it but they are backing around the counter like they are going to use it for cover then the dog comes unglued. Thank goodness for sedatives. Better living through pharmacology.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So, I'm working for the weekend, as in working all weekend :D

Corny? Yes

Who's with me?
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the weekend too. Just getting ready now. Hey, ho, Let's go!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've been sentenced to a weekend of labor. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm petty sure most of us could write a book with the title "I Can't Make This *kitten* Up; Things I Heard On The Job"

100% truth!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

100% truth!

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    So, I'm working for the weekend, as in working all weekend :D

Corny? Yes

Who's with me?

Right here with you to Monday morning.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    tk6299 wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird
    Hey, can you go check that building for a fire hazard? j/k :p
    I'm in Smithville tonight so no checking that building for ME!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Oh well, good on you! Let that **** burn down, lol.
  • BodyByBex
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So on Wednesday, I was off and feeling okay. Tired, but okay. I spent the day with my mom(who is permanently back from Dallas :cry: ), we ran around running some errands and I got my hair cut EVEN SHORTER! I love it. But with product in my hair, I fall asleep, and wake up looking like an angry cockatoo. :lol:

Thursday, I felt like poop. I ended up developing a fever and I threw up at one point. I got the chas(diarrhea) and all I did was lay around and watch movies with my mom. Gym time cancelled and I just lay around all day being a good for nothing.
    I feel a BUNCH better today, but I still feel kind of run down and tired.
    SSP bought me a shirt while he was on his way back from New York. He got it in Pennsylvania. Hershey, Pennsylvania!

Hoping this night passes quickly and then I can pass out in my bed when I get home.

My doctor called me regarding my ultrasound results and said "I know you work nights, but could you TRY cutting back on caffeine and see if that helps?"
    I'm down to 2 cups of coffee a day instead of my usual 4-6 and that has helped TREMENDOUSLY with the breast pain. So is a certain doctor/vet/friend could explain this ( @sufferlandrian *cough cough*), it would be very much appreciated.
    Down to 2 cups a day is rough, but I've found that if I stay hydrated and time it properly I do pretty well. :smile:

That's all from me.

ETA: Yes, @sufferlandrian, I AM too lazy to Google...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    tk6299 wrote: »
    Oh well, good on you! Let that **** burn down, lol.

I CAN'T! We have Rhesus babies in there!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Not sure I can help you on that one. Pets aren't big caffeine consumers so I'm not sure what the connection there is. The only guess I would have is the same reason it helps with headaches. If I remember correctly, caffeine causes blood vessels to dilate. Although that increased blood flow to a headache, it would make the breasts retain more fluid causing them to hurt. I don't know for sure. I'll have to look that one up.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Not sure I can help you on that one. Pets aren't big caffeine consumers so I'm not sure what the connection there is. The only guess I would have is the same reason it helps with headaches. If I remember correctly, caffeine causes blood vessels to dilate. Although that increased blood flow to a headache, it would make the breasts retain more fluid causing them to hurt. I don't know for sure. I'll have to look that one up.

Then SOMEONE explain Liam's energy! Little pup is driving us batty!

He finally has an appointment to get neutered!
    Also, uhm...do dogs have wet dreams?
    Serious question....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No. What they have are dreams where the parasympathetic nervous system causes erections like when they are dreaming about food. These can lead to discharge from the bulbourethral gland but it's not the same as a wet dream.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    No. What they have are dreams where the parasympathetic nervous system causes erections like when they are dreaming about food. These can lead to discharge from the bulbourethral gland but it's not the same as a wet dream.

Neat!...gross... but neat!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @lilaclovebird My dr recommended to me at one point to cut the caffeine bc it'd help reduce fibroids in my breasts. I have no idea what the connection is but you aren't the only one who's been told. And I love your hair

And yay, I'm not alone! I'll be here till Monday morning as well.

So I just did a full on arm workout with dumbbells and a medicine ball. I have no idea how I'm going to do my hair when I wake up. It's wash day so I have to wash and dry a lot of hair; and I'm not completely sure I'll be able to lift my arms above my head :smiley:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I've heard of the headaches thing and a quick Google search says it's related to the blood vessels @sufferlandrian mentions. Another page I read up on talked about a research study where they had participants cut down on the caffeine consumption and 61% noticed the pain lessen. Caffeine apparently contains a chemical called methylxanthine that causes blood vessels to dilate.