The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @NormInv I understand and I feel that way at times too. You've had a longer sober streak than I so I can imagine this will happen every so often. I've decided to buy a notebook and keep it as a gratitude journal. When I feel the blues or temptation or whatever, I am going to jot something down immediately. A reason why I am happy to be sober, or be alive or an event I am looking forward to. Only positive things. I believe this may help.

Happens to me too@Normlnv sometimes I'm just sitting here in the evening bored,same old TV,same old house that needs picking up,same old day at work,etc but I just try and turn it in to a positive,if I were drinking daily like I used to I wouldn't have any of these things I'm taking for granted,great job Jen on getting the notebook to write down what you're going through when things get rough,hope we all have a happy AF day!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    Thanks for the support...

Today in Wall Street Journal, there was an article on how AF is the new trend and alcohol sales are down across the board and alcohol companies are now offering AF alternatives....if you have access to WSJ check it out

in the same article was a link to a 'dry january' article....it listed all the benefits and said that dry january has been big in england and is now also getting big in US

Great article, we are huge fans of WSJ. We read our paper every morning!