has anyone drank apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,293 Member
    Options
    It makes a nice dressing for a beet slaw that fills me up for relatively few calories. (Seriously. Pulse a jalapeno in the food processor. Switch to the grater blade. Process approx 6-8 beets with a peeled and cored Granny Smith apple. Put it all in a Ziploc with 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup ACV. Seal the bag, shake it all up, and chill.)

Cooked beets, or raw beets? (I know they're usually eaten cooked, but I've had quite a nice raw beet "carpaccio", so I wasn't sure - I could imagine a raw salad.)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Raw. One of the things I love about the recipe. :)
  • trntbowles
    trntbowles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I couldn’t get into it. Every time I tried it I ended up puking after. I just couldn’t swallow it but I heard it doesn’t let a noticeable difference.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    trntbowles wrote: »
    I couldn’t get into it. Every time I tried it I ended up puking after. I just couldn’t swallow it but I heard it doesn’t let a noticeable difference.

Ah, maybe that's the amazing secret of apple cider vinegar. Have a glass or two BEFORE and AFTER your meals and you will lose weight in new time - and you will starve yourself to death.....
  • LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't use apple cidar vinegar for weight loss but I use it because it's a great detox ☺ I put a teaspoon of ACV in a cup of water and drink it daily. It's really healthy for your body. Though do not drink ACV by itself.. since it's so acidic it can damage your esophagus and tooth enamel, have to dilute it in water.

What is it you think you need to 'detox'?

Cleans out toxins in the liver/kidneys and regulates blood sugar levels. Also helps with UTI's.

No

??
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I drink raw ACV with the mother (Braggs) on occasions just as I consume home made kefir and sauerkraut etc. for the probiotic benefits to support my gut as I have Hashimoto's. No weight loss benefits seen (or expected tbh :) ).