Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Exactly! @Zipbsky
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have my diary day set up in 4 hour increments:

12AM-4AM
    4AM-8AM
    8AM-12PM
    12PM-4PM
    4PM-8PM
    8PM-12AM

and I record whatever I eat in the appropriate time slots. It's been working for me(when I make good choices :flushed: )
    Perhaps you could try that @LooserPaul ?

You have to change the "meal names" by logging in on a computer and going to "food" and then into "settings" and from there it's pretty self explanatory.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as Lilac. I just set it in 4 hour increments and let it roll at midnight to start the new days.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    with working second shift, i did the same thing: my intervals are midnight-8am, 8am to 3pm, 3pm to 8pm, and 8pm to midnight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sometimes it is good to have a slow night. :smile: Now that I've said that it will get crazy. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to log the day as when I got up to when I went to bed but it started getting complicated when I started working splits. Now, I just log midnight-to-midnight and I don't have my diary split into meals at all.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I used to log the day as when I got up to when I went to bed but it started getting complicated when I started working splits. Now, I just log midnight-to-midnight and I don't have my diary split into meals at all.

I log the same way. And have it set up in 4 hour increments.

I think it's about the most normal thing I have in terms of a schedule :# #nightshiftproblems
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Been working on a dog with diabetes for two days now. His kidneys finally gave out. Sometimes this job sucks. I'm going to have to go hang out with the black lab that is bouncing off the walls to make myself feel better.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • TK6299
    Options
    Bummer.... @sufferlandrian So sad.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well guys, I'm out of here. My relief is here so I'm going home to put my cold feet on my wife when I crawl into bed. :wink:
  • TK6299
    Options
    Lol, I am sure she will appreciate that! 1 1/2 to go for me...
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Well guys, I'm out of here. My relief is here so I'm going home to put my cold feet on my wife when I crawl into bed. :wink:

Lmao I'm the opposite I climb into bed and put my freezing hands on my fiancé...

I'm the exact opposite in this scenario...one ex used to call me her "hot water bottle".
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, by the time I got home there was another body in my bed. My son was in the middle putting out heat better than a Trane heating system. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I am tired...I don't wanna be here...but I have Tuesday off so it's only a four day week. I got this.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So far it's been one of those weekends where every case seems to have something obscure but the owners don't have the money to pursue diagnostics. I sure hope my guesses so far have been close to accurate.

@Lilaclovebird - I hate when my week starts that way. Hope it gets better.
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's okay @sufferlandrian, my week got better.
    This is Fury. He's a resident stray that has been coming by our house that my Uncle started feeding about a year ago.

ymjggk3cinvz.jpg

He showed up with a swollen paw on 03/31/2016 and we pondered long and hard about what to do and where to take him because vet care is expensive. Our vet in Bastrop charges $100 just to bring in an animal and have it looked at. That doesn't include ANY treatment.
    SSP told me about taking Brody to La Grange and there was an inexpensive vet hospital there. So we captured him on 04/01/2016 and put him in a BIG kennel with towels and food and water and he had diarrhea... so we just kept changing the towels until my mom got home to call and ask about how much it would cost to take him all the way out to La Grange and we would decide from there.
    They said it was free to bring him in at 3:30pm, but as soon as my mom mentioned we had him caged, they said to bring him in at 1:30pm, it was noon when we called.
    They charged us $45 for his shots(because he didn't have any records and he needed them) and then while the vet looked at his paw, Fury was fussy(because it hurt) but he didn't scratch anyone. He had to have his paw/arm shaved and drained, and the vet mentioned how much easier it would be if he were sleeping and said he wouldn't stand a chance anyway.
    My mom was like "Why are we treating him, if he wont stand a chance?!"
    The vet said that if we didn't get him neutered, he'd just keep getting in fights and keep getting hurt. We asked how much it would cost to have him neutered.
    $45 for shots
    $55 to neuter him
    $35 for antibiotics
    $0 for overnight boarding and treating/draining the paw
    Having a recovering new cat lounging around the house= Priceless.

You can see his paw/arm in the photo and the swelling has gone down a LOT! He's doing SO much better. He loves the dogs and all the people of our house but doesn't understand why KC (our other cat) hates him.
    They are staying separate for now and we hope they'll get along soon or learn to avoid each other.
    Fury.jpg 146.8K
  • BodyByBex
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's Fury when he was caged up waiting for his fate to be decided. You can see his front arm in its swollen state.

540dd0kvnmnd.jpg

Also, he's got an injured right eye, which is why I named him 'Fury'.

I know...I'm a geek...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    He looks like a really cool cat. :smile:
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Gotta love working a split shift at a regional dispatch center....changing desks (each desk is a different town that is dispatched) every 4 hours gets old really quick. Im assigned to 3 different desks in a span of 12 hours