Does anyone have any weight loss tips and fat loss tips for me please?

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I would stand up for my point and explain my history of taking 2 years of anatomy and physiology for nursing school (while also keeping high grades and had honors) and how I trained to be a dietitian for the Air Force so I'm not completely clueless when it comes to knowing about the body, but I don't care anymore and isn't worth it.

Two years of anatomy and physiology and you think ACV helps your body remove toxins and starvation mode exists? Yikes.

Exactly! Wow!
  • LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would stand up for my point and explain my history of taking 2 years of anatomy and physiology for nursing school (while also keeping high grades and had honors) and how I trained to be a dietitian for the Air Force so I'm not completely clueless when it comes to knowing about the body, but I don't care anymore and isn't worth it.

You're both correct and incorrect. Starvation Mode does exist, but not in the context that it's talked about on diet sites. It takes several weeks/months on a starvation diet to start wreaking havoc on your internal organs. This is why many of the people found alive in concentration camps at the end of WWII could not be fed or saved. They were unable to keep food down because too much damage had already been done to their bodies and many continued to die for days/weeks after those camps were captured. They had been starved to the point that all of their fat reserves were gone and their bodies had no choice but to start shutting down both minor and major functions.

Starvation Mode as it is talked about on here doesn't exist. You don't go into starvation mode by fasting for a day. You don't start metabolizing your liver by eating under 1200 calories for a week. Etc. That's all a bunch of silliness. You could get in trouble if you decided to eat no more than 500 calories a day for a couple of months, but the MFP tools will warn you that's dangerous and I don't even think they'll allow you to set those parameters for yourself.

Basically, if anyone dieting ever gets to a point where they have to worry about TRUE starvation mode, their issues are more related to mental issues (body dysmorphia, anoerxia, etc.) than counting calories, and there's nothing those people will read on a site like MFP that will dissuade them from the course they are on. They need professional help.

[/quote

I agree, thank you.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Then why would you cite Dr Axe?

I chose that because it was the best one I could find at the moment.

I hope you can see that when you quote sources that are not credible or accurate, you do nothing for your own credibility and leave yourself open to challenges.

Well you are right but I learned what I learned when I was in all of those classes and I don't have the material with me/can't share some of the material online so that makes it a little harder for me to find credible sources to back up what I remember, especially since Google is filled with articles/blogs from who knows where. I just posted a link that agreed with what I said.

I gave you multiple suggestions for legitimate sources. Did you not learn about or use any of these in your education?