What features would you be willing to pay a little extra for?

Options
Each of us are taking different approaches to our diets, While MFP is awesome there are some improvements that would be awesome. I might even be willing to pay extra for certain features. Maybe an a la carte type of thing.

For example I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if they would show the Glycemic index/Glycemic Load for Whole foods. (not processed branded. That would be too much work for them)

But if there were a way for them to incorporate the Glycemic index in the data that would be huge for many of us that have to watch carb intake for *health* reasons (ie diabetes and pre diabetes)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'd pay for a database in which the only whole foods entries were those MFP pulled from the USDA database, didn't have liquid measurements like ml for solid foods, and all the decimal errors were fixed (1 g entries show values for 100 g).

It would need to be a complete database as well. For example, the MFP-created entry "Egg, whole, raw, fresh" has been missing for a few years. I still have it in my Recent, but need to use a user-created entry in the Recipe Builder.

This^^ all day long. Some way to differentiate. Even if it is a different color text that would work: or a second list completely. That doesn't seem to be that hard of a fix. No idea why it has to be difficult. When Mike owned the site, there was an asterisk that was in front of all the user-entered ones and the admin-entered ones didn't have the asterisk. (Or was it the other way 'round?)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I want to find how to enable negative calorie adjustments. I have googled and it says to go to Home, then Settings, then Diary and it should be there but it isnt. Where can I find this?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I'd pay for a database in which the only whole foods entries were those MFP pulled from the USDA database, didn't have liquid measurements like ml for solid foods, and all the decimal errors were fixed (1 g entries show values for 100 g).

It would need to be a complete database as well. For example, the MFP-created entry "Egg, whole, raw, fresh" has been missing for a few years. I still have it in my Recent, but need to use a user-created entry in the Recipe Builder.

This^^ all day long. Some way to differentiate. Even if it is a different color text that would work: or a second list completely. That doesn't seem to be that hard of a fix. No idea why it has to be difficult. When Mike owned the site, there was an asterisk that was in front of all the user-entered ones and the admin-entered ones didn't have the asterisk. (Or was it the other way 'round?)

I bet @CyberTone remembers :smiley:
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I want to find how to enable negative calorie adjustments. I have googled and it says to go to Home, then Settings, then Diary and it should be there but it isnt. Where can I find this?

Settings > Diary Settings. Scroll down to Enable Negative Adjustment

seocucgvy4l8.png
  • nooshi713
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Settings > Diary Settings. Scroll down to Enable Negative Adjustment

seocucgvy4l8.png

This is the screen I get. It is nothing like you showed.

vffsblm24jss.png
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Because you are on the app and the other screen is desktop.

^ yeah. I think you have to do it on the pc version.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

^ yeah. I think you have to do it on the pc version.

Ok thanks.
  • nooshi713
    Options

Thank you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options

I bet @CyberTone remembers :smiley:

I have't seen CT in a while. Do you think he finally threw up his hands at being the unofficial tech support? :lol: