What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    60 minutes on Zwift. 22.2 miles @ 225watts avg.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell overheard press
    Lateral pulldown
    Incline dumbbell press
    Kinesis Seated row
    Kinesis chest press
    Dumbbell curls
    Cable tricep pushdowns
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Rest day, it was absolutely necessary. Tomorrow may also be a rest day. We shall see.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Slippy, slidy 2mile run to bootcamp
    1hr bootcamp bit cold this morning.
    Going to be stretching and rolling a couple of times during the day but otherwise 24hrs of rest before tomorrow's 15miles
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    18 mile run. Whew!
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts
    Leg press
    Leg curl
    Calf raises
    Weighted sit-ups
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Walk for exactly one hour at a local park - 3.70 miles. Was supposed to be another rest day but made a "business decision" that a walk would be good for my body and mind, and it was.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Time to heal @RunnerGrl1982.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Time to heal @RunnerGrl1982.

Hey @pierinifitness ! Yes, definitely! I have a lower mileage week this next week; so I'll be taking it easy and running a bit slower than my normal easy running pace.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I had a very good row on very flat water this morning. 90min in an 8 with rowers who are far more advanced than I am (one of whom has been rowing for at least 20 years). I didn't log it on my Garmin, but according to a very rough plot I just did, we rowed well over 12,000m.

We did a ton of rate drills, I personally worked on handle height during the recovery. We also did a really chaotic pick drill which I think my coach though I would not hate (which is a fair assumption), but I thought it was really fun because it was so comical. I also learned that I can't actually control my oar very well with over a 22 (most of our dills involved four intervals from 18 to 26).

My public service announcement for the week. If you're going to go out on a dock with your sweetheart(s) make a large heart out of 20+ glow sticks, and then scatter 10 roses worth of rose petals, at least clean the glow sticks up after you're done. It won't look cute the next morning when geese have pooped all over it (at first I thought it was redish-pink goose poop and was a bit worried), glow sticks are slippery, and no one likes a litterer (especially when the litter likely to enter the watershed very quickly).
  • firef1y72
    Options
    15 easy miles today. Legs have definitely got used to the higher mileage and pushing through the pain last week paid off this. Comfortable the whole way round, fastest 15miles, took 1min/mile off last week's pace and had more in me. 17 miles next week is still a little scary but I reckon I can more than manage.
    5f04tuhrdzgc.jpg
  • sistrsprkl8097
    sistrsprkl8097 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the house! Small house but pretty dirty 😜
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Run 5:00 walk 1:00 for 10 rounds or 1 hour and 5.41 miles. Had a muscle cramp so only ran about 2 minutes during the 10th run round. Ran at local park and it started to rain as I finished my run.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've been super-sick lately. Todays exercise (the first in well over a week) was a 2 mile walk. And it was glorious - but now I'm really tired (because I'm not quite over whatever devil's flu I had).
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    15 easy miles today. Legs have definitely got used to the higher mileage and pushing through the pain last week paid off this. Comfortable the whole way round, fastest 15miles, took 1min/mile off last week's pace and had more in me. 17 miles next week is still a little scary but I reckon I can more than manage.
    5f04tuhrdzgc.jpg

I'm totally jealous of your run. I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things soon. Way to go!
  • ko4qowen
    ko4qowen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lovely 7.5 miles this morning, perfect weather at 35F, no breeze & got to watch the sunrise. Also randomly ended up catching up to a guy running about 25m ahead of me, we got to chatting. I had forgotten how enjoyable a run can be with other folks! Time to get back running with my group again.
  • iSneakers
    iSneakers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A long distance walk through the park after it warms up a little, and strength training in the evening.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    My "speed interval" day today or Hell Mondays, whichever you like to name it. 12 times 90 seconds on as hard as I can go, 60 second active recovery on the Air Dyne Pro. I hate the onboard monitor for the AD Pro as it doesn't track the interval part separate from the rest part (like the Concept 2 rower does), so all you can gauge progress by is total calories burned or average MPH, average Watts. I did improve slightly over last week. Around 10 (I think) more calories burned (around 470 calories for the half hour total). 10 minute cool down after.

Back is slowly healing. Feel like I could row easy now but I'm taking it easy as I have that cross country move in four weeks, so if I row before then, it will likely be really easy stuff. The back is more of a slightly uncomfortable afterthought now but I'm not risking injury before the move by brutal rowing sessions.

Will also do around 200 pushups today (I do them around every hour as a planned work break, 20 at a time) and around 150 weighted squats (not heavy at all, around 40 lbs). Overhead presses are on hold. Don't need the added stress on my back, even though I normally used a fairly light weight for that.
  • firef1y72
    edited February 2019
    Options
    1.5 mile run down to the gym, mostly ran because it was raining but there was a recovery element.
    45 min PT mostly abs but a little bit of arm work plus some burpees
    Shoulders still working on getting back to my previous 1rpm pyramided up to 31kg so only 3kg off now.
    Quick 1.25 mile run on treadmill to ease the legs

30min tabata very burpee heavy.
    50min barbell starting to reduce weight on leg tracks
    150 abs part of a challenge

For anyone wondering, I built up to this level of activity over 3 years. It's what I enjoy doing, I eat to fuel my activity and get quality rest each week for a full 24 hour period.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    13 miles / 37:21 / 477 calories

Not bad after a weekend of doing 23 and 20 hour fasts.