What features would you be willing to pay a little extra for?

Replies

• Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    patrickaa5 wrote: »
    I would pay if MFP could somehow autofix the "lose vs loose" problem. ;)

It's 100% free to accept that typos and misunderstandings about spelling will happen online, especially when you're gathering people from a variety of countries and backgrounds.

I work with and forum with a lot of ESL people and IME it is native English speakers who make these types of mistakes.

I notice a lot of UK people say loose weight, which I find quite odd.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    I was more or less just kidding around and would never correct a post, but based on my 20 years of reading finance (and more recently weight loss) boards, the lose/loose error has to be the most common of all.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    I was more or less just kidding around and would never correct a post, but based on my 20 years of reading finance (and more recently weight loss) boards, the lose/loose error has to be the most common of all.

Right, I saw your post as tongue-in-cheek :)

My spelling has gotten worse since I've been foruming. I never used to make here/hear their/there type mistakes.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Sorry, I took you too seriously!
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    I'd pay for a database in which the only whole foods entries were those MFP pulled from the USDA database, didn't have liquid measurements like ml for solid foods, and all the decimal errors were fixed (1 g entries show values for 100 g).

It would need to be a complete database as well. For example, the MFP-created entry "Egg, whole, raw, fresh" has been missing for a few years. I still have it in my Recent, but need to use a user-created entry in the Recipe Builder.

This
    I'd pay for a database in which the only whole foods entries were those MFP pulled from the USDA database, didn't have liquid measurements like ml for solid foods, and all the decimal errors were fixed (1 g entries show values for 100 g).

It would need to be a complete database as well. For example, the MFP-created entry "Egg, whole, raw, fresh" has been missing for a few years. I still have it in my Recent, but need to use a user-created entry in the Recipe Builder.

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    A sync that works correctly with Apple Watch... I’m a former Premium member that is now using another paid app for my logging, for this reason. I still like MFP for the forums but the lack of functionality was killer,
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    It should all be free - all the time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

that.

cause that garlic entry gets me every single time! :/
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    It should all be free - all the time.

If something's free, we are usually the actual product. Interestingly, upgrading free services generally doesn't seem to roll back any of the value we 'get to' provide in return.

Pretty much always, with the exception being government and non-profit provided services, and, to some degree, free apps offered to assist you in spending money for a service (say, apps that let you locate a brick-and-mortar store in a given chain and place an in-app order) or to use an online service that you pay for (e.g., Spotify or Netflix on your phone). Any of those probably still use the data gathered for maximizing their revenues, just as a brick-and-mortar store uses general sales info and info linked to reward cards to maximize revenues.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I love MFP, but use another app to log. I would switch back if the diary entries were accurate and I could track ALL nutrients (important if you’re vegan).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I love MFP, but use another app to log. I would switch back if the diary entries were accurate and I could track ALL nutrients (important if you’re vegan).

I wish I could use another app for logging, but I only do it in short bursts and keep coming back here. I like that this one has both a desktop and a smartphone app, that I can easily copy meals from yesterday or use saved meals, and that there are times when the messed up database comes in handy when I'm trying to log some weird foreign brands or local foods. I basically go back and forth using an app, getting tired of some aspect of it, switching to another, and so on.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    I would pay if MFP could somehow autofix the "lose vs loose" problem. ;)

It's 100% free to accept that typos and misunderstandings about spelling will happen online, especially when you're gathering people from a variety of countries and backgrounds.

I work with and forum with a lot of ESL people and IME it is native English speakers who make these types of mistakes.

I notice a lot of UK people say loose weight, which I find quite odd.

It is very common here. Not sure why.