What features would you be willing to pay a little extra for?

Options

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if this has been discussed yet, but I’d love to be able to peek at another member’s diary from the forums on my phone. I see so many threads where people say “open your diary so we can help,” but unless I’m friends with them, I can’t see the diary. I almost never use mfp on desktop, so it’s annoying.

There is a setting on the FOOD diary that is for "Public" and when that is chosen everyone can see it, regardless if you are connected by a friend feature. There is also a "friends only" or you can limit it to just you or lock it with a password/key.

Right, but I’m talking about if someone makes their diary “public.” Unless they’re one of my friends, I can’t see it on the app. I would like to be able to though so I can help people when they ask for it.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The correct answer is to clean up the food database.

I would like it if the remaining calories go straight to "What a Failure Red" when you're 8 calories over. I'd prefer a "You're Doing Just Fine, Sugar" yellow until one gets to maintenance cals, then a "Whoah, Slow Down Baby" orange, then red when you're at a surplus.

But I'm the sensitive type.

That wouldn't work because some people use the app for maintaining and gaining. If the calorie ranges were customizable, that would be a good idea. I often like to eat within a range, so setting "everything is going as planned" for that range would be cool. I often ignore the colors to the point where I don't even pay attention to them anymore. Years of logging toughened my skin quite a bit.

SparkPeople's food logging area does a daily range, which I think is a great idea.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I may not pay extra money for it but I would like the option to add or remove certain threads from my recent post feed. For instance, I would hide all posts made to the Goal: Maintaining Weight, Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building, Chit-Chat, and Fun and Games threads because those are not my focus. I don't want to lose them forever but hide them until/if I want to see them again.

ETA: Please give us a search option for the recipes we created. Again, I wouldn't pay extra for it but I think both of these things could at least be included in the premium price.
    On the website, you need to Follow the forums you do want to see in your recent posts feed, and then set your feed to Following instead of All.

Thank you! Just did this and it got a rid of a lot of stuff I wasn't interested in.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if this has been discussed yet, but I’d love to be able to peek at another member’s diary from the forums on my phone. I see so many threads where people say “open your diary so we can help,” but unless I’m friends with them, I can’t see the diary. I almost never use mfp on desktop, so it’s annoying.

For some strange reason I’ve never liked the app on my iPhone for the forums, I just keep the web page open in my browser.
    I can see profiles and diaries that way too.

Cheers, h.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

For some strange reason I’ve never liked the app on my iPhone for the forums, I just keep the web page open in my browser.

Cheers, h.

Yeah, see, I’m more of an app person. And maybe this shouldn’t even be a “premium” feature. If you can do it from mobile web, you should be able to do it in the app.

On another note, it would also be cool to better integrate the forum stickies into the overall app experience. There is so much juicy, quality content there, but it’s evident that newbies don’t often read it. Maybe it could be something like what Noom does, where each day you get an article or an activity that walks you through how to be successful. I realize not everyone will want this, but it would help avoid the same questions over and over again.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

There is a setting on the FOOD diary that is for "Public" and when that is chosen everyone can see it, regardless if you are connected by a friend feature. There is also a "friends only" or you can limit it to just you or lock it with a password/key.

I have gone into the same thread on my phone and my PC, and on the PC I can get into the person's diary and on my phone app I cannot. Even if a diary is set to public, I can't see it on my phone unless I'm friends with the poster.

It is terribly annoying!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

Yep, I like the forums better on the website, but the food diary better on the phone app :confused:
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Cheers, h.

Yep, I like the forums better on the website, but the food diary better on the phone app :confused:

That is how I do it too. If I want to log, app; if I am reading the forums, IPhone web.

Cheers, h.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Web works good for meals if you want to copy from a prior day. Breakfast for me is pretty consistent, so it's easier on the web.

But otherwise the app for meals.
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Looking less hairy than usual today @Tacklewasher.

B) , h.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

B) , h.

I was just wondering if he'd lost a bet!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

B) , h.

Shhhhhh.

Don't tell @quiksylver296 I'm doing this.....
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    What I would pay for in the app: A miniature rendering of my wife that reads me the riot act if enter over on my calorie goal.

:#

I'm still amateur status regarding all the apps functionality, but so far no real gripes other than some glitches a couple of weeks ago or so.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Cheers, h.

I have zero interest in the app too, and only use desktop. It's interesting that MFP seems to be increasingly attracting people who are app only. I wouldn't use the forums on app. I don't log meals on the app either (well, now I use Cron when I log, but I never once logged on the app when I logged here).

I wouldn't look at profiles and diaries on the app either, but it's not like I do that very often on desktop.

App v. desktop is probably an age thing. (I guess Gen X is old fogey now, sigh. Passed over generation and all that.)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to pay for an electric whip if I haven't done any exercise by 9 a.m. and another electric whip the moment I approach my daily calorie allowance. Life would be so much fun!
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm not into macros and I don't exercise. I'm a good ol' fashion calorie counter and MFP is absolutely perfect for that as is.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

B) , h.

Shhhhhh.

Don't tell @quiksylver296 I'm doing this.....

He was too intimidated to keep it up long enough for me to find out. @tacklewasher
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    patrickaa5 wrote: »
    I was more or less just kidding around and would never correct a post, but based on my 20 years of reading finance (and more recently weight loss) boards, the lose/loose error has to be the most common of all.

I'm pretty sure You're/Your" is a more common error.

• bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'd pay extra for the ability to leave conversations and not get notified without having to give up all notifications for conversations that I still want to follow. That last little box on the notification preferences....