The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Tomorrow I head for the South for two weeks. This is providing there are enough TSA agents and ATC working to get us off the ground safely. Its going to be Snowmaggedon in NY tomorrow so we'll add that to the obstacles to get us out. I'm really looking forward to lifting at the MUSC while in Charleston and the LA Fitness in Tampa. Yes, I am one of those *kitten* who looks forward to lifting on vacation.

As always, you guys are doing great. Lots of new faces. To you, welcome.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I just realized I'll be 46 this year. Heading down the slope to 50.eek

Take it from a 48 year old. Every year gets better. You reach the point where you know you shouldn’t do something but the brain says, what the hell. Let’s see what happens. 😆
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Take it from a 48 year old. Every year gets better. You reach the point where you know you shouldn’t do something but the brain says, what the hell. Let’s see what happens. 😆

unfortunately my brain has been wired like that my entire life. As my physic guy said to me once your brain is wired from being an athlete growing up. You feel the pains and know you need to stop but you figure you'll just deal with it later. Sadly things have started catching up to me but I still don't listen to my body as I"m about to pop an Aleve so I can take my boy skating at a neat new skate trail
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Don't be afraid, you are fit and strong - you will still be amazing at 50. I was at my fittest and looked my best at 50.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Friday all. No workout for me last night - hosted bridge so was busy prepping (cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, setting the table, carrying in wood) .
    It is going to be a cold weekend, but am still hoping to get out on my snowshoes.
  • Jbley75
    Jbley75 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello again! 43 and trying to lose weight and build muscles... Of course right.... Add me
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Ok. Teeth extractions are done. Had a nice nap under anesthesia. I’m sore as expected but not too sore. Rest today and tomorrow and Sunday night is a Blood Moon hike.

Have a great weekend my friends.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options

It's not a slope, Ali! It's a glorious climb!

Hear, hear!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    njt07 wrote: »
    so starting a new career after retiring from the Army is a bit rough lol. they keep bringing delicious doughnuts, breakfast tacos and other calorie bombs in and give you a sad face if you don't eat. I gained 10 lbs my first couple months here and now I'm trying to lose em. Being in the tech sector includes frequent happy hours (I thought military folks drank a lot...)

Congrats on your retirement from the Army and much thanks for your service.

The single worst thing that caused my weight gain is getting a desk job. Tell them you can’t eat snacks because it messes with the super soldier serum the Army put in you.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    😥. The Blood Moon hike for Sunday is cancelled due to projected snow. I’d still go if I had snowshoes. Next time.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Just picked up a pair of snowshoes. Basic pair just to see if I’ll like it. If I only got 1 or 2 seasons of use I’d be happy. Then I’ll invest in a better pair. Looking forward to trying them out now.
  • MrsJoJoFlamingo
    MrsJoJoFlamingo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im 48, overweight but don't feel middle aged! Feel free to add 🙌
  • adelgado91335
    adelgado91335 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gents feel free to add me. I can use and provide motivation.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hope all the middle agers are having a great day. We had a snow storm yesterday so my boy and I took a chilly walk to get some groceries and then played in the snow for a bit. Lotsa Fun
  • ren_f1
    ren_f1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Hope all the middle agers are having a great day. We had a snow storm yesterday so my boy and I took a chilly walk to get some groceries and then played in the snow for a bit. Lotsa Fun

We were supposed to get a bit of snow. Got very little and it quickly turned to freezing rain. No fun. But I could probably skate in my road.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Just picked up a pair of snowshoes. Basic pair just to see if I’ll like it. If I only got 1 or 2 seasons of use I’d be happy. Then I’ll invest in a better pair. Looking forward to trying them out now.

Oh, I hope you enjoy your snowshoe hikes! Snowshoeing is how I survive winter.