When did you “officially proclaim” you were in maintenance?

Options
13»

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I’ve been on WW Plan and they have rules
    1. Set a GW (BMI chart or Dr note)
    2. Meet GW
    3. Maintain GW for six weeks (no more than 2# over GW)
    4. Earn Lifetime for free membership as long as below GW or not over 2#.

I made GW 3/29/18, I have been on Maintenance sincere May.
    SW 376 (2013)
    GW 184 (2018)
    CW 180

Thanks for sharing this. I think what I'll require of me is that I hit my single point goal weight and be at or below it for 90% of the days in a 30-day look back period. What I've learned here is to have my ideal weight expressed in a range and that I'll do. My plan is for a 5-lb. range. And, as many here have shared, they revised downward more their ideal weight. I'm feeling with 5 lbs. to go that this is something I too may do.

Thanks for sharing.

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    When I hit the minimum of my want-to-be weight range I declared I was in maintenance. However when I reached it I kept losing weight and dipped under it. But eventually got back within the range, and then some, and now getting back there again lol.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    When I hit the minimum of my want-to-be weight range I declared I was in maintenance. However when I reached it I kept losing weight and dipped under it. But eventually got back within the range, and then some, and now getting back there again lol.

Thanks for sharing. Coincidentally, yesterday I was just thinking about doing it that way.

Regardless, in my mind, maintenance-land must be earned so I’ll continue at my journey.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »

Once I got to goal, I set a 10 lb range with the top actually below my goal, but still considered myself in maintenance losing down to it. My goal was to get my BMI under 25 and keep it there. Any fiddling around I do under 25 I consider maintenance. I have gone as low as 23, but most of the time keep it around 24.