has anyone drank apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• hrasmussen4
    hrasmussen4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is from Ruled Me website. I am on a Keto diet and I take spoonful in my 330ml water bottle with 1/3 sachet of Stevia sweetener. Helps a little to keep the hunger away during intermittent fasting too. But no direct weight loss.

Apple cider vinegar has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity in several studies, including a trial in women with PCOS. In this trial, seven women with PCOS took one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per day. After 40 days, 4 of the women resumed ovulating, 6 experienced a measurable reduction in insulin resistance, and 5 had a decrease in their LH/FSH ratio (this indicates less androgen production).

For best results, consume 1-2 tablespoons per day. However, this doesn’t mean you have to take shots of pure vinegar. Use apple cider vinegar as the vinegar for your salad dressings and sauces instead.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use it on salads without oil or other dressing. It is delicious and helps make a low cal filling meal. I like balsamic vinegar even better. Pickle and jalepeno pickle juice are also good dressing alternatives.
  • LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a year now and haven't had any problems.

I'm quite particular about how I spend my money, so I would count "paying for something that provides no measurable benefit" as a problem.

Your liver and kidneys are no more or less healthy than they would be if you did not use ACV. You are spending money on a product that does not do what you are hoping it does. Moreover, if you HAVE experienced some positive benefits, your focus on ACV means that you're not paying attention to whatever actually DID cause those benefits, and thus missing out on the opportunity to use strategies that work more effectively.

You know.. I don't remember forcing drinking ACV on anyone so why is everyone so against something I do with my own body? I'm happy that you have went 58 years without it. But I said this before and I'll say it again, I like it. I did not tell anyone that they need to do it, I was just saying what I use ACV for because someone asked. I did not find out about ACV by Google, I found it by my doctor and dietitian, which is a much more reliable source than Google. I only did the google search, because you asked, I'm sorry that you disagree with it.

We're not against you drinking ACV. We're against you passing on misinformation to others.

I didn't know I was 'misinforming' because I believe in the reasons of why I drink it. Figured someone else could try it and see for themselves. I also said how to drink ACV without hurting your body and warned that it can hurt your body because if I didn't say that, then I can understand people getting upset at me for putting someone else in harms way, but I didn't, so I don't know how/way my comment has triggered so many people when I just wanted to help.

*why